• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
We all have things that we obsess about in games, and Skyrim seems to have no end to the obsessive possibilities. So, in light of a recent argument, I dare ask you all:

WHAT IS YOUR PERSONAL OBSESSION IN SKYRIM!?!?!?

For me, it's eradicating Tamriel of bunnies. I can be in the middle of a pitched battle with an elder dragon on an intentionally gimped character, and I will stop fighting in order to kill a bunny that I happened to see run by.

Dallas-Arbiter

Orange lighting. Every time I find an area with orange lighting I have to stop, and see what my character looks like in it, then I usually take a few screencaps. My avatar is a prime example of that.

I also have a problem with collecting jewels. I've got hundreds of them, with no plans to sell any of them, or make jewelry out of them.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Flawless gems, hundreds of flawless diamonds on my old build.

Rainbow

Criminal Scum
Cheese wheels, and I have no reason why. I absolutely love cheese in real life, but I have hundreds of cheese wheels just everywhere in my house. I don't even cook with it! It just looks so....appetizing. Good job on making some tasty looking pixelated cheese Bethesda! :D

AS88

Staff member
Flawless gems, hundreds of flawless diamonds on my old build.

On one of my builds, I have a safe in Lakeview Manor's cellar. It is filled purely with flawless gems and expensive jewellery. I don't even know why I do it, because the safe next to it has 100,000 Septims in it. o_O

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
On one of my builds, I have a safe in Lakeview Manor's cellar. It is filled purely with flawless gems and expensive jewellery. I don't even know why I do it, because the safe next to it has 100,000 Septims in it. o_O
yeah same as that, My house in Morthal is like my treasury, I've got a gem safe a coin safe a gold ingot safe and a spider bomb safe :D

Torok

The Thalmor, not fighting them, allying with them. Also killing of Talos worshippers/anyone annoying.

Wildroses

Alchemy.

I can't stop picking all the ingredients I see. A couple of butterfly wings have made me unable to run? I have no choice but to drop an expensive enchanted weapon. Every single time. Honestly, I have between 100-300 of each kind of mountain flower at my house, and huge amounts of everything else, not including the two greenhouse plants. Why do I keep picking the ingredients?

And why do I feel the need to drag so many potions and poisons with me anywhere? A good half of my carry weight is taken up with potions and poisons. It doesn't matter how difficult the fight was, there are always plenty left in my inventory.

Not to mention all the ones I keep at home because nobody can afford them. My current character has about 20-30 potions of Damage Magicka Regeneration nobody is rich enough to buy off her sitting in a barrel.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Alchemy.

I can't stop picking all the ingredients I see. A couple of butterfly wings have made me unable to run? I have no choice but to drop an expensive enchanted weapon. Every single time. Honestly, I have between 100-300 of each kind of mountain flower at my house, and huge amounts of everything else, not including the two greenhouse plants. Why do I keep picking the ingredients?

And why do I feel the need to drag so many potions and poisons with me anywhere? A good half of my carry weight is taken up with potions and poisons. It doesn't matter how difficult the fight was, there are always plenty left in my inventory.

Not to mention all the ones I keep at home because nobody can afford them. My current character has about 20-30 potions of Damage Magicka Regeneration nobody is rich enough to buy off her sitting in a barrel.
Yeah I'm exactly the same with this, I've got a barrel for fish, 1 for plants and 1 for other ingredients, then I've got a satchel for poisons, a satchel for potions to sell and a satchel for fortify destruction potions.
If you've got hearthfire grow some mora tapinella, scaly pholiota and creep cluster. It's the most expensive potion you can make using just the greenhouse/garden.
Also I recommend Imp stool, canis root and Mora tapinella for a paralysis and lingering damage health poison, at high alchemy skill it's over 20 secs paralysis.

Adam Belmont

Just like Wrighty I colect gems too. But my obsession n°1 is that I NEED to get rid of all the quests in the journal. The only quests I don't bother is the companions quests that are infinite and the "join stormcloak/imperials" quest that I'll get rid when I choose who I'll join.

Finnsson

Prince of Denmark
I've taken to collecting snowberries to use as my assassin's calling card. They call him the "Snowberry Psycho". Dragons call him "Snowberrkiin".

Smarty

When I play stealthy characters, I tend to obsess trying to make the perfect kill(s). Sometimes, I reload a half dozen times trying different strategies

Gowsh

Old Fart
Alchemy.

If you have the Dragonborn DLC, check out the potion seller in the main town the name of which I can't quite recall offhand (look to the left under my name).

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
Collecting ingredients. It doesn't matter if I have 5 or 100 in Alchemy. Taruma caused by Sinderion's Research, Ingun's/Balimund's misc quests. (And also because that bowl of Vampire Dust happened to save my life once)

My personal obsession is creating rulesets, simulation mechanics, and dice/paper "mods" (I play on XBox360) to help me play out the stories I want to tell with my characters. In truth, I probably spend more time thinking about ways to work around the vanilla game's limitations than I do actually playing it. For example, I've spent many hours planning out a playthrough as a member of the Black-Briar family (it's a Game of Thrones-inspired idea about feuding families throughout Skyrim), but I have yet to actually create the character in-game.

Clau

The Fateless One
Crafting and hoarding jewelry. I can't part with them!

Bluebaron

My obsession is gold septims I take anything of value from victims and if I dont need it sell it to skyrims many vendors or fences from the thieves guild . I have over 9 million gold septims with my khajiit warrior thats from playing over the course of 1 yr since my work schedule keeps me busy most of the time .

Finnsson

Prince of Denmark
Punz said:
Gold and blood. ;)

You... may want to get that checked out. It's not healthy. May I suggest you become obsessed with hugs and kisses? Or mutual respect? <3

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts