• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

theoduck

If persimmons approach, Khajiit will smell them.
Would you share your little "wow" or "omg really?" or "holy crud that was cool" moments with the rest of us? All those tiny things that go into making this a supremely amazing and deep game.

I had one just recently, something small that knocked my socks off. I was getting into a carriage, and the driver, as part of idle chat, appropriately referenced the weather. An NPC. Noticed the weather. And mentioned it. DUDE.

I know, dumb nothing, but things like that are startling and incredible because of the depth they add to the game.

How 'bout you?
A salmon run in Ivarstead. Salmon jumping out of the water up the rapids. Very nice touch.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
The first time I played Skyrim, I went Windhelm and talked to random people. When one said, "I was a soldier in the Stormcloak army until I took a sword through the chest"

Then a guard said, "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow through the knee."

I thought he actually did get an arrow in his knee but then I discovered Skyrim memes

The Twitchy Cat

Batman is shocked at your comment.
A wow moment for me is exploring the outskirts of Skyrim. Weird I know, but it's quiet and isolated. And there's some goodies if you look in the right places.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
Today, Serena reanimated a dead bunny.
I guess she wanted a pet.

theoduck

If persimmons approach, Khajiit will smell them.
Today, Serena reanimated a dead bunny.
I guess she wanted a pet.
I got attacked by a gang of 5 Draugr Deathlords, one of which I managed to turn into a bunny with the Wabbajack.

The other "wow" is that I actually survived.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
Just ran into the worst hired thugs in the history of the world.
One managed to get trapped in the Thieves Guild's "secret entrance", and they must have forgotten their target, because they weren't hostile at all. I blew them up with fire storm just for lawls, and after looting their bodies, I discovered something. They all had the contract on them, when usually just one of them has it.
They had three reminders, and still they didn't know there target! They must have spent the reward money too early... on skooma.

Rju'ka

starting my new main character as a dunmer Mage, from an Orc warrior, Heavy armor and two handed weapons. talk about starting a whole new game again. I got my ass handed to me. but then again that's why I started the new main, I wanted to be more strategic and be forced to "retreat and regroup" and also rememeber to be prepared with the right spells favorited for what i'm about to do, in the situation , as well as enough of the right potions. I just love the new battle system. Destruction dual casting with ice spike is fluffING EPIC with the new kill cams for ranged attacks. so awesome.

Inquisitor Saken

polan can into space?
I'd just beat the thalmor embassy quest, and fast travelled to Riverwood to hand it in. It was night, and I for some reason decided to whack a chicken. I then bumped into one of the civilians, who pulled out an iron dagger at me.. "oh dear, gotta run from guards again.."
But then suddenly the ground shakes, and not one, but TWO Blood Dragons fly overhead. In the middle of the night. While I was only just beating regular dragons. I was terrified.

I decided to just sit back and let the guards handle it - I didn't think I would be able to last very long. The fight went on for ages, and I eventually pulled out my bow and lent a hand. By the time they were both dead, it was sunrise, I felt so relieved... But then I walked back into Riverwood to find it littered with dead bodies. The first village I ever visited, and it was in this state. It broke my heart ): If only I had joined the fight sooner..

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
When I stood at the top of The Throat of The World and saw the view. Also when I realized how HUGE Skyrim's landscape is!

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
The saddest moment, was when an event much like Koifeesh's happened. A Dragon attack on Riverwood, only two people died, I could care less, but then I saw Stump the dog..... but he was not barking playfully at me. I am dead serious when I say I cried. I hate seeing dogs get hurt, even in games! Another WOW moment, I was at Snowhawk, then a dragon attacks, I was alone and I thought I would get PWNED! But after a long struggle, I pulled out victorious! All I did was hid in the entrance then go behind the wall when it shouted.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
The saddest moment, was when an event much like Koifeesh's happened. A Dragon attack on Riverwood, only two people died, I could care less, but then I saw Stump the dog..... but he was not barking playfully at me. I am dead serious when I say I cried. I hate seeing dogs get hurt, even in games! Another WOW moment, I was at Snowhawk, then a dragon attacks, I was alone and I thought I would get PWNED! But after a long struggle, I pulled out victorious! All I did was hid in the entrance then go behind the wall when it shouted.
Same with me, I was kinda like good friends with Alvor, but a dragon attacked and basically all the guards and Alvor died. When I saw Alvor dead I was like, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I went in full rage and used the most powerful magics on the dragon and killed it. Now his wife also mourns with me, everytime I talk to her, she says something like this, "Alvor and me, we a girl too...."

The funny thing about Alvors death was the moment he died, Jarl Balgruuf sent a courier with 100 gold :O

The Twitchy Cat

When I found Parthurnaax's skeleton in some random Stormcloak camp.

Archlegion

When I got Dawnguard a vampire killed the beggar in Whiterun then a courier came and gave me a letter of inheritance and it said Your friend beggar died and HE HAD 100 GOLD I thought he was a beggar but he is just like everyone else.

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
When the old duffer in the Dark Brotherhood told me about his bowel movements. That was a special moment.

The Twitchy Cat

Parthurnaax's skeleton followed me again, to where I fast traveled...

I was using my new Mage today and I got attacked by a Legendary Dragon. I just got the Disintegrate perk and when it got down to 20% health it turned into an ash pile. That was insanely surprising considering my lightning bolts were only taking approx 1% of his health per hit. Hilarious though, and I won't complain, that probably saved me a lot of time and possibly even from dying as well.

SHAZAM!

My "wow" moment.. When the Dark Brother Hood door spoke, "What is the music of life?" now that was awesome! &when my horse came out of the water.