Your Honest Rate Of Skyrim ? 1-10

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I'd give it a 7 TBH. It would be much higher if it wasn't that buggy.

And the way things level up when you do is a bit messy too. If you don't level up the 'right' way whichever that is, you're going to have a rather weird game experience. To give you an example, my GF (first time RPG player but in love with dragons so she gave Skyrim a try) was having some problems (dying too quickly) vs. hard hitting melee stuff. So she decides to solve this problem best way she sees fit: level up smithing and build better armor. Now she gained quite a few levels doing that, and she's murdering melee (dragonplate ftw). However, mages have leveled up too and since she didn't level up anything good vs. mages (like enchanting) she gets destroyed(she actually has a save in that Thalmor fortress where a Thalmor mage can kill her from full HP before she can reach him).

BIGwooly

I hate to rate a game I haven't finished but from my experience so far I'd give it an 9. It's an outstanding game, and I would give it a 10 but I can't because of how they dumbed things down. I miss weapons degrading. I miss bartering. I miss being able to carry alchemy tools around with you. I'm not at all happy that they put a radar in the game, and especially not happy that you can't just toggle it off. I also miss the days when NPC would give you detailed directions on how to get somewhere. Now they just tell you to go somewhere and you're almost forced to use the dumbed-down system of follow-the-magic-compass-arrow.

What I like is how the leveling of enemies is improved over Oblivion. I also enjoy the improvement in voice acting over Oblivion. I think lockpicking is better now and it's REALLY nice to have dungeons/caves/forts that feel unique and not built of the same parts. And honestly, I think the enemy AI has been improved over Oblivion.

shelder

I'd give it an 8.5-9, mainly because i was expecting to be able to ride dragons and when i found out u couldnt (yet), it made me really disappointed, glitches and bugs i understand since the game is still new but the dragon thing is the main disappointment i had with it, oh an also the way companions fight/act (so annoying to have them)

Greenoire

So far from what i have seen, it would have to give it a 9. It has a lot of content and a nice story. I would give it a ten if not for the bugs I've encountered, but overall this is a game i would not mind playing for a long time and not get bored. It would be the perfect game in my opinion if not for the bugs

Zelek2

My vote would also be a 9. Would be a 10 but 2 problems I have. 1, little bit buggy. 2, I Play on the PS3. So It's hard not having the opportunity to have multiple saved games.

murdaface

8.5 because i agree with bigwooly 100%, and load times make me sad. i would prefer they had scaled down the size / detail of it all if it would improve load times. some doors you can open with no loading and explore hallways / rooms for a good while, but you have to load twice to go in and out of your tiny little house? wtf? also, i would really like to see more unique gear. it makes the looting boring for a lore lover when you know exactly what to expect from enemies and chests. bugs and glitches will be improved on, no doubt. probably never reach perfection due to its size an detail, but thats to be expected right? the story, graphics, battle animation, voice acting, leveling system totally trump any gripes though. but im 100% against a prerequisite skill system. if they really wanted to give us character creation freedom, they would allow for random skill point placement, even with less allowed points to place or even less powerful attributes. it sort of takes away from the "unique" aspect of your character's abilities, as well as the experience you have when experimenting with different progression paths

Wolf

Hello, is it tea you're looking for?

does get boring sometimes. Also just the same thing over and over again: Go down cave, go through cave, kill boss at the end, get loot.

Also there are just silly little mistakes in the game that annoy me >_>

murdaface

wolf, that lionel ritchie tea pot is EPIC!
man, lol, we must really be spoiled. sitting here yapping about how skyrim isnt so great or whatever. what will it take to please our gaming hunger?!? no really i love it, but by the time it loads, i have errands to run....

Lilfish43

me like skyrim.... so i give it a 8.5 to a 9.5 its amazing i enjoy it. Its the only game ive owned that I could play for more than a day and not be rea;dy to through it out the window... well 60 houres and still havnt thrown it out the window.... off the floor becuase my ps3 keeps freezing yes but not out a window....

Eric Badders

Unholy Mind
I'm going with a 8.5 right now. Love the game but the glitches and lag are a bit annoying. Game play is pretty fluid. The menus are better but still clunky. Although, I'm not sure it can get much better with so many useable items and spell. The perk system is too broad for the number of perk points given each level., especially if you are choosing magic as a primary (see Destruction). Its a little out of balance toward melee/archery and away from magic. IMO.
None of these things are deal breakers though. Still a solid game. Simply needs a few adjustments.

PunWisp

War Mage
I would give it a 9.5, however, because of noticable annoyances I would give it a 8.5. Why?

Yes they made a endless amount of quests and there is a lot of variety in some ways. However here are some of my beefs

1. Glitches, obvious but doesn't effect my rating too much
2. Quantity over quality on quests, they are just too short, main quest is about the right length, but the bosses are too easy.
3. Variety in NPCs is rare, all guards have same armor just recolored, lot of the stormcloak soldiers wear recolored guard armor. Dialogue is not variant, its the same dialogue between all guards and most npcs, just different voices, some with only slight variation in the dialogue(*cough arrow in the knee*). The voice acting is very limited, it seems like there is only 2 voice actors for every type of NPC (as in 2 diff nord ones, 2 elven ones, 2 old guy ones, etc.) Very little variation.
4. Lot is rehashed and re-used.
5. Some stuff turned out very good, just not enough time was spent on them. There is a lot with so much potential that is only touched on.

Yes there is a lot in the game, they did a good job, but they could have easily spent another year on the game to work more on the quests and other aspects. Who cares if they worked on it for a couple already, blizzard tends to work on there games for a half decade before they release a game (And they always get 9.0s or higher), bethesda should learn from them, work on a game until its done, not almost. There is a lot they took short cuts on that were easier since it was a big game.

Overall its a great game and I love it to death, but it still needs plenty of improvement.

modi

HONESTLY, I would give the game a 10. I completely understand that the game is buggy, and that it has its flaws, especially considering I am a PS3 owner and I just got to the point where it is getting extra laggy and it freezes often. HOWEVER, even with all of the completely obvious flaws, this game is still uncomprable to any other video game that has ever been invented, ever. I was kinda sceptical when I went to buy this game, because I wasnt impressed AT ALL with Oblivion, however as soon as I started playing it, I was hooked. I have a total of around 70 hours in with this game, and as bad as it might sound, it has changed my look on life. I can not go through one school class without thinking of this game. It is just unbelievable. Honestly, I don't think that this game should even be considered a video game. I think it should be called a Epic Life Extension, given the fact that it truley does make you feel like you are inside of the world of Skyrim.

Metallipath

Premium Member
I can't give it a 10 because I've had some nagging things in my own mind, such as the removal of hand to hand and unarmoured. That doesn't mean I'd rate it less than a 9 though, out of the hundreds of games I've played, very few have ever gripped me enough to play over a 20 hour mark, let alone the 100+ I have so far into Skyrim. The only titles I've played near as much are Final Fantasy Tactics with over 200 hours, Forza Motorsport 3 with 72 hours, and Warhammer Online held me for 2 solid months (irl time, not in game) because I had friends playing and we pvp'd a lot. Aside from those games I can only see Forza Motorsport 4 being added to this list, at least from what's available to me right now.