• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sothiss

So far my "Wow" moments were:
When Farkas turned into a werewolf. My train of thought during that was pretty hilarious, because first I was worried about all the guys who surrounded him, while I was locked away. I had pulled out my bow and arrow and god forbid, I was going to shoot them through the bars if need be, and then... he became a werewolf, and killed them all, and suddenly I was more concerned with staying in the cell than getting out.
When I passed out, and awakened to find that I had fondled a statue of Dibella, among other things. God that quest was fun.
When I met Paarthurnax. To avoid spoilers, let's just say he is not what I was expecting.

jackmikeMon

I have had countless 'wow' moments in this game, far too many to specifically recount. However, I happen to have had one last night as I was playing just before I went to bed.
It was experienced during the side quest The Man Who Cried Wolf, received Solitude inside the Blue Palace, where you are instructed to clear out Wolfskull Cave.

The moment I entered this cave reminded me of one of the main things I love about Skyrim so much - the atmosphere.

I play with this game with my TurtleBeach headphones on with the volume and bass cranked up to a satisfying level, and the combination of quiet, spooky, yet modest music along with the trickling of water leaking into the cave, amongst other subtle sound effects, is mindblowing - I find myself completely lost in the moment.

And it is indeed the subtlety of Skyrim which really shines. There are multiple times where I observe something, and feel obliged to simply stop and savour the beauty of this game, even if it is something really trivial like the visually pretty lighting of a torch inside a gloomy cave; the crisp textures of stone and foilage that cover the landscape; or the neatly impressive way in which a corpse will float gently on top of the water, even inside a dungeon.

Some of these 'wow' experiences are what were brought back to me inside Wolfskull Cave. I believe the layout and structure of this particular interior played a part in this. Speaking of which, I am forever appreciative of the amount of attention to detail in Skyrim - the fact that each and every dungeon is structurally unique, specifically crafted in it's own right, is something that fascinates me about the work of Bethesda. The anticipation of not knowing what lies ahead in a dungeon/cave which I have not yet explored is just one aspect of flamboyance which no other game to date (IMO) manages to pull off as good as Skyrim.

I could go on, and on, and on...

Torok

I was on my way to kill this dragon, I walk through the woods and I stumble upon these Imperials fighting these Stormcloaks. I was too late to save any Imperial soldiers, but I slaughtered the rest of the Stormcloaks. After I was done avenging the Imperials (As well as looting everyone) I look around for Torvar, I couldn't find him, I had feared the worst, I started looking for his body. After I couldn't find it I walked around looking for him, I couldn't find him, I waited like 24 in game hours for him, he never came back. I walk around looking for him, I see a bear, I try to kill the bear, the game freezes...

nolollygagging

Archabald The Khajiit
I just reached Eldergleam Sanctuary last night to get the tree sap or Kynareth Temple..By the nine....It was such a breathtaking moment to get the place registered in my head..It's really beautiful..the small hole on the cave's dome gives a peek at the starry sky outside..a small stream that runs along..the big pink tree..the lights on the green grass...ok im getting emotional now hahahah! But really, is it just me who finds the place so sooooo amazing?

EternalShadow94

My "wow" moment was after facing multiple dragons throughout the game and owning them i kill a skeleton then turn to walk away and run into a daedra who proceeds to kill me in one hit. it was crazy

Torok

When I was supposed to kill this dragon, Torvar was laying on the ground on fire almost dead, I had healing hands in one hand, but I didn't know I had a fist in the other... I punched Torvar and killed him... That was so not what I wanted to do... I reloaded and now I'm gonna try to kill the dragon while Torvar stays in a nice safe cave.

calibruno

there's a ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ inside your stomach
I had a lot of "wow" moments while playing the game,Skyrim is seriously the best game I ever played.I will never forget going to Sovngarde to defeat Alduin or going to Blackreach for the first time.And when the Night Mother spoke to me for the first time...Pretty standard "wow" moments,but these are the ones I remember best.

JClarke1953

Mine are when my Mage casts a Firebolt or Ice Spear, goes into slow-mo on my Flatscreen, and I watch as what my char casts decimate the enemy!

FarmGirl

Work is really cutting into my gaming time.
That does sound epic, Bobby.

I just had an epic wow last night while battling a dragon... they're finally getting more difficult to kill! I was traveling with Lydia on my horse across land when it struck out of the sky, but we heard it scream first! Lydia tried attacking the beast, of course, but so did the horse! This dragon was a smart one, yeah, and he didn't land until the tail end of the fight - me and my arrows and voice drove him down! At the end though... Oh my goodness, I got to do the coolest finishing move. Thus far they've been very similar to Assassin's Creed games, relatively quick, 3rd person POV stabs. This one though, I jumped on the dragon's head and stabbed it through multiple times and I think slit it's throat before I got off. It was stupendous!

The horse survived. I think it needs a name now.

How about "Dovhequine"?

my_mind_007

The Guild Killer
There was two times in one session, I was walking to a quest rather than fast traveling because there was a lot of undiscovered terrain in the middle. I ended up finding a big ruin place filled with ghosts and inside the ruins I came across a dragon word wall and a huge chest. My heart filled with joy as I ran towards the sound of the Thu'um. Then suddenly 5 feet before i reached the chest I fell down a hole, an obvious trap I would've seen if i wasn't running. I ended up in a cage filled with deceased bandit corpses. I then heard someone named "Slid the Warlock" (something like that) start talking to me. I looked around and found him right outside the cage. He went blabbing on about how my greed led to my own demise while i was equipping dual handed fire bolts. He died shortly after of 4th degree burns. It took me forever to get out of the cage cause there were only two ways of escaping. The first was to just die and load your autosave, the second was to pick the door in the cage that was at expert level. I pick a lot of locks and I have picked master locks before but this one really bugged me for 2 minutes. After I got out, I discovered that the huge chest was actually empty but the word wall gave me I think "Disarm" or some calming shout that sooths wild animals.
The second was like 10 minutes after the last. I was wondering around a half kilometer west of Whiterun and I found a man on trail walking with a strangely decorated cow (decorated with paint). I went up to him as curiosity serves and he told me that he was going to a group of giants to make an offering so the giants won't kill all of his livestock. He said not to stick around but obviously nobody ever knows you are the best freaking dragonborn Skyrim ever offered so i sneaked closely behind him. I got up to a huge rock next to the giant camp to witness this happen and surely enough he just waltzed right on in. The cow died but not in the way he was hoping. The giants and the mammoths came after the man to kill him but I was like "NO. HE'S THE FIRST PERSON I'VE MET IN THE WILD WITHOUT A QUEST THAT I DIDN'T KILL. PLUS IF ANYONE'S GONNA KILL HIM IT SHOULD BE ME! I'M CURIOUS TO SEE WHAT WAS IN HIS INVENTORY!!!" So leaped like an epic boss to the floor, fus ro dah'd all the giants to the floor, used my chain lightning sticks to fry them up like cold KFC on a friday night, then pulled out my legendary wabbajack, and finally killed all three of the mammoths by turning them into rabits, turning them back into mammoths, and blowing them up in a fiery explosion. After it was all over I went to the rock the poor farmer was behind. I swore to god i saw him cowering in fear right behind this rock but he wasn't there no more. He obviously ran away but I was so curious as to find out what he had on him. Oh man these were some lively skyrim moments

lulu doll

iRaWr
My most recent moment had to be when I installed civil wars & was completely flabbergasted at all the npcs fighting each other, it really makes you feel that skyrim is in a state of turmoil & everyone's fighting for a piece of skyrim.

EX KingKobra

I would say when I first got the full version of Unrelenting force I went to this one cave (can't remember the name but it's somewhere near Riften. Anyway when I entered the cave I was testing it out for fun and like the 5th or 6th time I did it it caught a giant frostbite spider in the middle of it's little ambush and sent it flying over the ledge and killed it. Didn't mean to do it but it was pretty awesome nonetheless.

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
There have been many but 1 is Wow, I'm still playing a game almost 10 months after it was released.

Another is the most recent from last weekend, I play mostly in 1st person so riding a horse offers different than my preferred view. Wearing Nightingale armour and riding Shadowmere around dawn. The shadows and lighting were so good I rode in a circle for a while just to see both sunny side and shadowed side.

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
My first "wow" moments were when I discovered the killing animations. I tried a bunch of different weapons, but the sword and shield type kill animations are my favorite, not to mention it's the kind of weapons I prefer. I thought that was awesome.

My second wow moment was probably when I realized the Blades were in Skyrim... I pooped.

Melo

Perhaps not a wow moment but I nearly poohed myself laughing. I was jogging along the road to Riften, just minding my own business when, out of nowhere, a dead horse flew past me at 1000mph, cannoned off the side of a mountain and into a nearby river. There was nothing behind me for miles so it must have been a weird glitch.

I had to pause the game I was laughing so hard. :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts