WTF is wrong with my alchemy!!!!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ykcor

So I'm not sure if my character is glitched, or if I just changed something and didnt realize it. but... here's my issue. So when I made potions before (alchemy was at 96) I would make enchanting potions that made items 24% better, I havent used alchemy in a while.. so I go back to my home, put on my alchemy gear, (2 of the items have been upgraded since my last alchemy session.) Boost my alchemy up to 100, and make another fortify enchant potion to make better gear. One problem!!! The strength of my potions has gotten worse! Instead of making 24% or better fortify enchant (like before), I'm only getting 22%, yet I have better percentages for alchemy on half of my gear and my level went from 96 to 100.. You think the potions would be a lot stronger right?

Basically what I'm trying to ask here is.... Is there some kind of blessing that makes alchemy better that I might have had before? or maybe my home is glitchy (I heard the riften home is glitchy)? But either way its pissing me off!!!! If anyone knows about this help me out please!!!

maybe it didn't apply one of the fortify alchemy effects from you're gear, try taking it off and putting it on again, than check to make sure all the effects from all the pieces are applied in the active effects menu, I've never had this issue but I've heard that it happens sometimes.

Ykcor

maybe it didn't apply one of the fortify alchemy effects from you're gear, try taking it off and putting it on again, than check to make sure all the effects from all the pieces are applied in the active effects menu, I've never had this issue but I've heard that it happens sometimes.
Wow I'm an idiot, didnt even think to check active effects.. ill check it out now. But in the meantime I would still like some more opinions if anyone's got em.

CarrieT

Have same problem. Was making 130% smithing and 32% alchemy, now only able to make 60% and 16%. All skills, perks & apparell maxed. Now this problem, anyone got any idea whats going on?

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
You need potatoes. Bitches love potatoes.

CarrieT

Figured out my problem, thanks to user above. Checked active effects and nothing showing in there, equipped other enchanted sets and then re equipped alchemy stuff, then they finally showed up and am getting normal potions now. Hope this helps someone else :-)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts