• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

How did you feel after making your first kill?

• Total voters

Brittani

Contains minor Dark Brotherhood spoilers

A few days ago I decided to join the Dark Brotherhood on my khajiit since I already had my elf in the thieves guild and from what I've heard, the Dark Brotherhood quests are supposed to be really good. So I found out I had to kill a woman that owned an orphanage in Riften. I went there and saw how this old thing treated the kids there. I didnt approve of it but killing her? Did she really have to die? I knelt down, equipped my dagger and stabbed her in the back. I felt so guilty! I hated how it made me feel and I started to think about what her life must have been like and what could have happened to make her the way she was. She didnt have to die.

Then, 24 hours later, I awakened to the realization that I had been abducted by a discrete character known as Astrid which was a little shocking. And then she had me kill one of the three people she had tied up. I went up to them and listened to each of their dialogues. One lady had kids to come home to. Great. One guy sounded completely innocent and the khajiit..well he was one of my own kind. It was so hard choosing! (I ended up killing the lady because she was a bit more rude than the others)

Anyways, to the point. How did you feel after making your first real kill, whether it be from the Dark Brotherhood, a quest, or just from a whim? Did it bother you at all? Hell, I remember during some quests that when you told the person you were going to kill them, they'd beg for mercy and ask you what they did wrong. That killed me on the inside! I actually felt guilty for killing a virtual character. It's silly, really.

Two Bears

I suppose that my first kill ever in Skyrim was the Imperial captain that had me sent to the block. No, I didn't feel bad. In fact, I didn't equip the axe from the body I was told to loot so it was an unarmed kill. It even went to the kill cam at the end, as my character picked her up and spiked her on her head with that "crunch" sound. Very satifsying.

Inquisitor Saken

polan can into space?
A chicken in Riverwood. I didn't feel bad because I was dead.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
When I killed Grelod (The (""Kind"") ) I felt pretty dammed good about it.
When facing the 3 captives with astrid, I slaughtered them all.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
Its not silly u have used immersion in the game perfectly :D

It depends on what build I do and if I roleplay that build, my first build was a jack of all trades 850+ hours he done evrything and done evil and good actions so it was hard to feel with that build, but then I made a warlord build a big ugly friken orc whose main objective was to kill all killable npcs, even though he was evil there was one Bosmer I killed called Gwilin I spoke to him first and he was always my fav npc from my first play through, killing that amazingly optimistic little elf made me feel a little guilty :sadface: but I tell u what I killed Nazeem and Dirge after and it made me feel a hell of a lot better lol :)

itsLilBeastHD

Jason, Modder.
Back when i killed Grelod i was quite pleased after seeing the way she talked to those children, after that when i was forced to either kill Cicero or let him live i chose to let him live simply because he seems as mentally disturbed as i am. Not to mention in the end all he was trying to do was find the listener when Astrid failed the brotherhood by disobeying the Tennets. She deserved her death imo.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
That shouting idiot in Whiterun known as Heimskr.

man thats mean for the love of Talos he was just trying to save our souls lol, even as a huge fan of Talos I fookin hate Heimskr :)

Brittani

Back when i killed Grelod i was quite pleased after seeing the way she talked to those children, after that when i was forced to either kill Cicero or let him live i chose to let him live simply because he seems as mentally disturbed as i am. Not to mention in the end all he was trying to do was find the listener when Astrid failed the brotherhood by disobeying the Tennets. She deserved her death imo.

I let him live too. There wasn't any harm in keeping him alive, after all. Plus, you can use him later. And Astrid did deserve to die. I can't believe she set the Listener up! I was so pissed off and I decided that if she wasn't dead by the time I got back to the sanctuary, I was going to skin her alive lol. I was also sad that Arnbjorn died..I reloaded my game several times to try to save him but I gave up.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
Well, it is a game and I don't feel any remorse to kill any enemy or animal or person causing damage to innocent people. However, I felt very good killing Grelod and will feel very good if I could kill the freaking Maven Black-Briar but that is not possible. The way I see it, is that if you don't kill, they will. Now, regarding killing people by doing the Dark Brotherhood quests, that's a different story. I personally killed and destroyed the Dark Brotherhood. I am not an assassin. That is not my style. I did the Thieve Guild quest just to get money and level up but I did not feel right when I had to plant the poison in that house in Whiterun to please the freaking Maven Black-Briar. From thieve to assassin, there is a big difference in the game. Thieves guild do not assassinate or kill unless there is no other choice but the Dark Brotherhood are merely assassins. Other than those scenarios, I don't feel any bad killing whoever I have to, to get my quest done and level up or whatever the reason is.

-Mir-

Professional milk-drinker
The first person I killed was the soldier who came in Helgen Keep next to the Imperial Captain. I feel pretty bad any time I kill anything, bad guys or not. There are some people I've really hated (like Grelod) but like you I still wish there'd be some way to help the kids without killing her.

On my character who joined the DB, the character shows no remorse for anybody, but I personally still feel sad making him assassinate someone, especially with ones like Narfi. :sadface:

ShadowHunter

On my most recent playthrough I killed Idolaf. He threatened to "bash my face in". I instead bashed his face in with my axe :D

carz101

The Steve Of Skyrim!
Honestly, I don't count the tutorial. So my first kill? A chicken in Riverwood. It felt good till EVERYONE came at me. Then I just started running and didn't stop.

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
I remember it well, my first kills were made when encountering these imposters disguised as Imperial soldiers. I felt very bad about Nafri being a DB target, and is often one of the main reasons I actually destroy the DB.

I absolutely don't want anyone in Riverwood or Whiterun to die, by my hand or anyone else's. I naturally do feel bad about killing innocent people unless I have a very good (or fun) reason, an example below:

Septimus/Mora's quest, I'm playing and talking with a friend at the same time, I pretty much complained that I couldn't find any Wood Elf to slaughter and get the blood from.

"No luck with the bandits?
-Nope none of them were Wood Elves, I'll see what I can get in one of the holds, maybe Riften. Oh, did you ever have that conversation with that Ungrien guy at the Black-Briar Meadery?
-Might have forgotten.
-He says he's so damn happy to work here and when asking for the truth he says that he's the 4rth person working as a bartender and that the 3 others are at the bottom of the nearby lake.
-Oh, that one, he's pretty much on a tight spot.
-And... he's a Wood Elf.
-Well... damn, he can't possibly have a worse luck."

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I didn't feel bad about it all because its just a game and I was doing quests and stuff.
However, my recent characters has not killed ANYONE or ANYTHING, I have not so much as hit someone or brawled. I joined the Dark Brotherhood by casting illusion spells on people so they can kill my targets, like that women next to Greloda, so I did not have to kill anyone! :)

Chadonraz

I have no idea whether I actually killed anyone the first time I did the tutorial... so let's say my first kill was the cow in Riverwood. Followed by a chicken and Anise. :p
I did feel a bit bad about the cow... but only until I was slaughtered by the residents of Riverwood.

Fuzer

Its not silly u have used immersion in the game perfectly :D

It depends on what build I do and if I roleplay that build, my first build was a jack of all trades 850+ hours he done evrything and done evil and good actions so it was hard to feel with that build, but then I made a warlord build a big ugly friken orc whose main objective was to kill all killable npcs, even though he was evil there was one Bosmer I killed called Gwilin I spoke to him first and he was always my fav npc from my first play through, killing that amazingly optimistic little elf made me feel a little guilty :sadface: but I tell u what I killed Nazeem and Dirge after and it made me feel a hell of a lot better lol :)
"You can be whatever you want" So you become a killer and killed him. His advive worked!

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts