• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Reaper0021

Steam: Reaper0021
My associates and I have been spending quite some time with the modding community over at Nexus (over 18 months as of today). I have, under this very name, contributed to a few mods, and spent a lot of time helping others troubleshoot their mods and PC set-up(s) (most notably MGE). As a tester and contributor to more than a few, I've had some ideas on what mods I'd myself like to see made next for Skyrim.

My question, to you good people and friends of mine is simply this: What mod(s) or issues would you like to see in Skyrim if the choice is/was yours? We've been soliciting ideas and trying to compile what would be most beneficial to the game, but with the plethora of armor, weapon, follower and environmental mods already out, we've run into something of a dry patch for ideas.

The use of the "Creation Kit" is quite extensive and fun. Once you get to grips with it and what you can/can't do...the world of modding most certainly becomes your oyster as the saying goes. In the time that I have been a member of this community, and with the friends I've made over here, I know that a very good portion of you have good ideas and great creative input on what should/shouldn't be improved in this game. Since Maverick, Glutton and myself have all hit "Writers Block" insofar as what would be beneficial, I thought I'd see what you folks had to say.

Any ideas and input at all is welcome and greatly appreciated. I just wanted to create this thread as a place to throw some ideas around and share my thoughts and yours with others and see what would be viable. Thanks in advance people and as always...your input is both valued and treasured. That will never change.
~Reaper~

To any Moderators, I had this set to "Skyrim Mod" thread, but with my browser set the way it is, I put this in this section. My own fault. Please move this post to the appropriate thread and accept my apologies. I accept the responsibility for this screw-up.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
I too am a Modder I have 15 mods on the Steam Workshop but my skill is not texturing or Creating meshes but more along the lines of smaller mods however if you are a modder with the skill I have many suggestions of mods which should be quite easy to do if you have the skill and some not so easy

1. A Vampire Royal Armor Retexture that changes the reddish colour to a black very simple an perhaps darkens the rest of the armur a little tiny bit so it blends in better that is simple now if you have the skill required to do so also a fix to the Royal Armor the Vampire Lord wears that makes the cape black and not look less like vinyl or plastic and perhaps shortens it a bit to help resolve clipping that that cape is famous for

2. A Wereboar transformation that is compatible with moonlight Tales and its predessor Tales of Lycanthropy, I am thinking the werewolves body with hooves from a bristtleback and a bulkier head of a brisstleback from the Dragonborn DLC and not to forget hog sounds to match the Wereboars in Daggerfall and perhaps put wild ones in the southwestern parts of skyrim near markarth where they are closest to high rock where they are said to be from ( I have seen heaps of Were transformations but very few of them lore friendly and never a wereboar)

(Now this Mod Is big but would keep you occupied)
3. Now this is a big mod and would surely be popular if it was made,
Several months ago I started a mod called Necromancer's Moon but I lost the motivation for it plus a few other setbacks and it was intended to feature necromancy heavily about a group trying to bring the king of worms mannimarco back from the dead with the choice of actually Joining him and becoming a lich now I keep a close eye on that dark creations mega mod beyond skyrim and have come to the conclusion that it may not be compatible with a certain lichdom mod called undeath as it will most likely add its own version of scourge barrow and the dragontail mountains which would make no sense whasoever as it already features and is a major part of the Undeath mod so I am thinking of this Necromancer's moon mod that I had thought up the idear for where you can join Mannimarco and become a fully functional Skeletal lich in a lore friendly immersive way as a reward with all the perks and negatives of being one such as reanimation at the phylactery if killed and the weakness of not toing able to use potions or food, similar to the Undeath mod but without locations such as scourge barrow which will probably be featured in BS also if you consider this do make it compatible with Dawnguard as in being able to join them as a lich in place of having to be a vampire lord and following the vampire questline to help your fellow undead.

Reaper0021

I too am a Modder I have 15 mods on the Steam Workshop but my skill is not texturing or Creating meshes but more along the lines of smaller mods however if you are a modder with the skill I have many suggestions of mods which should be quite easy to do if you have the skill and some not so easy

1. A Vampire Royal Armor Retexture that changes the reddish colour to a black very simple an perhaps darkens the rest of the armur a little tiny bit so it blends in better that is simple now if you have the skill required to do so also a fix to the Royal Armor the Vampire Lord wears that makes the cape black and not look less like vinyl or plastic and perhaps shortens it a bit to help resolve clipping that that cape is famous for

2. A Wereboar transformation that is compatible with moonlight Tales and its predessor Tales of Lycanthropy, I am thinking the werewolves body with hooves from a bristtleback and a bulkier head of a brisstleback from the Dragonborn DLC and not to forget hog sounds to match the Wereboars in Daggerfall and perhaps put wild ones in the southwestern parts of skyrim near markarth where they are closest to high rock where they are said to be from ( I have seen heaps of Were transformations but very few of them lore friendly and never a wereboar)

Several months ago I started a mod called Necromancer's Moon but I lost the motivation for it plus a few other setbacks and it was intended to feature necromancy heavily about a group trying to bring the king of worms mannimarco back from the dead with the choice of actually Joining him and becoming a lich now I keep a close eye on that dark creations mega mod beyond skyrim and have come to the conclusion that it may not be compatible with a certain lichdom mod called undeath as it will most likely add its own version of scourge barrow and the dragontail mountains which would make no sense whasoever as it already features and is a major part of the Undeath mod so I am thinking of this Necromancer's moon mod that I had thought up the idear for where you can join Mannimarco and become a fully functional Skeletal lich in a lore friendly immersive way as a reward with all the perks and negatives of being one such as reanimation at the phylactery if killed and the weakness of not toing able to use potions or food, similar to the Undeath mod but without locations such as scourge barrow which will probably be featured in BS also if you consider this do make it compatible with Dawnguard as in being able to join them as a lich in place of having to be a vampire lord and following the vampire questline to help your fellow undead.

Thanks Tx. I appreciate the input. I have forwarded this to the gang. I am really intrigued by the "Wereboar" idea in particular to be honest.

tx12001

Thanks Tx. I appreciate the input. I have forwarded this to the gang. I am really intrigued by the "Wereboar" idea in particular to be honest.
Yeah I honestly don't know why people have not made a mod about them they are an actual creature that exists in ES lore but I hope you do consider my other big idear

tx12001

Yeah I honestly don't know why people have not made a mod about them they are an actual creature that exists in ES lore but I hope you do consider my other big idear
Appreciate it

AS88

Staff member
My question, to you good people and friends of mine is simply this: What mod(s) or issues would you like to see in Skyrim if the choice is/was yours? We've been soliciting ideas and trying to compile what would be most beneficial to the game, but with the plethora of armor, weapon, follower and environmental mods already out, we've run into something of a dry patch for ideas.

What do you think to this?

http://skyrimforum.com/sf/threads/skooma-mod-immersion-addiction-and-withdrawal.43701/

If you do it, I want some credit :p

tx12001

http://skyrimforum.com/sf/threads/skooma-mod-immersion-addiction-and-withdrawal.43701/

I could actually make that with a few tweaks, say a massive drop in combat abilities for 6 hours and a loss of up to 60 health and stamina points over 30 seconds and if I figure out a few bits of scripting I could perhaps add something that causes you to lose stats if not taken regurly but the latter may be a bit harder to do but not impossible and the only way to fix the problem is to take another substance regurly and over time your skooma addiction wanes

Reaper0021

Of course AS88...full credit Bro. That's why I'm asking this community very publicly. The idea and corresponding person it came from is here for all to see. No way to NOT give the proper credit.

AS88

Staff member

I could actually make that with a few tweaks, say a massive drop in combat abilities for 6 hours and a loss of up to 60 health and stamina points over 30 seconds and if I figure out a few bits of scripting I could perhaps add something that causes you to lose stats if not taken regurly but the latter may be a bit harder to do but not impossible and the only way to fix the problem is to take another substance regurly and over time your skooma addiction wanes

If it worked, that'd be awesome. Please get someone to proof-read it though, don't want a mod with no full stops or commas now, do we? :p

Of course AS88...full credit Bro. That's why I'm asking this community very publicly. The idea and corresponding person it came from is here for all to see. No way to NOT give the proper credit.

I'd be happy for your team to have a crack at it, man, especially considering you seem to have some pretty nice credentials.

tx12001

If it worked, that'd be awesome. Please get someone to proof-read it though, don't want a mod with no full stops or commas now, do we? :p

I'd be happy for your team to have a crack at it, man, especially considering you seem to have some pretty nice credentials.
don't worry odds are this would not even add any writing infact I am gonna have a crack at making it now

AS88

Staff member
don't worry odds are this would not even add any writing infact I am gonna have a crack at making it now

Wouldn't it be useful to have some details in Active Effects?

Reaper0021, do you agree?

tx12001

don't worry I actually write a lot better then what you see on the PC its due to a slow keyboard response time but don't worry so far I have set it to damage health and stamina 1 point for 60 seconds..so far

tx12001

100% agree. OR get permsission from other mod authors to have it be used with other mods....say "Realistic Needs & Diseases" as a negative effect. Or even something like Sky-UI.
I made a corprus disease mod so don't worry its 1 of my 15 mods I have

Reaper0021

tx12001

100% agree. OR get permsission from other mod authors to have it be used with other mods....say "Realistic Needs & Diseases" as a negative effect. Or even something like Sky-UI.

Very nice. Very.
do you want credit for this mod 2? I will give you credit for it just tell me what the effects of skooma should be in the active effects

AS88

Staff member

Very nice. Very.

Reaper, the Realistic Needs and Diseases thing is exactly the sort of thing I was going for. I think we may be on the same page, here.

tx12001

yeah well I have ravage health for 60 points over a 60 second duration as well as doing the same to stamina now I have to set the attribute drops if that's possible

AS88

Staff member

Very nice. Very.
do you want credit for this mod 2? I will give you credit for it just tell me what the effects of skooma should be in the active effects
Honestly tx, considering it was Reaper who started this thread asking for ideas, and I presented an option, you weren't really a part of this until you jumped in. I think I'd prefer Reaper and his boys(?) to do it, considering how we seem to be on a similar wavelength for the mod and has actually asked permission from me to try it, rather than asking if I want credit for my own idea.

Reaper, please go ahead, if you like.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts