• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Favourite city/hold

• Whiterun

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Hjaalmarch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Reach

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Falkreath

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • The Pale

• The Rift

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Winterhold

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Eastmarch

• Haafingar

• Total voters

Th3 Indi3 Gam3r

Post here what your favourite hold/city is and tell us why.My is Falkreath hold.Good hunt and really fun to jump around in.

Emilia

the scorpion rises under the balsamic moon
i will say whiterun because of the convenience of its location, layout of the town... but i also think solitude is a cool place... whiterun has a good setup for smithing.

Th3 Indi3 Gam3r

i will say whiterun because of the convenience of its location, layout of the town... but i also think solitude is a cool place... whiterun has a good setup for smithing.

I very much agree with its location.The fact that it has two forges does make it conveinant for 'smiths

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
I posted a similar thread earlier. :p But there's room for two I'm sure!

My favorite hold would probably be a tie between Whiterun and the Rift. They both remind me of LotR (Whiterun = Edoras/Rohan and Riften = Lake-Town). The major cities of these holds are also convenient and designed well. And I like the surrounding wilderness; Whiterun's plains evoke a strong feeling of freedom, while the Rift and its golden birch forests & lakes remind me somewhat of my home country in autumn.

I also like the Reach with its lush green grass and majestic waterfalls. Markarth was a jaw-dropper from a visual/architectural perspective when I first entered it, but its lack of merchants and crooked people (cannibals, silver cartels, corrupt guards!) take the city's appeal down a notch.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Markarth for me. Visually stunning. However, due to my characters nature I find myself in Riften a lot.

Neriad13

Premium Member
The more I research and spend time in each hold, the more I adore a lot of them. Whiterun was my first love, my original hometown and the place where so many people are my friends. Riften eventually came in as a close second, despite the fact that I've never joined the Thieves' Guild or Dark Brotherhood. The Rift is just so beautiful and the tragic tales of its citizens are compelling. And now I'm harboring a love for Windhelm, with its striking architecture, and rich history (Ysgramor himself built that city!).

VolenKiller

The Idealist
Honestly, I don't like any of them. Rather would live in a orc's hold or a bandit fort. Much cooler.

PelagiusIV

My vote goes to The Reach. Markarth is by far my favorite city. The design is spectacular, the architecture is mind blowing, I remember the first time I walked into that city was the first time I really just had my character slowly look around, just to take it in. (I made it one of my first priorities to see this city due to its connections to the Dwemer). Outside the city is just as amazing to me. I love the wilderness in that hold the best, don't know exactly why, I'm just attracted to it.

Th3 Indi3 Gam3r

I posted a similar thread earlier. :p But there's room for two I'm sure!

My favorite hold would probably be a tie between Whiterun and the Rift. They both remind me of LotR (Whiterun = Edoras/Rohan and Riften = Lake-Town). The major cities of these holds are also convenient and designed well. And I like the surrounding wilderness; Whiterun's plains evoke a strong feeling of freedom, while the Rift and its golden birch forests & lakes remind me somewhat of my home country in autumn.

I also like the Reach with its lush green grass and majestic waterfalls. Markarth was a jaw-dropper from a visual/architectural perspective when I first entered it, but its lack of merchants and crooked people (cannibals, silver cartels, corrupt guards!) take the city's appeal down a notch.
I agree with markarth.Could use more merchants.Sorry,didn't notice your threa.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I haven't paid a lot of attention to holds themselves, but my favorite town is definitely Riften. Riften immediately attracted me the first time I saw it because I adore seaside towns, and it's felt like my "home" in Skyrim ever since. Another reason I love it is that it's the most organic of all the major towns, since it's primarily constructed of wood, instead of stone like Windhelm, Solitude, and Markarth, and because there's more greenery and water there than in Whiterun. And all that fog and mist is great, too.

My second favorite would have to be Riverwood. It's so peaceful and cozy and relaxed. I would probably choose Riverwood over Riften if I could live anywhere in Skyrim in real life.

Th3 Indi3 Gam3r

I haven't paid a lot of attention to holds themselves, but my favorite town is definitely Riften. Riften immediately attracted me the first time I saw it because I adore seaside towns, and it's felt like my "home" in Skyrim ever since. Another reason I love it is that it's the most organic of all the major towns, since it's primarily constructed of wood, instead of stone like Windhelm, Solitude, and Markarth, and because there's more greenery and water there than in Whiterun. And all that fog and mist is great, too.

My second favorite would have to be Riverwood. It's so peaceful and cozy and relaxed. I would probably choose Riverwood over Riften if I could live anywhere in Skyrim in real life.

Yes,riverwood is like the friendliest place i've been so far,unless you kill that old woman at the tanning rack(Oops).Riften's scenery is very nice.I very much agree with you

Gore gro-Gijakudob

Boring as it sounds, it's Whiterun for me. The place just has a good vibe about it that none of the others quite have. But like an earlier poster said, give me an Orcish outpost any day. Whiterun and Solitude are my holiday homes.

I like Falkreath and Riften. I've only ever been to Falkreath once though, but I'd totally want to live there due to it's forest location. I like Riften because of it's location too; nice autumn forest, but there are some problems, such as the thieves guild (not to mention I'm part of it >.>), from a realistic point of view, the presence of the thieves' guild would suck. Also Maven Black-Briar is a big part of Riften, which also sucks.

Th3 Indi3 Gam3r

Boring as it sounds, it's Whiterun for me. The place just has a good vibe about it that none of the others quite have. But like an earlier poster said, give me an Orcish outpost any day. Whiterun and Solitude are my holiday homes.

Whiterun feels like a home to most as its the first and friendliest place.Solitude,i'm not too sure,it's nice to look at don't get me wrong its just its not got many 'Unique' buildings I think.

TexInOrd

The reach and the rift. Also the walk from white run to markarth is pretty amazing. Following the river from markarth to solitude is incredible. Hell the whole game is like living in a visual recreation of a freaking Tolkien novel.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts