• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Wildroses

I was in the marsh area near Solitude. There was a small slope nearby. Suddenly, a dead frostbite spider came sailing over it and falls down the hill. As I'm looting the venom, a second dead spider sails over and obeys gravity in a shower of sparks. Mightly curious, I walk up the rise, having a third dead spider roll past like a tumbleweed.

I see a retreating Storm Atronauch, but the mystery of the dead spiders is now the mystery of the Atronauch. Where did it come from? Why isn't it attacking me? So I take to steps to it, then suddenly a Thalmor patrol comes charging up and attacks me.

Mystery solved, but I'm too busy fighting for my life in a dead is dead playstyle to appreciate it. Once they were all dead, I was thinking that was all pretty wow.

kyleekay

1) When I realized how hard Lydia will actually work to protect me. A few days ago I got bored, and decided I'd try to pickpocket the Mage at Dragonsreach while he was sleeping. Sure enough he woke up instantly, and guards came running in. None of them attacked ME because Lydia was already busy beating the plops out of them for even considering that I might be in the wrong. Lydia. Beating the plops out of Whiterun guards. IN DRAGONSREACH.

That made me <3 Lydia quite a bit more.

2) Using the Slow Time shout for the first time. I've only got the first word of it, but holy crap, that was pretty awesome. It was like Tally-Wa was in The Matrix.

it's been a long time, but my greatest wow moment was when I first left the tutorial cave. pure amazement:Dragonborn:

Anchor8

I was doing the "No One Escapes Cidnha Mine", and decided to kill all the forsworn. I beat down Borkul the Beast, snuck up behind Madanach and tried an unarmed attack. It was the one where you flip a guy over your back, I snapped Madanach's spine over the trunk in his room. The Cutscene looked freakin sweet.

Anchor8

I saw a little old woman living in a shack in the forest, she seemed lovely and then i notice she had a jewled dagger clipped on to her belt, and i thought to myself...seems a bit too much ornate for a little old shack woman. I then proceeded to just hang around untill she left the house to tend her veggie patch...I snooped a round and amongst her ramshackled abode i found a trap door hidden leading underground! She had an alchemy table, and an enchanting table, all kinds of ingrediants and soul gems, and had letter on her table to her sister whom she was encouraging to leave town come live with her, and form a coven so that they can attain "power un-imaginable"

I think its just awsome that in this game shiznit klike that happens!

When i left her basement she was waiing for me! she said now that knew her secrete, i had to die! needless to say that forest is now has one less witch in it lol

I remember that, freaked me out, but we should have guessed that an old woman living alone in the pine forest had something cooking.

jaredb

Blackreach.........I walked to the top of a snow covered mountain, found an ancient dead clockwork city, took a lift down, down, down & stepped out into another planet filled with Giant, Crystallized, Luminescent Fungi, Glowing, Sapphire Blue Waterfalls, Titanic & Ancient Bronze Guardians & Rabid Cave Savages.....

Good tiimes, good times

MrDSL

I would have to say my wow moment was when I was fighting a Dragon and I had him almost dead and hit him with a fireball as he was trying to fly around me. Hit him dead on and he had no health.

Was looking around for him and all the sudden he flys right above my head and crash lands with a big thud right in front of me.

Was pretty awesome.

Wildroses

I just had the most epic fight. It lasted half an hour. I was walking home in the dark to where my household and family were safely sleeping in Lakeview Manor. It all started when I spotted a Vigilant of Stendarr casting the blue alteration magic spell on herself. I thought: "Oh she is fighting an Atronauch, I need Fire Salts so I will give her a hand." I get over there and it's two pit wolves and an ancient vampire. On master. On a dead is dead playthrough.

The vampire just wouldn't die (in fact, I seriously wonder if there were two). We kept running back and forth around and in the lake. At one point we all accidentally went too deep and all stopped fighting. When the vampire tried to turn itself invisible towards the end I could see the pattern of the water where she was. In it all we stumbled across two hunter camps. Both hunters and the Vigilant fell in battle and were bought back by the vampire to cause me instant problems. A frostbite spider and another wolf decided to join in. I swear, I levelled up my archery and one handed twice each in that fight. She just wouldn't die. But neither would I. I knew there was a reason I lugged 100 or so health and stamina potions everywhere with me. I think I went through three quarters of them. So don't regret putting all those perks into alchemy and investing in alchemy enhancing equipment. Only that and Lydia helped me survive. And I'm sure at the back of her mind in that fight she was thinking: "Divines help me, my daughters are asleep not far from here."

As a plus, I think my character just got the motivation to join the Dawnguard, despite the fact there is nothing in it for her (she's a greedy little spendthrift).

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
it was about 11:30 at night or so in Whiterun when I was heading to Dragonsreach to inform the Jarl there that Stormcloak forces will be marching on his city. Of course when I get there, the atmosphere of the keep clearly indicates that everyone's well aware of this. As I walk upstairs, I hear the Jarl bickering with the head of the Imperial forces--apparently the attack is happening RIGHT NOW. I quickly speak my commanding officer, who barks orders at me to get the hell down to the front lines and hold them. I'm freaking out with addrenaline as I'm running through Dragonsreach, frantically looking for Lydia--nowhere to be seen! There's no time, gotta get to the front line! I run through the city, and almost half of it is on fire. Catapults are outside the walls, and the townsfolks are running past me! Holy plops! As I get to the front gate, who do I see standing there? Lydia! it was like something out of a movie, it worked out so perfectly! I ran up to her and screamed, "C'mon, Lydia!" We drew swords and prepared for the Stormcloak onslaught...

I usually leave Lydia in Dragonsreach unless I have something that concerns the folk of that hold. I try to leave Lydia behind on Imperial stuff because she's not an Imperial soldier, you see. i think she might be persuaded to join right after I make her some Imperial armor...

Shyrith

Ebonhawk
I've done the Mages College questline numerous times. 20+ at least.

SPOILER for Mages College. Stop reading if you've not done it yet. Going to be as cryptic as I can, but still. So, after a certain Breton who's first name starts with "M", dies, I'm running around the college and buying soul gems to level enchanting. I bump into Drevis Neloren and for the first time ever, I hear him talk about that Breton. Saying something along the lines of "Have you seen her lately? I mean, I know she died, but I just thought, maybe..."

I wonder if it has anything to do with that character of mine being a necromancer.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
When you realise you probably logged more forum time than skyrim time.

Wow moment would of been in Dragonborn when that came out, was those ash zombie like things that ambushed me. I nearly squealed.

Mannulus

Article Writer
My moment was being a bit south of Karthspire, standing in a hill of tall grass, surrounded by snow peaked mountains and the gentle wind blowing.

Ksncalver

Its great to see with all the problems this game has had or has so many wow moments.

My main one was entering the world after escaping the dragon. Just looking around was wow.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
My 'Wow' moment was probably when I encountered my first Dragon Priest , Krosis.

Here's the story of how it happened:
After I get out of Irkngthand (The dwarven ruin which is related to the Thieves Guild quest) , I decided to explore the mountains where it was situated. So as I climb the snow , I find the Dragon icon in my bar. I sneak attack this Dragon with my bow and flies over me all the time , breathing fire. So when I lands I quickly kill him with my Ebony sword before he can take off. After he dies , I reach the word walls and then up springs Krosis. That time I was like WHAT THE HECK ??? Lol , that was a funny one :))).

My 'Wow' moment was probably when I encountered my first Dragon Priest , Krosis.

Here's the story of how it happened:
After I get out of Irkngthand (The dwarven ruin which is related to the Thieves Guild quest) , I decided to explore the mountains where it was situated. So as I climb the snow , I find the Dragon icon in my bar. I sneak attack this Dragon with my bow and flies over me all the time , breathing fire. So when I lands I quickly kill him with my Ebony sword before he can take off. After he dies , I reach the word walls and then up springs Krosis. That time I was like WHAT THE HECK ??? Lol , that was a funny one :))).
i did nearly the exact same thing :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts