You know you're addicted when...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Metal-Maniac

When you go shopping and while the vendor explains about his wares all you hear is "Trinkets, odds and ends, that sort of thing"...

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
When you try to optimize your next course of action in Skyrim:

"Okay, I need to report to Maven in Riften and to Ulfric in Windhelm. I also need to return the Honningbrew Decanter to Delvin, but I have a numbers job in Solitude, and should really complete that before I report to Delvin. And I also have a sweep job in Windhelm, so I can do that while I report to Ulfric there. 'Promises to Keep' is mostly in and around Riften, isn't it? At some point I should really consider doing Under Saarthal, but Winterhold is so far awayyyy... is there anything else that sends me there? Yes. Brand-Shei's quest. Okay, Solitude first because it's nowhere near anything and I haven't even discovered it yet on this file, then Windhelm, then Riften, and then I'll do Winterhold after I'm done with 'Promises to Keep'. Maybe I should slow-travel to Solitude; I need to pick up deathbell, nightshade, and nirnroot...."

Ragnar

The Red One
You sneak around people, hoping they're Falmers and can't see you.

Skyrimosity

Have you ever TRIED sneaking around a Falmer? Them things hear everything even if your footsteps don't even make noise! EVIL!!!

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
When you try to optimize your next course of action in Skyrim:

"Okay, I need to report to Maven in Riften and to Ulfric in Windhelm. I also need to return the Honningbrew Decanter to Delvin, but I have a numbers job in Solitude, and should really complete that before I report to Delvin. And I also have a sweep job in Windhelm, so I can do that while I report to Ulfric there. 'Promises to Keep' is mostly in and around Riften, isn't it? At some point I should really consider doing Under Saarthal, but Winterhold is so far awayyyy... is there anything else that sends me there? Yes. Brand-Shei's quest. Okay, Solitude first because it's nowhere near anything and I haven't even discovered it yet on this file, then Windhelm, then Riften, and then I'll do Winterhold after I'm done with 'Promises to Keep'. Maybe I should slow-travel to Solitude; I need to pick up deathbell, nightshade, and nirnroot...."

THIS. OH MY GOD THIS. I do this constantly. At one point, after I'd hoarded about fifty different quests and miscellaneous objectives, I actually got a notebook and listed every task by its hold so I could maximize my efficiency, instead of traveling back and forth all across Skyrim.

Have you ever TRIED sneaking around a Falmer? Them things hear everything even if your footsteps don't even make noise! EVIL!!!

If you get your sneak up high enough, it shouldn't be too difficult. I've been able to sneak up right behind them for backstab attacks, no problem, even without silence-enchanted boots.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
THIS. OH MY GOD THIS. I do this constantly. At one point, after I'd hoarded about fifty different quests and miscellaneous objectives, I actually got a notebook and listed every task by its hold so I could maximize my efficiency, instead of traveling back and forth all across Skyrim.

And then you feel sheepish when you realize "Oh, duh, of course I've been to Solitude on this file. This is my 'Imperial defecting to Stormcloak' character. Say, I wonder if Beirand will still give me Imperial armor even after taking Whiterun for the other si--HOLY CRAP HE WILL!"

Curiosity is the enemy of efficiency, at least as far as Skyrim goes.

Neriad13

Premium Member
...you're playing another game which contains a Rogues' Guild. But you're constantly referring to it as the "Thieves' Guild" in your head and can't stop no matter how many times you correct yourself. >.<

IpmaN

You know you're addicted to Skyrim when:
  • You rely on coffee to force yourself to stay awake all night long.
  • Being absent for work and pretends to be sick for a day just to play Skyrim.
  • You got a final disconnection notice because you forgot to pay your electricity bill for almost a month!
  • You practice to shout FUS RO DAH infront of your friend.
  • You try to pick lock every door in your house.
  • You pick up a mushroom in the backyard and try to eat it cause hoping that you can learn the alchemy of it and the next thing you know, you're already in the hospital! :D

Metal-Maniac

Spend as much time planning the perfect build as much as actually playing that build :p

Honourman

Honourman

Spend as much time planning the perfect build as much as actually playing that build :p
Damn, you literally took the words right out of my mouth. I am abstaining from all video games for a while, but I have spent the same amount of time planning my next characters as I would if I was just playing it!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts