• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Probably when I robbed a place and got caught over a simple piece of fruit in Solitude. I respawned outside the castle but I was under the map. Needless to say, I found a way to jump to my death. (I have a video somewhere)

Or when I figured out I could play fetch with the dogs. I immediately went and got meeko and sent him flying off a cliff. Hahaha

Spellsword_Kale

Article Writer
The first time I saw the aurora borealis over Solitude, definitely. Have some stunning screenshots of that. Probably my biggest "wow" moment so far. Although I recently entered Riften for the first time and I'm sort of in love with its architecture.

Also, the inside of Azura's Stone. That was really, really cool.

DovakinDarkElf

my wow moment was when i tryed to e a hero and take on a giant cause i thought i was a god at level 8 :L:L:L but no i turned into a jet flying away with the hit the giant blew down on me :L:L:L:L dem guys all paid now that im level 35 :L:L:L Deathlords are now my problem with there shouts :L

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
Sunset in Riften, I sat on a bench and watched the houses change colour as the sun went down.

Deadlymoses

I've had many amazing WOAH and OOOH moments. Like one, when i was fighting a dragon, and a GIANT came to my aid, and killed the dragon. then he lumbered off, and left me with my prize.
Another AWESOME moment i had was when i was just chilling in the south-west area of Skyrim, and i realized that i had a favorite place to be in a videogame... huh. interesting :)
http://thelivegenerator.com/?r=970787

Oliverjames

The college of winterhold arcaneum. Stacks of books and bookshelves all separately labelled and with completely different stories within them. The detail is striking.

Lee

Rasta-For-I
Ahh he spammed a thread I made. Anyway, it's probably already been mentioned but Blackreach is beautiful, if a little difficult to get your bearings in.

HEFFAY

I had a 'WOW' momen last night, I was walking through a forest by a river. I came to a bandit camp and killed three bandits, after I dumped the bodies in the nearby river. I slept at the camp, and the next morning I looted everything worth taking. I began walking in the direction the river was flowing and about 10 minutes later I came across the three dead bodies hung up on a series of rocks. As I approached the corpses I was just in astonishment that the bodies didn't disppear when they went off screen.

Well first of all, I just met a talking dog outside of Falkreath called Barbas.
Second of all, when I killed a dragon and it's flesh burned right in front of me in mere seconds.
And lastly, calling the dragon to help you around Skyrim :)

ssgohanf8

Second of all, when I killed a dragon and it's flesh burned right in front of me in mere seconds.
And lastly, calling the dragon to help you around Skyrim :)
Oh, I love Barbos. His voice is... satisfying, I suppose, to hear. I haven't finished his quest, yet...

I was going for a walk by the tar pits when I noticed a lone giant standing on the shore. As I drew nearer I saw that he was looking down at a mammoth that was trapped and dying in the tar. The mammoth must have been part of his herd, so he was mourning the death of his friend. Walking up to him I silently stood beside him for several moments contemplating the death of this majestic creature. It was a moment of silent beauty, this usually hostile creature did not mind my presence beside him as he remembered the time he shared with his mammoth. I gave a short eulogy and then left the giant to mourn in peace.

Raven

My wow moment (being a noob as I am) realising the amount of locations to be found. Often I'll just pick a spot on my map that looks a bit bare...travel there with a follower and discover all the caves, houses, farms etc. I love being an explorer, the scenery is just great.
Also just started enchanting....its taken me over a month to actually do this LOL and it is awesome

shane595

a wow moment i had was wene i wanted the notched pickaxe but instead of doing the main mssion to get to the top i just rock climbed to the top and skipped most of the main mission

ShawnM1992

This was my wow moment, I fought two dragons, a Blood Dragon and a Frost Dragon, one after the other. Then I saw how their skeletons landed
image.jpg

Gore gro-Gijakudob

It may sound dull but it was a fight with a Draugr Overlord, the first one I met. The fight was quite early and I had used up all my potions, to make matters worse the bugger disarmed me of my Orcish war-hammer. I switched to an ancient Nord great sword that I had collected on the way and went into a berserk fury. I defeated it with literally a pixel of health left, I actually had shivers down my spine at how awesome the fight was.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
Had a 'wow' moment when I was attacked by a Blood Dragon near the rapids between Windhelm and the great waterfall coming down from Valtheim Towers. It was such an epic battle, I had run out of resist fire potions and the dragon was effectively BBQing me. He was hovering low in the air and spouting fire at me just within reach of my axe (from a rocky perch above the waterfall). I was swinging at him wildly and I took a step too far, falling down the waterfall. The dragon's fire and the fall almost killed me, and I had no healing potions. The dragon swooped in for the kill but I was miraculously saved when its attention got diverted to the cliffs on the other side of the rapids. It flew there and engaged a couple of frost spiders in battle, giving me just enough time to gather my senses, rummage through my inventory for scraps of food for healing, and withdraw to safety. I came back after my health had recovered and slew the dragon, but it was still a pyrrhic victory.

Ahkari Morrowind

Article Writer
My really omg moment was; I was walking through Dawnstar (A city located along the northern coast of Skyrim), and it was so peaceful with no bandits or whatever. But the problem was I had no sound on :/ and I suddenly saw a shadow above me- I looked up- nothing was there. Then I looked behind me and I could Just see the sea .Suddenly i looked the way i was walking and an ancient dragon blew ice at me. It gave me such a shock I screamed... xD

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
Two wisp mothers, an elder dragon, three horkers, a bandit marauder, Shadowmere, and me. All at once.

The whole time that's happening, I'm looking around going...
"What the..."
"HOLYYYYYY--"
"Who's hitting me!?"
"Where'd that arrow come from!?"
"WTF? I did not hit you, sir dragon!"
"STOP FREEZING ME YOU THREE!"
"Where's the dr-- STOP PLAYING WITH THE HORKERS."
"Shadowmere, don't you dare go jump off that cliff!"

And then... "... what... what... WHAT... WHAT..."

When I first saw him, I immediately went "HOLY-- WHAT-- WHAT-- WTF!?" Then I wanted to scream, "Yes, a talking dog is weird. Dragons are normal!" at him. XD

This was my wow moment, I fought two dragons, a Blood Dragon and a Frost Dragon, one after the other. Then I saw how their skeletons landed

I had a similar battle, but at Dawnstar, and with two Elder dragons. Waiting until I have to fight two Ancients together... xD

It may sound dull but it was a fight with a Draugr Overlord, the first one I met. The fight was quite early and I had used up all my potions, to make matters worse the bugger disarmed me of my Orcish war-hammer. I switched to an ancient Nord great sword that I had collected on the way and went into a berserk fury. I defeated it with literally a pixel of health left, I actually had shivers down my spine at how awesome the fight was.

Even at level 51, Draugr Overlords are one of the few enemies that still have me running around, looking for an open striking area. Probably because they can use Unrelenting Force and Disarm.

Oh, and the freaking ebony weapons. XD

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts