• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Favourite city/hold

• Whiterun

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Hjaalmarch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Reach

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Falkreath

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • The Pale

• The Rift

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Winterhold

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Eastmarch

• Haafingar

• Total voters

Assassin's Bane

I like whiterun because i don't like all the snow and the forests

Vercintorix

I like Falkreath becuase of the Pine evergreen forest, The Reach of it's mountainous Terrain and Haafingar are my favorite holds.

Halkin

pzzzztt
the rift eastmarch by far, just listening to the volcano rumble is epic in itself

edit: is that yellowstone by anychance? it has its beauty

Halkin

pzzzztt
i had my most epic battle there as well, 2 mammoths, a giant and a sabre cat. it was all going well until a dragon turned up and spoilt the fun :S

bananban

Markarth is my favorite city by far, it was jaw dropping when I first discovered it and it's surprisingly easy to navigate once you make the rounds a few times. Vlindrel Hall is also a pretty nice house, too, though I think Breezehome is more convenient than any others I've purchased so far in terms of chests and placement in the city.

Vraek

The Markath House is my favourite. I live in it. Thus, Markath is my favourite :L Though, tbh, Whiterun probably has the most useful set of useful stuff :p

FalkReath For the Win!!!!!!! lol jk id say riften because of the flaggon since i did all the junk for delvin and vex theres awesome merchants there

Solitude

Inactive
would have to say whiterun is the best, following that would be riften for me..
they are the only two i have brought houses in.

I also love Whiterun. As you said probably because its really the first big town I came across and bought my first house there. And also from a trading point of view also, you have a alot of people to sell to aswell as both forges.

Next would be solitude solely for the reason as Proudspire manor is my favourite house in the game.

Docta Corvina

I'm torn - based on aesthetic merits alone, I think Markarth and Solitude are gorgeous. Whiterun is cute in a quaint, sleepy town sort of way. The architecture of the first two is stunning though, I love it.

While it's not so much to look at per se, Riften has truly become my home base. Especially since joining the Guild, Honeyside has been where I rest my feet and body most often. I just love all the grumpy people (really, I do) and the waterfront and the woodlands outside it. Something about its relative gloom that I like. Same with Falkreath, to an extent.

All the towns/areas in Skyrim have something about them I like, but those are my favorites.