• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
I killed a guard with a random shot that hit him in the knee.

afterburn1990

I think the most "wow" moment I've ever had in Skyrim involved a dragon attack just outside Whiterun, whilst I happened to be looting chests at a giant camp. Me and two giants proceeded to own this dragon massively. However, the giants then decided that our alliance was finished, and proceeded to smack me five hundred feet into the air when I was busy absorbing the soul!

toni-bologna

Mean Green Mortadella
Shorty after returning from Whiterun after killing my first dragon, I decided to head back to Riverwood. Upon arrival, a random dragon appeared. Once the dragon was finished, I walked around the village to see if anyone died from the unexpected attack... unfortunately the dog did. Poor Stump. :sadface:

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
The Thalmor just defended me against hired thugs. #NewFoundRespect

Arcane-Warrior

A true nord
The level cap is EXACTLY 81 and a HALF with all skills leveled up. From what i saw though you can upgrade 7-9 perk trees all the way.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
Well this happened not but a couple of minutes ago, but it just amazed me. I was doing this quest that fura bloodmouth gave me to kill a rebel master vampire or something and as i was fighting the enemies at where i was supposed to be. One of the vampires chopped off the head of my spectral assassin. I was like "my brain is full of fluff" because how can you chop a ghost's head off??

StellaLuna

I was attacking the group of Forsworn outside the Sky Haven temple with my two obligatory followers. Them being AI, they mucked up my stealth fairy quickly and soon the entire Forsworn camp was after our blood. Then suddenly, out of nowhere, a dragon attacked. It was utter chaos. :)

Successfully scaling the mountain to High Hrothgar... Then mentally slapping myself for not realizing there was an easier path through Ivarstead -_-

RTSullivan-DragonBorn

Premium Member
When I first discovered mammoth's. Which I actually have a video of
fast forward to 16:56

Haha it's funny watching these old videos from when Skyrim first came out. The whole time I was watching this I was thinking this guy must watch alot of Will Ferrell, then you said 'by the beard of Zeus' and confirmed it.

Asiaxfani

My first big "wow" moment was a kinda lame one, actually. Having finally (after many retries...) created a character I was fully happy with, I left Hadvar biting the dust and wandered of to the wilds. Skyrim being my first ES (or any open world adventure to that matter), I was completely overwhelmed with my freedom. As night fell, I found my way to Half-Moon Mill. It was the first real location I ever discovered in the game, and there was something so beautiful about that little mill beneath the starry sky. It was that moment I knew that this was a game I would play until my fingers bleed. To this day I can't help but smile everytime my path leads me to Half-Moon Mill.

One of my biggest moments was the first time I entered Markarth. It was a gray, misty day, and I had come a long way on foot from the majestic hills of the Reach. The city of stone. Oh, it took my breath away.

Also, many have talked about the Aurora Borealis, but I think they deserve yet another mention. Corgeous. Especially the red-ish ones are my favourite.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
My wow moments were, in order.

When I walked into Eldergleam Cavern and saw how beautiful a dungeon could be.

When I started getting a lot of assassination critical kill animations.

When I first got bow and firebolt kill animations.

When I entered the Ancestor Cave and Forgotten Vale in Dawnguard.

I also love the auroras.

Drayle88

The moment I knew that a bow was my best friend...

I was traveling from Dawnstar, heading to Solitude, when a dragon attacked. I did my usual fair of slicing dicing and spell casting. But then the dragon turned tail and ran. Freaking ran! With almost no health left! I chased after, but he kept flying, and out of frustration I notched an arrow and let her fly.

And watched as the dragon crumpled in mid air, in the distance.

I know pics or it didn't happen, but man... I never leave base without first upgrading my bow.

The Rook

Make a fine rug? I don't crochet.
2012-05-11_00010.jpg

Without a doubt, Blackreach. It took my breath away. I play on a big screen tv in a small room. It was remarkable, and it just got more and more so...a complex of buildings with an artificial sun?!?! Try using Storm Call here. Friggin' WOW. Got attacked by a dragon once when I left ALL my clothes topside in order to collect Falmer armor. Crazy!

RTSullivan-DragonBorn

Premium Member
Without a doubt, Blackreach. It took my breath away. I play on a big screen tv in a small room. It was remarkable, and it just got more and more so...a complex of buildings with an artificial sun?!?! Try using Storm Call here. Friggin' WOW. Got attacked by a dragon once when I left ALL my clothes topside in order to collect Falmer armor. Crazy!

Good shout, I had a similar reaction when I first entered Blackreach. I think the fact that it was night time when i first discovered it helped.

Savv

Official Falmer Hater
My very first "wow" moment was probably right in the beginning of the game in Riverwood. I was walking and it was almost night. If you looked up, the sky was kinda pretty. It sounds kinda lame, but oh well. My coolest was a few weeks ago when I was walking in the planes of Whiterun and I saw a giant fall off of the back of a flying dragon. It probably happens all the time to people, but hah, it happened to me:3

The Blasphemer

An Ancient Sign of Coming Storm
When I first discovered mammoth's. Which I actually have a video of
fast forward to 16:56
HAHA Awesome videos, best Skyrim commentaries I've seen so far! Subbed

Slidz

Unamused
This is more of a ''LOL!! Oh wait...'' moment.

Im casually exploring the gigantuan map of Skyrim when I come across a cave. I enter it and the top of the screen, I really thought it said ''Care Bear'' because of my crappy T.V. I was proven EXTREMELY wrong when a gigantic, hungry bear comes running at me without a Lydia to save me.

VKitKat

Most Commonly known as The Dragonborn
When I saw the guards chasing a little kid all around Riften when the kid was covering their head going "Go Away! Go away!"... Yeah, good times good times...

DAlward

Easy. The first time in the game where you fight a dragon. I played Oblivion religiously and there was nothing like that in there. I was honestly concerned with whether or not they could have pulled off the dragon as an enemy, let alone a character. But it worked, and it worked perfectly. The chills I got when I killed it and the music that plays while you absorb his soul had me immediately hooked.

theoduck

If persimmons approach, Khajiit will smell them.
***WOW includes material from UFO, Deadly Dragons and Warzones mods***

***"We" refers to myself and the three companions I currently travel outdoors with: Brelyna, Dekeethus & Jenassa***

Did my first serious exploration of The Reach with this new character and mods installed. Wow. After breaking out of Cidhna Mine and finding "The Lost Expedition," a Blackwing Dragon greeted us outside Kolskegger Mine. We got it down to 0 health in the air and it simply flew away. Later on, we got into it with an army of Afflicted. I would not have survived without the Hevnoraak mask -- so many angry projectile vomiters made an SDSU frat party look like Disneyland. During this epic fight I absorbed a dragon soul. Once I had time to look around, I found the dead Blackwing Dragon -- then I found it again near Druadach Redoubt. It had to be the same one because it was already looted from the first time.

Found it a third time at what was the most "military" battle I have ever faced in Skyrim. We were crossing a river, only to be met on the other side by about a dozen Forsworn on the bank. Big arrow fight across the water. The Forsworn kept about 8 on the bank and 4 in reserve out of range and were subbing like a basketball team; a wounded one would retreat/heal and a fresh one would step in. This was obviously going to go on until we were out of arrows, so I cast invisibility, readied a Flame Atronach and crossed downstream. I found a good sniper spot where I attempted to pick them off while they were busy with the mighty Brelyna. From my new vantage point behind enemy lines I got a full view of their heal/sub tactics in action. It took a long time, but we got them down to four, then I charged. Very bloody and very little loot. Kinda like the Russians in WWII.

I'm fully expecting them to hunt us all the way back to Markarth.

EDIT: Hah! The Dead Dragon showed up at Broken Tower Redoubt, which makes a total of 5 appearances on my little tour of The Reach (1 alive -- 1 dead with skin [absorbed his soul] -- 2 dead without skin and 2 dead with skin back on). For a dead dragon it sure gets around. I wish we could haul his carcass home and perch it on the roof of Breezehome or something. This is the first bug I have encountered playing with these mods and I'm at level 57. Pretty funny.

EDIT: I was right about being hunted. We "rescued" the Boethiah priest from Broken Tower, said hi to the Dead Dragon, then were met by a HUGE Forsworn hunting party as we attempted to cross the bridge back to Markarth. The battle easily lasted 30 real minutes and afterward I counted 18 Forsworn and 4 dogs. Multiply that by roughly 1.3 to account for the ones Berlyna turned into zombies and that makes 2 dozen Forsworn with 6 dogs. I LOVE me some Warzones!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts