• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Anwrise888

A very naughty naughty kinky mage....
Ok I was walking outside of Dawnstar, then I see someone shooting lighting in the distance. So me being a curious person goes and checks it out. Then I go in investigate I see alot of dead body and a vampire fighting a wolf. The are one saber tooth cat, two Vigilants of Stendarr, one old orc, a bandit and some pit wolves for some misc quest. But heres the WTF moment when I kill the stragglers and start looting the bodys, When I get to the vampire body it says..."Volkihar Vampire". I give the body a WTF look and save the game. I DO NOT EVEN HAVE THE DAWNGAURD DLC!!! WTF is going on here.

Seems like a lot of random events all spawned at once, in one place, creating some pretty sweet havoc.?

And that's just a teaser, implanted in one of the patches to subliminally keep DG on your mind. ahaa

Anwrise888

The two Vigilants of Stendarr were dead (of course), the old orc dude was dead, the badit and half his pit wolves were dead, all that were left was the vampire throwing lighting at the sabertooth and last pit wolf that were fighting each other. I would say the "female"Volkihar Vampire was winning until I rode in on Shadowmere and swiped with the Ebony Blade mounted samurai style, with my level 81 dark elf vampire. So I guess I won. ^_^

AS88

Staff member
I'm a PS3 player *sobs* and I've had to fight Volkihar Vampires before. I think you have to be a high level before they spawn though.

Sounds great though, I love it when stuff like that happens. :)

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
That sounds awesome. You can find little versions of that sometimes where they sometimes spawn at the same time in the same place... but I've never seen that many all at once :D Awesome.

Wildroses

Well, that opening post puts the time I came across a troll and two spriggans battling it out into perspective.

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
The best I seen were 2 mammoths, 2 giants, 2 dragons, 2 bears, 3 skeletons and a sabre cat. plops went down I was only about lvl 15 on master I lasted about 45 mins but in the end I got my arse served to me.

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
Ok I was walking outside of Dawnstar, then I see someone shooting lighting in the distance. So me being a curious person goes and checks it out. Then I go in investigate I see alot of dead body and a vampire fighting a wolf. The are one saber tooth cat, two Vigilants of Stendarr, one old orc, a bandit and some pit wolves for some misc quest. But heres the WTF moment when I kill the stragglers and start looting the bodys, When I get to the vampire body it says..."Volkihar Vampire". I give the body a WTF look and save the game. I DO NOT EVEN HAVE THE DAWNGAURD DLC!!! WTF is going on here.

Can someone please translate this for me? I don't understand gibberish.

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
When I get to the vampire body it says..."Volkihar Vampire". I give the body a WTF look and save the game. I DO NOT EVEN HAVE THE DAWNGAURD DLC!!! WTF is going on here.
My guess is that since the patches are universal whether or not you have the DLC, that vampire got renamed as part of the patch that came out right before Dawnguard was released. I was using the CK one random day before I had Hearthfire, and noticed references to both children's beds and single beds, whereas before I'm pretty sure there were just the single beds that the original children used.

Edit: The other day I saw an ice mage and a fire mage going at it. Both had their elemental cloaks up. It was kind of funny.

Ragnvaldr

That Canadian guy.
Can someone please translate this for me? I don't understand gibberish.

And what the hell about it was so hard to understand?

Moonwort

My guess is that since the patches are universal whether or not you have the DLC, that vampire got renamed as part of the patch that came out right before Dawnguard was released. I was using the CK one random day before I had Hearthfire, and noticed references to both children's beds and single beds, whereas before I'm pretty sure there were just the single beds that the original children used.

Edit: The other day I saw an ice mage and a fire mage going at it. Both had their elemental cloaks up. It was kind of funny.

I think Volkihar vampires were in the game well before Dawnguard but I'm not certain. I ran into them in the crypts in Solitude when I was shutting down Potema's bid to re-incarnate. I think this was around Feb or March of this year. Dawnguard may have made a story around the already existing Volkihars. I'm sure someone who knows for certain will pipe in soon...

Adam Warlock

Volkihar appear at higher levels before Dawnguard.
the difference in the volkihars AFTER Dawnguard is added is in the armor they wear,
switching from elven, orchish , or glass to the new Vampire armor

Anwrise888

Well this is good to hear. At least I know this might be normal and not the work of the deadric gods.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts