• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

wizkid1696

So Skyrim has been out for a long time now. That means its time to put it in perspective.

Did you love it? Like it? Hate it?

How does it compare to other Elder Scrolls games? Other Bethesda games? Heck, even RPG's?

What do you think?

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
1793779-239_oh_look_its_this_thread_again.jpg

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
Still playing it 6 months after I got it, I'd say it's one of my all time favorite games.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Good game, it goes on the list of games that I'll never sell along with oblivion and the first fable. As far as RPG's go: great gameplay/graphics, however the shallow storylines were more than somewhat lacking.

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
Love it! Yes it's glitchy, yes there are things they could have done better...however, overall it is the best game I've ever played. :)

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
It's a great game, but not my favorite of all time. As a big Dragon Age fan, the major thing I think the game is missing is lack of repercussions and recognition. I love how after a certain point in Dragon Age everyone treats me with the respect I deserve and they never talk down to me. That's what Skyrim needs, some sort of reputation system.

wizkid1696

It's a great game, but not my favorite of all time. As a big Dragon Age fan, the major thing I think the game is missing is lack of repercussions and recognition. I love how after a certain point in Dragon Age everyone treats me with the respect I deserve and they never talk down to me. That's what Skyrim needs, some sort of reputation system.

I'm the freaking Harbinger! NOBODY STOLE MY SWEET ROLL

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Haven't touched another game since December 23, 2011. So yeah, I love the game. Bugs, glitches, freezes and all.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Haven't touched another game since December 23, 2011. So yeah, I love the game. Bugs, glitches, freezes and all.

Same here, except replace "December 23, 2011" with "March 17, 2012".

Ironclad

It kills my RL, I lose so much sleep.
It's amazing. If I could change anything it'd be - more monsters, pack attacks, power monsters that flee and return another day (think, Mumm-Ra). I also think dragons should be able to flick you miles away with their tails or wing, so they can recover & take off and resume aerial attacks.
All my gaming is ONLY Skyrim.

Skyrim is amazing. The atmosphere they generated is amazing...you really feel like the NPCs are real people, that the landscape is real. That said, the graphics are actually rather low for PC games, it was quite obviously designed for console. Indeed, aside from the console commands, PC compatibility seems almost like an afterthought. Next game, I would like to see more realistic graphics and more mouse usage (E is the most pressed key according to my computer stats). Still, amazing game and definitely worth $60.

Afterthoughts: An athletics tree would be nice. I would rather parkour up mountains than glitch up them, thank you. Also, combat seems a little clunky right now. You have to hold down click to swing your weapon, when I would rather click. Dodging isn't viable because of the movement system, so maybe a dodge sequence? Certain quest lines were poorly paced. The DB questline went by in a whirlwind of blood, while the Thieves' Guild questline actually got boring due to slow progress.

Purdekat

When I first got Skyrim must admit I hated it, didnt like the UI (well still dont but have got used to it) didnt like the way elves looked thought the Dark Elves were grotesque, well still do actually. Took a little while after I started to play it & then realised it was really growing on me, now all these months later I love it, oc there are things I dont, like some of the quest lines seem to just stop & so feel unfinished but overall has to rank as one of my favourite games ever, but as others have said am more than ready for DLC now hopefully to "flesh things out a bit"

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts