• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ExplodingCatX

Premium Member
This is kind of, well, mainly a Skyrim story. It was extremely funny at the time.

My Skyrim loving friend and I went to a skyrim map in Halo (Got bored). So I was the dragonborn but I took over the college of winterhold. Anyways, the battle went on for 15 minutes and then I finnally jumped into winterhold and fought him there. We were both close up sniping at each other. All of a sudden I yelled "FUS RO DAH!" And he exploded! XD! What happened was when I yelled Fus Ro Dah, he pulled out a plasma grenade and I shot a sniper. My bullet hit his plasma grenade when I yelled Fus Ro Dah and he exploded!!!

Zigfried

Woot first post on these forums!

One of my biggest wow moments was when I was out exploring and came across a ruin I forget the name but this bandit woman comes running out with hostile bandits on her heals, she says something and dissapears as I'm dispatching the bandits. I go inside and start investigating what she said of course, I'm instantly intrigued by the journal bits i'm reading between dispatching bandits. I love the bits of story and lore scattered everywhere.

So I descend into the bowels and find some ancient forest deep undeground it was entrancing. Anyway I'm wandering gazing at the dark forest when the pale lady attacks me. I dispatch her and recover the pale blade noting that it seems very powerful. I turned to leave thinking ot let sleeping swords lie then decide it's too powerful to resist and snatch it back up as it's far more powerful than even my enchanted nord hero sword.

At this point I return to the surface reveling in the adventure and my loot but al lthe while wondering if taking the sword will have consequences later...

Alas a draugr lord in skuldofin robbed me of ever finding out, it disarmed me and I never found the sword on the floor.

Brofski

Wow. That is literally the only time I have ever heard of a successful low-level mammoth kill.

On my first play through, I managed to anger the 3 mammoths and 2 giants near whiterun, and have all 5 chasing after me. I couldn't kill 1 let alone 5 of them. I was about level 8. So, I run towards whiterun. A mammoth and a giant hung back and let the other three attack us. They wiped out the travelling khajits (who now, at level 61 are still missing from my game) after a while, so I loot one of them and get some decent weapons and arrows. The guy at the farm got merked too.

Eventually, me and the whiterun guards outside the city itself manage to overcome them. I couldn't resist angering the remaining giant and mammoth. Round two. Shooting arrows into them, using flames on them. The last of the whiterun guards get killed. I manage to kill the mammoth. So now it's me and the giant, 1v1. Unfortunately, at this point, I'm out of everything. I'm close to death. Magic and stamina drained. No arrows or nothing. But, the giant is close to death too. He pins me in a corner, misses a swipe with his club and readies another one. Next hit is going to kill me. Out of nowhere, a random horse from the stables runs over and hits the giant. So his attention switches. Just as he kills the horse, I get the fatal from behind.

I've had a LOT of fun on this game, but that won't be topped. A long, drawn out battle, around an hour long, which ended with me the sole survivor. All the whiterun guards, the khajits and a very brave horse all died for my cause. I might make a new account and try it again :D

Unknown Stranger

Skyrim Newbie
I'm going through my first playthrough of the game and the first thing so far that made me go 'wow' is the graphics, sooooo pretty :)

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Two new wow moments!

First: I was walking from Winterhold to Saarthal when I spotted what I believed to be a group of bandits approaching from the south. Then I noticed a second group coming in from the north. And then they started fighting each other. They weren't bandits after all; one group was Imperials, the other was Stormcloaks. I've never seen a chance encounter between them like that—I was totally blown away! (I am proud to report that the Stormcloaks won.)

Second: On a walk back to Windhelm, I cast a Fury spell at a passing goat to up my Illusion skill a little bit. Fifteen seconds later, I came across a couple of wolves, so I shot them with Fury as well, and ran off while they were distracted with the goat. But as I ran, I heard not the goat, but one of the wolves bite the dust. I turned around just in time to see the goat kill the second wolf. My jaw was on the floor for a good five minutes.

Annageckos

I was walking from Winterhold to Dawnstar last night and there was a two Vigilants of Stendarr and a nord woman going the same way as I was. The nord called me a 'milk drinker' so I tried to intimidate her. She wouldn't submit, and challenged me to fight. It didn't take much to bring her down. Then a little farther along a caravan of Khajiits showed up in time to help kill a snowy saber cat. The Khajiits took a different path then I was on so it was just me and the Vigilants again. Some minutes later I saw a group of five or six up ahead. Wanting to see who it was I ran up to them. Turns out it was bandit chiefs. All bandit chiefs. The Vigilants kicked ass, but one was killed. When the fighting stopped I looked around at the mayhem. Bodies and blood everywhere, then I saw the last bandit still alive, hiding behind a rock. I ran at him and he ran away yelling 'I submit! I submit!'. So I killed him too. All this happened in the middle of nowhere, late at night, in a snowstorm. It's also the first time I have ever come a cross a group of a bunch of bandit chiefs.

I had another "wow" moment today while playing for about four hours. I apologize beforehand, spoiler alert;

I've really started to get into the whole Dark Brotherhood thing after some time of letting the quests sit there. The first three contracts that the one guy (his names is escaping me, it starts with an N) gives you & you kill off these three relatively easy people in different holds, I thought that the kill shot cams (or whatever they are, the really cool fatal blow cams) for these three specific people were the best. I got decapitation all three times. I've never been that awesome in Skyrim before, haha.

Of course, right after that I got thumped by a Giant and joined the other members here in the Tamriel Space Program.:mad:

lorddeminos

This is one of my Favorite wow moment, through actually a funny one. In the middle of my second let's play recording, while I was fighting two bandits. One of them just fell with the most oddest face I have ever saw.
Just fell straight to the floor..wow. :p

Good moments guys!
~deminos

Pileggi

Here are mine:

1.When I was given my first proper kill contract by the DB (The one where you kill Allain Dufount or whatever his name is), I decided to to make the trek a the way to Markarth instead of simply fast traveling to make the game more interesting. I started off just running around stalking elk and then picking herbs. I then realised I'd be much faster if I sprinted in werewolf form. Spend the next half or so running around as a werewolf fully immersed in the game, killing any human I saw including a noble on a horse with an imperial guard.

I then stop running around as I get to the edge of a cliff with a huge lake right at the bottom. I could of simply climbed down the cliff slowly and safely but something in made me leap and pray I hit a deep part of the lake and not the shallow waters or the rocky edge at the bottom. Sure enough, I hit the water at terminal velocity and plunged deep into the lake (whilst still a werewofl). When I climbed out of the lake, I realised just how fluffing awesome the moment was and just how immersed I was. I genuinely felt like a wild animal that was part of the forest, leaping down a cliff confidently, it was fluffING awesome!

2.When I was exploring the land on horseback near Whiterun and encountered a stray mammoth. My character is an archer and I role play her as a hunter so shooting the mammoth continuously with arrows whilst I kite him on horseback was a dream come true. It really felt like I was slaying a massive beast as it took many arrows to kill and knowing that it was gona kick my ass if I didn't keep a safe distance from those hefty tusks.

I have hundreds of wow moments everytime I play this game.

Brofski

I hate this thread.

I usually browse this forum in work, and this thread more than all the others combined makes me want to call in sick the next day and spend the whole day sittng in front of Skyrim :sadface:

SonOfAkatosh

I had one of these moments earlier.

I was trekking around just exploring and trying to find new locations when I came across a black dog called Barbas sat staring at me. It then spoke and told me to follow him which I proceeded to do.

The 'wow' moment for me, was just walking through the lands of skyrim, in the middle of the night, following a talking dog.

Bit of a silly one but I just caught myself thinking, "this is so cool".

Zigfried

Last night's wow moment for me was pretty minor but I thought it was cool...

I was role playing Zigfried my nord warrior, he'd just returned from cleansing kilkreath temple and receiving dawnbreaker. Arriving in Solitute he checked into the winking skeever and changed into his city clothes (Ulfric's clothes :) they are so cool! ) He comes back downstairs and orders a mead and proceeds to get a little sauced. He proceeds to flirt with the bard and requests the song of the tongues and returns to his seat at the bar. One thing leads to the other and he starts dancing around and reminiscing of the battle with Alduin, being in a really good mood and rather durnk he lets loos with a fus rol dah at a blank wall but ends up hitting Lizette by accident. Guards come of course in his drunken state mouths off that he's connected with the thieves guild and tosses them 300+ septims and they leave.

Now all that would have been avoided if he'd just gone home to proudspire manner and his irritable wife Uthgart but this was more fun. Too bad the guards couldn't just go "okay time to sleep it off in jail 'hero' lol

So the wow moment comes the next morning when after hiring Belrand Zig is leaving solitude and a messenger arrives with a note from Jorn wanting to hire someone who isn't afraid to use force. Not sure if / when Zig will take him up on it but I was like Wow that was so cool!

Sen5esFail

1. climbing to the top of throat of the world AND looking down.:eek: (then finding the best spot to jump off):D
2. That moment when it feels like all of Skyrim revolves around you. :cowboy:

Sbutler

I just threw a cow with my vampiric grip.. I hadnt noticed until now that they actually get up like a real cow.. Knees then feet :) Pretty cool

Panshi

New kitten on the block
When I first saw giants and mammoths, strolling around their campfire. Big fat wow.

MattMilne94

My first wow moment in skyrim was within my first few hours of playing. I had seen a fox across the river and had never properly used a bow yet but managed to successful get the shot the first time, till this day that is probably my bets bow shot :)

Nightcrystal

My wow moments are silly really. The night sky always makes me go WOW!. I love the details in the moon and the sky is simply amazing when there is an aurora borealis happening that night.

Ivory

Let's Player
My most memorable wow moment was during my very first play through of the game. I had just started my journey to the greybeards when a dragon just fell from the sky in front of me and blasted me with fire. I fought it and with pure luck fired an arrow while it flew around and nailed it. All of a sudden my game freaked out and the dragon flew right at me and lagged like no tomorrow. Next thing I know the dragon crashed into the mountain and was stuck half way inside for a good few moments before crawling towards me again. Finished it off and stood in awe at the ground damaged by the crash landing.

Dovahkiin165

True Son of Skyrim
I would have to say my entire experience is a "wow" moment. The art direction was great and the amount of areas to explore is astonishing. Another "wow" moment of mine was when I killed a dragon using a battleaxe and there was a killcam showing me climbing on top of the dragon's head, jumping up and then striking him.

Raybow

Kahjiit kills racist
Clear sky shout. Aurora every day.:)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts