• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Recently, after emerging from a dungeon that I'd just cleared I decided to kill the lone mammoth that was on the horizon. As It drew closer I fired my last arrows, whittling it's down to a critical value.

It turned and fled, which amazed me, and I thought It'd be funny to finish the cowardly creature off with my fist. By the time I caught up to the beast, It's health regenerated (idk they could do that) slightly to where I knew I couldn't kill it in this fashion.

Still chasing it, I fumbled for my bow, only to realize I had no arrows left. As I drew out my axe, I saw that the beast had led me to it's giant protectors, which also amazed me. They owned my low-level character but I was disappointed because I only flew 6 feet into the air.

BarbRoyle123

Double Agent
For no particular reason I've avoided Morketh city, tonight I entered the drinking competition, again, for no particular reason.. Omg what a funny little quest!
Anyhoo.. My omg moment was waking up, opening a door and viewing this incredible city. The time invested in the rendering.. The damn view! Seriously.. W.O.W!
Anyhow, knowing the way I pile quest after quest in myself I exited quickly.
What a great scene; I shall return!

I agree too, Markarth is amazing and the quests you get in this city... definitely wow!

Funny thing happened while playing Skyrim today - first time I've ever seen a dragon prefer to attack small frostbite spiders instead of my character, who is continually shooting arrows at it. That made me laugh!

Jeff31

Premium Member
I agree too, Markarth is amazing and the quests you get in this city... definitely wow!

Funny thing happened while playing Skyrim today - first time I've ever seen a dragon prefer to attack small frostbite spiders instead of my character, who is continually shooting arrows at it. That made me laugh!

Ive seen dragons go after giaints and trolls I just stand and watch :p.

dragonkilla

when i watched the fight between horse and spider of course i did the right thing and helped the horse, but then after i helped it kill the spider, it said i still had to steal it, really after i saved it's life i still have to steal it.

Farkas sucks brah. I was wowed by the potential of his stupidity.
During my trial, I was sneaking along a corridor above a room filled with baddies and draugr.
Iv'e done that quest before many times and knew that I could get a couple sneak attacks in the upcoming room.
I was creeping along the next room, killing the draugr in their sleep.
Just as I was creeping around the corner, all 6 of the baddies charged over and sword-raped the draugr!
As I said, I've played it before so I knew I was only supposed to face them a few at a time, but Farkas managed to make enough noise to get every one of the baddies to my position!
So I cast calm and got two to chill out, Farkas was beaten into submission by two others, and the nnext pair came for me.
I tried to keep the weaker of the two between me and his superior.
I ducked under his blade and cut open his stomach, but my shoulder met the other bad guys greatsword on the way up.
After staggering him with my shout, I wailed away at him with my axe, but didn't kill him.
As one of the ne'er-do-wells that were owning Farkas came for me, the calm spell wore off.
I killed the first two in a series of three slashes, while trying to keep away from the biggest one, who had previously wounded me. Finally Farkas got up and contributed to the fight, helping me kill the last three..

(I call them baddies because, idk, it might be a spoiler or something)

edit: Oh yeah, then Farkas started rolling around...so he obviously can be sneaky and just wanted me to die.

arrow2theknee

My first 'wow' moment and scared as s**t moment was when i stumbled across the Labrynthian or something, went bowling down there thinking nothing of it only to be confronted by two 'frost trolls' i was something stupid like lvl 3 at the time, I had a damn hard time killing those mofos,, used about 20 healing potions, but ever since ive hated those frickking things, saw one on the 7000 steps to the greybeards too....scarred for life.

PS. Still playing through the game and only a lvl12 breton now, but WOW just fantastic

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
Honestly didn't think I would be having any more WOW moments, but then I did last night.

SPOILER ALERT

Was with the Stormcloaks taking over Whiterun and having that many people shooting at me all at one from all over the place was fantastic! It was so cool that next time I get to a place where I am about to take over another town I am goin to save it as a file just to play for fun! If you haven't done the civil war thread yet, I would say do it!!

iamFaded

yeahh the stormcloaks are basically racists. but the imperials are well, imperials. and they wanted to chop your head off. so i chose stormcloaks my first game, ill probably try out the imperials side this time.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
yeahh the stormcloaks are basically racists. but the imperials are well, imperials. and they wanted to chop your head off. so i chose stormcloaks my first game, ill probably try out the imperials side this time.

How interesting yuou bring that up (head chop) as this was what I told myself this a.m. to keep from starting over and heading the other way. Still think I am going to though, the SC just seem wrong in their thought processes to me. (Hope to hell I don't jump sides and find the same thing on the other side in a different form!)

iamFaded

you cann kill them both, ulfric and tullious. along with every single gaurd. that could maybe work haha. have a truly free skyrim. probably have a giant bounty, but there'd be no gaurds to stop you.

Lockpick

My wow moment hmmm. Well I have two or three but 1 really sticks out.....Marcuiro my follower (aside from being a cocky weirdo) he decided to throw my horse a good 30 feet into the side of a mountain. I turn around after a little battle and see Marc go full blown on my horse. Not only did it fly across the screen, it had been shocked, and made the funniest noise ive ever heard! I didn't want to reload cause horses are easy to get, but needless to say I slashed Marcuiro a good one for being a dummy. You guys really should have seen this. "silence......turn around......Marcuiro!?!?!?.......notttt horse noooooooooooo!.........me: are you serious?"

HuskyGeek

Spoiler:
I used my Dragonrend power to pull a dragon down to the ground but he crash landed and left a skid mark and crater. Awesome!
2012-01-24_00003.jpg

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
A few hours ago I came on here to type the first story up. Didn't happen and I ended up going back to Skyrim. Then I had an incredible battle.

First off, I traveled to a location in Skyrim on foot and got attacked by a dragon. While I was trying to aim a Dragonrend shout at it, I noticed a black spot in the sky. Okay, wtf, whatever, I'm gonna focus on the dragon.

A minute or two later, I drag it down to the ground for a few final strikes from my Dragonbane. As soon as I've felled it, absorbed its soul, and looted its body, I carry on my way. Then I notice on the corner of the screen and aurora and look up; I just have to look at those beautiful things. Then I notice the black spot again.

It's a solar eclipse!

I've never seen such small details such as that in a game. And the next night, a sliver of the moon was peaking out of the eclipse area. Very cool.

Now the second thing, the most epic battle I've had yet. I'm on the mission to steal Frost from the rich family of Riften. So, I go to the place, kill and loot all the mercenaries, and got the objectives taken care of. Head out and steal Frost, then go to the nearby mine to collect some items I dropped off there. As soon as I dismount Frost I think I hear a wing flap. I'm not certain, so I head on over to the sack with my items and collect them. Go back open to Frost and hear the dragon roar. 'Gods, not now...!'

I stood there for a few moments and watched it circle, then noticed it was an Elder Dragon, the second one I've encountered outside of Alduin's castle thing. I also noticed it was heading to the objective arrow pointing towards Lucius Somethingorother. Now I'm a little concerned.

I leave Frost by the entrance to the mine and chase the dragon-- clearly it's going to interfere with my current mission. I hit it with a few dwarven arrows and the first word of Dragonrend. The dragon lands somewhat nearby, but not close enough. While I tried to get close to it, Lucius started attacking me. WTF?

Well, anyway, I turned around to watch the dragon strafe me from above and saw Frost trotting on by. I know he's not going home, so I go to give him some Healing Hands work after I notice him attacking Lucius. Frost is doing great, much better than the horse I got from Whiterun, so I'm not worried. I turned around and gave Lucius and Frost some space so the dragon would hopefully focus on me-- those Elders are nasty buggers.

The dragon has to leave the immediate area to land, so clearly that's not going to work. I've also gone through two Potions of Vigorous Healing. Time for some help. I turned around, changed my selected Shout, and called Odahviing; I need some real muscle for this. I look down from the sky after calling and am greeted by a Frostbite spider's fangs. Damn bugger is not worth my time with an elder dragon in the area.

Whilst ignoring the spider nipping at my ankles, I focused on putting arrows into the elder dragon whenever I could. Soon enough, here comes the red with blue dragon I called. I watched the two focus on each other for a few moments, then Odahviing nearly landed on top of me. Then I saw him Yol Toor Shul the frostbite spider to death. Then Odahviing took to the skies again and managed to force the elder dragon to land due to its health going down. Lucky for me, it lands in the immediate area. Frost is still attacking Lucius, to my knowledge.

I plant an arrow in the dragon's face, then pull out my trusty Chillrend and Dragonbane, both upgraded to Epic status (roughly 45 points damage each), and move to its side and slice at its wing. Just one strike away from felling it, I see Frost's ass on the side of my screen fall down.

So, not the best ending, but it was definitely my craziest battle yet at level 39.

Those moments when you're standing somewhere extremely high up, it's nighttime, and you just look around in awe of the stars and the aurora and the moon. Kinda lame but, hey, it happens...

On nights when it's clear, I often find myself doing this.

Jeff31

Premium Member
Blackreach! It's so amazing!

Yes blackreach is the koolist thing in the game, it is so ridiculous in it's magnitude of size!
I think I explored most of blackreach when I was there but more than likey I missed alot of good loot and weapons. Another magical place is songarurd were you kill adluin, now thats a place I want to live!

Kuurus

That's exactly why I chose the Stormcloaks.

iamFaded

blackreach is awesome ! i was in total awe when i first got there. i had to come back later and i spent a good 2 hours trying to see it all. im still not sure ive discovered the whole place yet

1970Stang

defiantly the first time a killed dragon in whiterun and i absorbed its soul. it was so awesome when it first happened i had no idea what was happening, and tehn people were like, omg your dragon born, dont hurt me, and it made me feel like i was actually my character in skyrim.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts