• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Luthiel

Harbinger
Well I've already posted a few "wow" moments but just recently I was doing an Animal Extermination quest for Aela. So I was doing the quest, just a bear. No sweat. But when I went to go swing at the grizzly, he sorta dodged it and flew to the second story of the house. Defiantly was interesting.

Torok

So I just killed two witches and a Horker. I'm wearing little armor, just some leather boots and leather bracers. A freaking mudcrab kills me in TWO shots! What in Oblivion just happen?

Mubcrabs, they'll kill you when everything else can't.

I fought a dragon with that amount of armor on...

Benthos

Proud Mer
I killed a dragon at the entrance of Dawnstar, just to see another one fly in shortly after open conflict. So now there's 2 dead dragons outside of Dawnstar.
485028_532317326796876_1713338791_n.jpg

Saozig

Hippy
I killed a dragon at the entrance of Dawnstar, just to see another one fly in shortly after open conflict. So now there's 2 dead dragons outside of Dawnstar.

With my Redguard character, the first time she went to Marthol, two blood dragons attacked. It was crazy. They both landed by the sawmill once their health got low so there was a cool pile-up of dragon skeletons there. Sadly, three NPCs were killed, including Lami and Benthor.

One wow thing about Skyim that I'm sure others have said is, despite all the criticism Bethesda gets for the problems with their Creation Engine, I love the variable weather, especially the rain. Things like lightening and rain patterns in pools make it so much more an experience.

Torok

I just found out the hard way that I must be careful where I aim when I feed (I'm a vampire.) my Argonian just fed from 2 men's... Uh... Areas...I really wasn't aiming for that... Trust me, I try to keep as far away from there as possible.

Idk why Skyrim always has to get x rated when I'm playing. Well close to that if nothing more.
I try to be as modest as possible when playing...

Now I've got a vamp Argonian that's possibly gay... Or he's just trying to make his male victims suffer more before they die.

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
I was just wandering around Skyrim deciding whether I should start up a new character to do the alternative choices to my current character when I realised that there was a footpath going up the side of a mountain that I'd missed, and up there I found Angi and her archery training, and a treasure map. After a pleasant visit, a chat and a bit of practice (that's archery practice) I left and realised there was another path branching off. Expecting to get a "You can't go that way" message I went to look anyway and there's a keep with much killing of vampires to be done. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, Skyrim surprises me again !

first dragon and first legandary dragons where definitely wow moments

Benthos

Proud Mer
Alright, I was talking with Mirabelle at the Winterhold College and while she's telling me where to find the Augur of Dunlain, an Ancient Dragon comes down off screen and all I know about it is the controller starts to vibrate, she's still telling me vital information I can't get out of and then this close up of a dragon wing and open mouth is all I see right next to her as it shouts at me. Then starts to bite me repeatedly, she FINALLY finishes talking when I'm almost dead and she helps me slay the dang thing, I used up my entire inventory of healing items (food and potions included) just so I wouldn't die and have to start the part all over. Here's a picture to prove it:
15070_535055353189740_1070505217_n.jpg

I don't know whether to say it was smart or dumb to attack me here, smart because he picked the perfect time to strike but dumb because I had other mages in the area. Right when he died, other mages were coming out of the building so even if the battle kept going, he had more enemies to fight.

Wildroses

I'd have believed you without the picture, Benthos. Something similar happened to me back when I was doing my first playthrough. I was out in the wilderness and came across Deep-in-his-Cups for the first time. Right as he began talking a sabrecat attacked, and discovered after some fruitless keyboard hammering I could do nothing but listen to him. So he burbled on all about breaking into the bandit camp, getting the stupid hat, and demanding the ten thousand gold I promised while my character was screaming in agony and being mauled. By the time he'd finished speaking that druggie Argonian finally noticed the sabrecat prancing around and my rapidly ebbing life. Before I could take a dialogue option he ended the conversation and killed the stupid cat for me. But then he wouldn't restart the conversation! All he'd say was "Need something" and "Hmm?" I felt like screaming in agony. That conversation had such potential for humour, I'd been really interested in where it was going, and the bloody sabrecat made me lose it!

And on a totally wow moment. When staying at the Bannered Mare's upstairs room I tend to not go down the ladder, I prefer to instead go to the alcove and jump over the railings. It's a bit quicker, and followers don't get in your way. Today I managed, for the first time ever, to land on the benches next to the fire pit. While I was going wow, a nearby child said sadly: "I'm not allowed to stand on the furniture," causing me to go 'wow' again. I'd never heard a child say that before, despite jumping on the furniture an awful lot.

Benthos

Proud Mer
I'd have believed you without the picture, Benthos. Something similar happened to me back when I was doing my first playthrough. I was out in the wilderness and came across Deep-in-his-Cups for the first time. Right as he began talking a sabrecat attacked, and discovered after some fruitless keyboard hammering I could do nothing but listen to him. So he burbled on all about breaking into the bandit camp, getting the stupid hat, and demanding the ten thousand gold I promised while my character was screaming in agony and being mauled. By the time he'd finished speaking that druggie Argonian finally noticed the sabrecat prancing around and my rapidly ebbing life. Before I could take a dialogue option he ended the conversation and killed the stupid cat for me. But then he wouldn't restart the conversation! All he'd say was "Need something" and "Hmm?" I felt like screaming in agony. That conversation had such potential for humour, I'd been really interested in where it was going, and the bloody sabrecat made me lose it!

And on a totally wow moment. When staying at the Bannered Mare's upstairs room I tend to not go down the ladder, I prefer to instead go to the alcove and jump over the railings. It's a bit quicker, and followers don't get in your way. Today I managed, for the first time ever, to land on the benches next to the fire pit. While I was going wow, a nearby child said sadly: "I'm not allowed to stand on the furniture," causing me to go 'wow' again. I'd never heard a child say that before, despite jumping on the furniture an awful lot.
I would jump up and down on the beds regardless if they were empty or not, sometimes they would just go straight to sleep while the others would tell me "You're not supposed to be here", I found this weird bit where if you jump a certain amount of times then try to jump off but into your follower while they're next to furniture and the bed, sometimes it makes you hover, gotta have it in 3rd person as well. I would hover all over the bedroom with my arms moving in the falling animation, so it looks like I'm Criss Angel or something.

Another ruined moment would be when a dragon randomly spawns at Dragon Bridge and you're supposed to follow and kill Maro in a bigger city than Dragon Bridge for the full reward, because of the fact the dragon showed up during dialogue, they sometimes don't continue the dialogue and roam around like nothing is supposed to happen. Sometimes you can fix it while other times you have to reload.

Joel G.

I had some mini-wow moments when I did my first fireball destruction spell, used my first staff, and obviously all of the beautiful mountain views.

However my favorite wow moment was the first time I used the weather control shout. Seeing a clear day become a cloudy sky with realistic sounding and looking rain pouring down and lightning crushing my enemies in seconds was a beautiful sight to behold. A lot of other games have done weather effect type attacks, but Skyrim did it right!

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
A small one, but...

Apparently reporting to Aventus that you've killed Grelod the Kind counts as "assisting the people of Eastmarch" for the purpose of becoming Thane. I just found this out today.

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
my first "wow" moment was when i entered a dwemer ruin for the first time, slaying a dragon for the first time was pretty awsome but not breath taking like splunking into a dwemer ruin, and even now on my 4th play through, exploring dwemer ruins is still exciting...andother wow moment was when i found an old cabin in the middle of the woods and had to pick the lock and no one was home, no one lives there but after investigating furth i found a secret passage that led from the cabin to the cellar to an underground cavern where there were bandits....i have searched for it again but seeing how i deleted my first character i can not find it again if some one knows of the cabin im talking abot please inbox me, i wld love to explore it again!

Not really a positive "Omg really" one but I was moving stuff around from my room in winterhold college to my house in whiterun and a dragon kept attacking me as I tried leaving both towns. After getting my ass handed to me a few times each (since I was not properly equipped) I just ran until a couple Giants ran up and started smacking the dragon around lol.

Benthos

Proud Mer
Not really a positive "Omg really" one but I was moving stuff around from my room in winterhold college to my house in whiterun and a dragon kept attacking me as I tried leaving both towns. After getting my ass handed to me a few times each (since I was not properly equipped) I just ran until a couple Giants ran up and started smacking the dragon around lol.
I like to do that too, the first dragon we encounter and take out with Whiterun's guards happens to be very close to a giant camp so I like to harass the giants before the guards get to the tower so I can lure them to the group as the dragon fights both the guards and the giants/mammoths and vice versa.

Edit: 2nd time already, just happened now, 2 Elder dragons jump me at the entrance of Dawnstar.

berzum

I've come across a few elder dragons but I'm lvl 37 non magic and I play on master mode. They are a little annoying but not as annoying as the frost dragons cos I have 0% resist frost. once i get my enchanting up though I should not have a problem, still looking for an item that grants magic resist ( I have frost,fire and shock).

DurableDiction

Paladin of the Old Order
I remember when Serana picked up that snow elf like a ragdoll. Totally unexpected. I was like "Holy sheet! Dat beech cray!"

Benthos

Proud Mer
189874_536371249724817_1806859379_n.jpg

I was jumped by a blood dragon and a frost dragon, both died right at the same spot.

Also, when I was exploring Rannveig's Fast, I got the word on the wall for Kyne's Peace, fell through the trap door and as the guy was mono-logging, I broke out of the cell very quickly, he only got a couple of sentences out after his initial laughter, his only reaction: Stop mid-sentence and go WHA?! Then I killed him.

Also, I saved in my Solitude home, started it up the next day and here's what I find, those things are alive, I swear!
30978_535478916480717_1733472647_n.jpg

berzum

just had a small wow moment lol i was outside dragonreach in white run and a guard was swimming in moat and he swam right through the wall to the guy babbling about talos...swimming in mid air then he fell and started walking around town...kinda wierd cos im playing on the 360 and i have no mods b/c my xbox isn't modded yet.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts