• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dvalin

We've all had to take perks like Hunter's Discipline to get to Ranger. Or my personal favorite, Cushioned, to get to Conditioning. So to honor the "worthless perks" I've decided to make one of them valid by building an entire character around it. Fists of Steel.

He's a tough hided Khajiit brawler named Mickey, and all he wants is "a new caravan fer his ma."

I would like to hear your opinions. Is unarmed combat as a primary means of combat valid?
Here's the build I've come up with. http://skyrimcalculator.com/#56127
All input is welcome :)

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
First off. A Khajiit named Mickey?
Second no perk is worthless they have their uses
Third yes Hand to Hand is a very fun way to battle... But i advise equiping a sheild
Forth Lol. Thats.... diffent lol good luck

Happy Hunting.

Jeff31

Premium Member
We've all had to take perks like Hunter's Discipline to get to Ranger. Or my personal favorite, Cushioned, to get to Conditioning. So to honor the "worthless perks" I've decided to make one of them valid by building an entire character around it. Fists of Steel.

He's a tough hided Khajiit brawler named Mickey, and all he wants is "a new caravan fer his ma."

I would like to hear your opinions. Is unarmed combat as a primary means of combat valid?
Here's the build I've come up with. http://skyrimcalculator.com/#56127
All input is welcome :)

Being unarmed would be ok at lower levles but other than that it won't work. And yes theres alot of perks that are not necessary or just obsolete. Like levling up armor if you wanted dedric armor you should't have to pick armor perks you do not wish to have and may never use in the game to begin with!

Dvalin

First off. A Khajiit named Mickey?
Second no perk is worthless they have their uses
Third yes Hand to Hand is a very fun way to battle... But i advise equiping a sheild
Forth Lol. Thats.... diffent lol good luck

Happy Hunting.
I agree they have their uses, my point was some of their uses apply to ONE very specific play style and benifit nothing else.

Dvalin

I don't get this topic. You're saying Heavy Armor perks are worthless?
No, I'm saying that in a few of the perk trees, some of the perks are so specific, that they are wasted for majority of characters. We are forced to take them anyway to get to the perk we want. But yes, my examples were from archery and heavy armor.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
oh god lol Mickey. I can't help but think of the mouse.

Useless perk? Wax Key for lock-picking. Why would you make a key for a lock that you just picked? It just doesn't make any sense. At least you can make a fun brawling character with Fist of Steel.

Dvalin

oh god lol Mickey. I can't help but think of the mouse.

Useless perk? Wax Key for lock-picking. Why would you make a key for a lock that you just picked? It just doesn't make any sense. At least you can make a fun brawling character with Fist of Steel.
Lol i forgot about wax key, if i ever went lockpicking, which i wouldn't, I would go for unbreakable and call it a day.

Edit. I think they mean if you ever come across another chest in skyrim with the same lock it automatically unlocks. How that is determined though I have no idea.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
That's exactly what I was wondering hex. It doesn't seem to make sense unless you do it and put the key back as to be a ghost?

modi

Most perks can be useful, however If I were to pick one perk tree to consider useless as a whole, I would probaly pick Alchemy. Now this is just my opinion, but there are so many potions in Skyrim that you dont truely need to only rely on the potions that you made. Because of this, there is no need to waste level up points in the Alchemy tree.

Phenom

Lol i forgot about wax key, if i ever went lockpicking, which i wouldn't, I would go for unbreakable and call it a day.
Wax keys are for players who aren't thiefs, but pick locks often. Unbreakable needs 6 perks+100 skill, Wax keys only need 4.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
I guess I can see that since i'm not a "thief" and pick locks all the time. I rather enjoy the challenge of picking one then make a wax key though. Also, does it apply to chests or only doors?

Dvalin

Most perks can be useful, however If I were to pick one perk tree to consider useless as a whole, I would probaly pick Alchemy. Now this is just my opinion, but there are so many potions in Skyrim that you dont truely need to only rely on the potions that you made. Because of this, there is no need to waste level up points in the Alchemy tree.
Much like they way you can smith or enchant better armor than you will find in a chest, with Alchemy, you can make potions that are wildly more potent than pick-up potions.

Dvalin

I guess I can see that since i'm not a "thief" and pick locks all the time. I rather enjoy the challenge of picking one then make a wax key though. Also, does it apply to chests or only doors?
Since it only refers to making a copy of a "picked lock" I would assume it works for both.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I think it's only for locks that have keys for them. Not for random chest but specific ones in which keys exist in NPCs' pockets for it.
Even when I think about it in role-playing value, wax key has to be the creepiest perk. You break into ex's home and make a copy of the key. You can get into his or her house anytime. You move the furniture around and leave multiple copies of the key all over the house. Dovahkin is a stalker.

Dvalin

I think it's only for locks that have keys for them. Not for random chest but specific ones in which keys exist in NPCs' pockets for it.
Even when I think about it in role-playing value, wax key has to be the creepiest perk. You break into ex's home and make a copy of the key. You can get into his or her house anytime. You move the furniture around and leave multiple copies of the key all over the house. Dovahkin is a stalker.
Remind me not to invite you over to Breezhome. ;) Lydia, keep an eye out for the Khajiit while I'm gone. Here, use my axe of Whiterun.