WTF?! Another Member of the Blades?!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Bira96

Yesterday I was at Nightgate Inn, a tiny isolated building somewhere in the Pale, far from any capital. I returned to let my character sleep after exploring a dungeon with a power hungry, murderous argonian mage (Don't ask) and a Videl copy-cat but surprisingly bad ass Hammerfell native. I encountered another patron that regularly goes there to drink mead, and I noticed that he had an unusual sword. Upon a quick pickpocket inspection, I found out that it was a Blade's Sword. Seriously, how did a random NPC out in the middle of nowhere, get a blade's sword?! The worst part is that there's only two dialogue options with this guy, so you can't even investigate and see if there's a deeper reason to all of it. Of course, he might be connected to the Blade's questline after killing Paarthurnax, but did anyone actually kill Paarthurnax just to make some stupid Blade's happy?

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
I killed him today. I have all the shouts and I wanted something new to do. But I have yet to see a member of the Blades that I didn't recruit.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Fultheim's possession of a Blades Sword has been a subject of speculation on forums. He's not part of any Blades' quests.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
Maybe he used to be a member of the blades, but quit when the
Thalmor started killing them. Now he just keeps his sword for remembrance of the good old days.

Clevdawg15

Maybe a looter, maybe a blades hunter ( for the thalmor of course). It would be nice to have a cool quest with him, if he was a real blade. (goes to check skyrim nexus)

lolkhajiit

Hear Me Roar!
Maybe he used to be a member of the blades, but quit when the
Thalmor started killing them. Now he just keeps his sword for remembrance of the good old days.

Carrying his blades sword for remembrance? That may not be the best idea, because what if some Thalmor saw that? He would most definitely get attacked on the spot, or taken in for "questioning".

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
Maybe it was passed down in the family. Who knows. But lolkhajiit has a point.

Maybe it was passed down in the family. Who knows. But lolkhajiit has a point.
But what buisness do the Thalmor have in the middle of nowhere? It's freezing cold, the nearest town is Stormcloak occupied, and that inn has got to be the worst in all of Skyrim! The guy there NEVER has any good food or drink on him.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
Probably looking for Talos/Stormcloak sympathiser(s)

Katastrophe

King of Tales
In my journal, I encountered him yesterday but I've heard about him before.
If you ask the innkeeper, I believe he says that that guy comes in and drinks a lot, but I believe the exact words were something like "the kinda guy that drinks to forget something."

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
that inn has got to be the worst in all of Skyrim! The guy there NEVER has any good food or drink on him.
No, the worst inn is the one in Morthal, with the terrible orc bard.

lolkhajiit

Hear Me Roar!
But what buisness do the Thalmor have in the middle of nowhere? It's freezing cold, the nearest town is Stormcloak occupied, and that inn has got to be the worst in all of Skyrim! The guy there NEVER has any good food or drink on him.

The inn is isolated, and sorta hidden. Ideal for secretive Talos worship, no? That would be the perfect place for the Thalmor to search. Besides, I see the Justiciars patrolling roads in the middle of nowhere. They have all the reasons in the world to search the inn.

The inn is isolated, and sorta hidden. Ideal for secretive Talos worship, no? That would be the perfect place for the Thalmor to search. Besides, I see the Justiciars patrolling roads in the middle of nowhere. They have all the reasons in the world to search the inn.
But why would they take to the ROADS? That is where the dangerous Stormcloaks are. If you were trying to hide your shrine of Talos, would you put it on the side of the road, or in the wilderness?

So the Thalmor, logically, search the wilderness. I'm not saying that they don't use the roads, but it would only appear so because all the random event staging areas are on the roads.

lolkhajiit

Hear Me Roar!
But why would they take to the ROADS? That is where the dangerous Stormcloaks are. If you were trying to hide your shrine of Talos, would you put it on the side of the road, or in the wilderness?

So the Thalmor, logically, search the wilderness. I'm not saying that they don't use the roads, but it would only appear so because all the random event staging areas are on the roads.

I don't think the Thalmor need to worry about a few Stormcloaks, however if there were a large number of Stormcloaks that would be a different story. Yes, I would put a shrine in the wilderness. I'm just saying that the roads would be the easiest way to get from place to place.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts