• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
^ That definitely sounds fun, and I've thought about doing it. First I plan on pissing off some guards to see how strong those guys are, then having another save file to screw around and slaughter whole towns and get the achievement/trophy for having a bounty of 1000 in each hold.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
Wow moments have been hard to come by since I have been playing for so long... thought I had seen it all and done even more. When the Elder Scroll showed me the secrets of the past, I was re-blown away!

Nyneve

Nyneve Atredies - Dunmer Murderess
I was at one of the hold palaces (I want to say Whiterun...) and i was running around. My husband made the comment that I tend to fall a lot so like a smart ass I jumped into one of the pools of water... and landed right infront of a floating skeleton! I literally screamed. Then spent thirty minutes trying to drag it from the water and watching it slide down the stairs only to try all over again. Finally I decided he must have wanted a water buriel so I dropped some lavender into the water and had a moment of silence. And took off to visit Onmund at my home.

Nyneve

Nyneve Atredies - Dunmer Murderess
Must add: I was returning the Skellington Key. I could not get past the guardians. Snuck in.... dead. Sneak attack! Dead... Full on assult! Dead. Finally I got so mad I wolfed out and one swipe killed the things. 45 minutes of hell and the solution was so simple. I felt like an idiot.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
I was at one of the hold palaces (I want to say Whiterun...) and i was running around. My husband made the comment that I tend to fall a lot so like a smart ass I jumped into one of the pools of water... and landed right infront of a floating skeleton! I literally screamed. Then spent thirty minutes trying to drag it from the water and watching it slide down the stairs only to try all over again. Finally I decided he must have wanted a water buriel so I dropped some lavender into the water and had a moment of silence. And took off to visit Onmund at my home.

I love this. I ran across a quest last night that involved a bunch of children being killed (not by me!) and I stood over them and said a few words. Then I took a Deathbell home in thier memory. Was suprisingly emotional.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
So last night I was in Draugar Deathlord HELL and I got a bright idea... Threw my voice about a foot in front of me and when the baddie came to inspect it I was still hidden so WHAM! One shot kill with the ole Daedric Mace. Was epic.

Kuurus

So far mine had to be my trip to Eldergleam Sanctuary. Just before arriving, I saw a dragon circling. At that point, I had only killed 2 dragons - both with the help of Whiterun guards. I didn't think much of it because it was my third dragon sighting on the trip and the previous 2 had been of the non-encounter, endless circling but never land variety. I was on fire before I even realized this one was going to be different.

I recovered from my initial shock, healed a bit and started attacking. Lydia and some guy who had asked to come along attacked it as well. (At least I think he attacked it although I can't say for sure what he did.) Anyway, the fight kept alternating between it landing and fighting, and sometimes taking off and breathing fire down. I would switch to healing whenever it took flight which seemed more productive than firing arrows. At one point I had just started to heal after it took to the air when I was suddenly on fire again. I could see the dragon clearly in front of me though and it hadn't recently breathed fire - that's when I turned around and saw the second dragon behind me. I was actually fighting two of them which is probably why the pace of the fight had seemed so hectic!

The entire fight took at least 5 minutes, maybe more, but at the end of it, I was standing between 2 dragon corpses a few feet apart. I turned to congratulate Lydia on a job well done, but she was nowhere to be found. Neither was the gentleman whose name I can't recall. I took a few steps to a rock that provided a higher vantage point to see where they might be and I located them both - lying dead behind that rock. I briefly considered reloading to my last save before the fight to return my Housecarl to life, but ultimately decided against it. She had died a "good death" in an epic fight, likely saving my life. I went home to Whiterun and closed the door to her room in our house and haven't opened it since.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
So far mine had to be my trip to Eldergleam Sanctuary. Just before arriving, I saw a dragon circling. At that point, I had only killed 2 dragons - both with the help of Whiterun guards. I didn't think much of it because it was my third dragon sighting on the trip and the previous 2 had been of the non-encounter, endless circling but never land variety. I was on fire before I even realized this one was going to be different.

I recovered from my initial shock, healed a bit and started attacking. Lydia and some guy who had asked to come along attacked it as well. (At least I think he attacked it although I can't say for sure what he did.) Anyway, the fight kept alternating between it landing and fighting, and sometimes taking off and breathing fire down. I would switch to healing whenever it took flight which seemed more productive than firing arrows. At one point I had just started to heal after it took to the air when I was suddenly on fire again. I could see the dragon clearly in front of me though and it hadn't recently breathed fire - that's when I turned around and saw the second dragon behind me. I was actually fighting two of them which is probably why the pace of the fight had seemed so hectic!

The entire fight took at least 5 minutes, maybe more, but at the end of it, I was standing between 2 dragon corpses a few feet apart. I turned to congratulate Lydia on a job well done, but she was nowhere to be found. Neither was the gentleman whose name I can't recall. I took a few steps to a rock that provided a higher vantage point to see where they might be and I located them both - lying dead behind that rock. I briefly considered reloading to my last save before the fight to return my Housecarl to life, but ultimately decided against it. She had died a "good death" in an epic fight, likely saving my life. I went home to Whiterun and closed the door to her room in our house and haven't opened it since.

Cheers to Lydia! Here Here!!

xXeBoNyXx

High Elf!!!!!! Level 71!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
got a few:

-first run from riverwood to whiterun was nice. i went down the river catching salmon and almost getting pwned by mudcrabs. i admit when i went up to the river i was like 'man i wonder if there will be fish' and then i saw them running upstream and jumping the rapids and it was awesome. wouldn't mind a way to fish w/ a pole etc.....

-another awesome river moment was bow hunting a deer. it started to swim across the big part upstream from riverwood and when it got to the other side some wolf came out of nowhere and ganked it

-was on my horse running to riften and somewhere in the fall forest saw a wolf and decided to stop. killed it but then some breton came out of the shadows (like appeared 15 feet away crouched, prolly like we do when we sneak at stuff) and proceeded to own me with a full suit of dwarven armor and a bunch of hardcore spells

i'm seriously loving this game to pieces. the wow factor goes way up if you play on master and dont fast travel imo. there are a lot of tolerable areas with just bandits for the lower lvl scene (10) around whiterun. so far venturing out or going anywhere high altitude has been a Fing nightmare. exactly how a game like this should be imo

I agree with you totally, if you don't fast travel and admire the scenery and adrime the work that Bethesda have put into this game, you can truly appreciate it. I think one of my best moments was when on the first level you finally complete the level in helgen and you come out of the back of that place and then the guy leaves you and then you just loom out onto this world and think "I'm shaping my characters life now" and you set off exploring and basically having an amateur time and then when you get to riverwood and you talk to people and stuff it is truly amazing

Seethe

I am seriously considering starting an all out war in every hold and having everyone trying to kill me. What a challenge!

I've began doing this, I just made a new character, an Orc, his backstory is finding the other Orc holds and uniting them. So i've basically been highway manning it up, killing and looting. I've had bounty collectors on my butt. Back tracked through Riverwood, only to have 6 people in town chasing me out yelling racist comments such as...
"Skyrim is for the Nords!"
or
"Run you Orc Filth!"

It's fun using the Orc strongholds as your base, and not to mention you look and feel very evil in a full set of Orcish armor. Having alot of "WOW" moments with this character.

I am seriously considering starting an all out war in every hold and having everyone trying to kill me. What a challenge!
So, who will be the first person to kill everyone in Skyrim?

Fawlty

There have been so many "wow" moments. I loved moving into my house and realized I can really use it, not only for storage and rest, but as a home in this vast world. It's fantastic to know there is a place to return to after a hard day/week/year of adventuring.

SgtSyd

Where to begin! There's so many amazing things in this game that happen that just astound you! Let's see...

First off would have to be one of my random dragon battles. I was climbing a mountain in search of treasure when I come upon this pretty epic cliff side. It was flat enough to walk across but made of different layers of rocks. This cliff stuck out of the tall mountain and had a breath taking view. While posing like batman I hear that roar in the distance. I turn around and there in the sky is a massive dragon flying right at me. He begins passing back and fourth spraying me with fire. But what surprised me the most was that this guy didn't just hover there! He would fly over and breath fire all over me, before vanishing behind cover of the mountain! All the while I was out in the open trying to fend off this beast in his territory. Eventually I realize he had the upper hand and I run down the mountain trying to escape. He gives chase until we reach this area outside a cave. There he lands and we engage in fisticuffs. Needless to say, I stood victorious. >D

With another game, focusing on the thief skills, another awesome thing happened. I had been infected with vampirism and was trapped in Riften. Upon sight I would be chased and slaughtered. Slowly I sneak to the gate undetected, until I hear a guard shout. I begin to run, and a chase scene begins. Eventually I got a group of guards coming after me. I try to retreat to the thieves guild by the secret entrance. Upon getting into the cistern I turn around to see the guard pouring out into the place! But I was not alone! All the other members of the guild came running out and an insane battle begins! Guards versus Thieves! Eventually we defeated the last guard and they retreated. Was just amazing!

Love. This. Game. Been playing since Morrowind. :D
Syd.

I just had another one...

After destroying whiterun and winterhold and falkreath. It turns out that i didn't kill them at all. They got really pissed at me and sent
Not one
Not two
Not three
Not four
BUT 25 ASSASSINS. All Khajiit and p'ed off at me. I only made it out alive because i leveled up halfway through...
But come on. At the end of that annoyance, not one but two dragons attacked me. Lets just say i'm having dragon bbq at the end