• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

aaust12

Born In a Cornfield
My wow this game is awesome moment was when I first came out of the tutorial level and was greeted by one of the most beautiful video game landscapes I've ever seen, from that moment on I knew I was going to love this game.

My wow wtf was that moment was when I saw something hovering above the ground in the distance, after a little trek I realized it was a dragon frozen in the sky. I shot a few arrows at him and drained his health bar to zero but he still stayed up there frozen in a flying posistion. Man this is a fluffing buggy ass game but I still love it, lol!

Skyrimosity

My wow this game is awesome moment was when I first came out of the tutorial level and was greeted by one of the most beautiful video game landscapes I've ever seen, from that moment on I knew I was going to love this game.

My wow wtf was that moment was when I saw something hovering above the ground in the distance, after a little trek I realized it was a dragon frozen in the sky. I shot a few arrows at him and drained his health bar to zero but he still stayed up there frozen in a flying posistion. Man this is a f***ing buggy ass game but I still love it, lol!
Go to Riverwood. Kill the chicken. No questions asked, just do it.

Annageckos

I had a 'wow, what????' moment the other day. I like to turn things into zombies, so there tends to be a bunch of piles of ash along trails I use a lot. I was leaving Riverwood heading towards Whiterun and on the bridge right out side of Riverwood is a pile of ash. Sitting in the pile is a rabbit... It didn't move when I walked up to it. I thought nothing of it as I made my way past Whiterun on the road that goes past the bridge with the bandits. I passed a couple other ash piles, then a little farther is a row of ash. Sitting in each pile is either a rabbit or a goat, all in a row. Rabbit, goat, rabbit, goat, goat.... I was like 'What the hell'. Thinking about it now I think that the first rabbit was sitting in the ashes of a rabbit. And it is possible that the goats were sitting in goat ashes.

Probably when Paarthanaux talked to me o_O. Also the first time I saw Whiterun ( don't know why it just was so different than anything I had seen up to that point.

Kaine777999

Not my first wow moment, but my first speechless moment was when I got into Blackreach. I then proceeded to get lost (6 times) in the space of 25 minutes. Then spent another hour (or three) exploring it in great detail.

My first wtf.....? Moment was when I killed a Frost Dragon (that was at 100% health) with Fus Ro Dah just as it was landing. There was also another Elder Dragon hovering over getting ready to drop and attack as well. I am not completely sure how it happened, but it did. Have not been able to repeat that result again either.

Neriad13

Premium Member
I had this terrifying and yet, exhilarating experience in Skyrim last night. I was wandering around in circles near Riften, hopelessly lost, looking for Fort Dawnguard (I turn off quest markers when I play and tend to stop to explore whatever interesting thing I run into). Then I spied this trail of blood leading up a snowy hill. A shiver ran down my spine as my curiosity was piqued. I had to find out what was at the other end of the trail. I drew my bow and snuck up the hill, looking everywhere for signs of danger. The trail just kept going higher and higher. With every step and every new blood splatter, my conviction that it was going to be bad grew. Still, I could not turn around with such a tasty morsel of information nearly in my jaws. And then I look up to see a frost troll come charging down the hill at me. And I'm like "AHHHHHHHHHHHH! THAT'S SO MANY TIMES WORSE THAN I IMAGINED!" There was no time to get under cover and get a shot in before the attack fell upon me. I fought it with my sword for a time, attempting to poison it to death. But it healed fast and every swipe of its claws that connected with me took three quarters of my health. When I ran out of healing potions, I realized that I could not win this. When I had something like five hitpoints left, I succeeded in hitting the monster with a paralysis potion. It stiffened and fell at my feet, but I knew it would only stay that way for eight seconds. I turned tail and booked up the hill. There was a pile of bloody bones and old armor up there, under a tattered flag blowing in the icy wind. And in the center of it, there was a locked strongbox. I worked fast, picking the lock and looting its cache of gems. Then I dove off the hill as the troll came running behind me. I balanced on a thin ledge of the cliff-face, my vision blurring and turning red, the sound of my own heartbeat reverberating in my ears. I could hear the troll moving around just above me, relentlessly searching for me. I stood still, nervously waiting for my health to go back up, sure that the fall would kill me now if I wasn't careful. I was actually whispering "Hang on...hang on..." aloud. And then when I was feeling strong enough to move again, I gingerly slid down the cliff, reaching the bottom safely and going on my merry way. These are the stories that great games are made out of. :D

Not my first wow moment, but my first speechless moment was when I got into Blackreach. I then proceeded to get lost (6 times) in the space of 25 minutes. Then spent another hour (or three) exploring it in great detail.

My first wtf.....? Moment was when I killed a Frost Dragon (that was at 100% health) with Fus Ro Dah just as it was landing. There was also another Elder Dragon hovering over getting ready to drop and attack as well. I am not completely sure how it happened, but it did. Have not been able to repeat that result again either.

Oh yeah definatly blackreach. I got lost for like a hour. That was cool.

I was shocked when I realized that they have a calender

aaust12

Born In a Cornfield
Oh yeah definatly blackreach. I got lost for like a hour. That was cool.

Is that the place that's dark and blue and has the crimson nirnroot? If so that place is amazing. Definitely a wow moment.

Torok

After I killed a random Stormcloak near Riften I go back to Breezehome and Torvar, my husband, came downstairs and tried to blow me up with the staff of fireballs that I gave him. Marcurio killed him then... I was about to murder my own companion after that... No one hurts Tory and gets away with it... I reloaded a save and went to Breezehome without Marc, Torvar still tried to murder me, he got around 2 shots at me before I ran him through with my Daedric sword of fire. I felt so bad cause I loved Tory.
I found out that he was trying to kill me because I murdered that Stormcloak woman... Now I see which side Tory is on...
I then went out and did my time in jail like a good husband (I was a Khajiit male at the time.) And then I came back to Breezehome and Tory was saying he loved me.

Torok

I found those Alik'r warriors near Whiterun in the plains and they were talking to this redgaurd woman and harassing her (As always.) I slaughtered those men and I look at the woman... She's naked... She's walking around Skyrim naked!.... No wonder those men were harassing her.

ShaDoWzZ

Dark Lord of Skyrim
When I killed my first dragon at whiterun. I found my new life:Dragonborn:

Ebonyflesh

Three Dog
Probably when Paarthanaux talked to me o_O. Also the first time I saw Whiterun ( don't know why it just was so different than anything I had seen up to that point.

When I first got to that part of the Main Quest, I was shocked to see that Paarthanaux was a dragon. I thought he was going to be something like the Augr of Dunlain at the College.

MMZephyr

One of my wow moments was when I found a bee nest in the wild. For some reason that added so much depth. I had just fast traveled to some spot, and I turned and saw something in the dark. I shot it with an arrow and it fell, so I took a while to find it in the foliage. I was like... wow they have bees nests here? :D

Skyrim73

I had a "wow" moment when exploring Nordic ruins. I had Serana as a follower. I was walking through a caged bridge and on the other side was a Draugr Deathlord. I Shield Charged across the bridge and was about to ram the Draugr, but he used Unrelenting Force at the last second. I flew far enough back that I cleared Serana's head and landed back in the tunnel leading to the bridge. Sit down!! Fail.

ambiiientz

my wow moment is when the dragon flew over... no... its when i was in riften and... no... no wait its when...
crap!... i'm goin to play skyrim!