• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ZombieTrash143

Hellish rock-and-roll Freak
So we've all had them. Big or small.

What's the worst bug you've ever experienced in the game?

tonj

Master of Distraction
I would have to say the apparent "one time use" Black Book used to access Miraak's temple. I made the mistake of leaving before I killed him and now the stupid book just lays there in my inventory doing nothing, all the while Miraak stalks me all over Skyrim, jacking all my dragon souls just to be a dick. This bug, although kind of Dragonborn expansion game breaking, isn't the most annoying, that honor goes to the Night Mother and her creepy coffin of crashing. Every time I climbed in there with her I'd have to hear her raspy whisper and stare at her half mummified head that's all flopped to one side. Then the scene goes dark, and stays dark, like forever.

ZombieTrash143

I had that night mother bug!! It was HORRIBLE. They fixed it in the new patch though :D Thank fluff.

Worst one I ever had was (and still is) Not being able to get big jobs in The Thieves Guild and getting the same small quests all the time (Whiterun and Riften). I can't get the achievement for becoming Guild Master because of it. :sadface:

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
The second time I played Dawnguard I was to search for 2 recruits a woman and a guy im sure his name was Gunmar or something, well I got the woman then went for him but no quest marker so I looked on net and searched around 10 bloody caves and just anywhere he could be he wasn't anywhere at all didn't exist. I was 100 hours into this build and the dawnguard quests were the main part of my roleplay so that build went out the window, when u play a Vampire hunter kind of defeats the purpose if u cant do Dawnguard :sadface:. Im just glad my 800 hour character never had any real problems though :)

Wildroses

I rate worst bugs as: Bugs which pissed me off the most.

First has got to be that daedric quest in Dawnstar to stop the bad dreams. I had the one in which you crashed to desktop and lost all your progress if you saved. I had auto-save on. I'd never heard of this bug. I had to re-do that quest SO MANY TIMES! It took me so long to figure out what was going on. And I did 'need' to do it, giving up wasn't an option for me. You need to do that quest if you want the Jarl to sell you land or Erandur as a follower (Erandur is one of my favourites. Erandur Y U NO marriable?).

Second is another daedric quest. I was pretty pissed off at Meridia deciding once I'd cleansed her temple that she didn't have to take care not to drop me from a great height and kill me. I had to do the boss fight three times. Now I always activate god mode when I finish that quest.

Third is the bug where Vekel the Man rewards you for doing the quest: "Toying with the Dead" by saying: "Here's something I obtained legally"... and then gives you nothing at all. Pretty minor bug in the scheme of things, but good heavens it enraged me. Toying with the Dead is the quest where you go and collect the journals of the necromancer who decides necrophilia is the best thing ever. If your PC is female, he says before he attacks in this pleased tone: "Ah! Another plaything for my collection." To say this enraged me is putting it mildly. The fact I got nothing for this quest makes me feel like Vekel is going: "Here's something I obtained legally as payment...Oh wait... This is the Thieves Guild. We don't obtain anything legally! Ha ha you sucker! You just let yourself get looked over by a guy who thought you would be a worthy addition to his harem for nothing at all!" Vekel, you are a complete and total jerk and I hate you. But I hear 1.9 fixed that bug, at least.

ZombieTrash143

I rate worst bugs as: Bugs which pissed me off the most.

First has got to be that daedric quest in Dawnstar to stop the bad dreams. I had the one in which you crashed to desktop and lost all your progress if you saved. I had auto-save on. I'd never heard of this bug. I had to re-do that quest SO MANY TIMES! It took me so long to figure out what was going on. And I did 'need' to do it, giving up wasn't an option for me. You need to do that quest if you want the Jarl to sell you land or Erandur as a follower (Erandur is one of my favourites. Erandur Y U NO marriable?).
That one was a huge one for me too!!!! 1.9 fixed that also. Thank fluff! Going to FINALLY get it done tonight :)

EDIT:

Just read that 1.9 also fixed that Toying with the Dead one also ;)

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
When my follower attack me for no reason. Serana did it about 4 times while she was with me and Lydia did a couple of times. I was pissed and confused. Pacify did not work on the freaking Serana but Lydia. With Serana, I had to reload the game. :mad:

Louis Letush making copies of himself outside Whiterun Stables (now fixed).

Not wanting to pick up a book in case it was a quest idea and couldn't be dropped.

Getting stuck in mining mode and not being able to close the cut screen.

Uttering Hills Cave without a leader but just an arrow pointing in mid air.

The game just freezing for no apparent reason....the worst.

Orcs Are Your Friends

Burz gro-Khash Is My Hero.
The "worst" bug (or one that annoys me the most) is when I fast travel to Winterhold, 90% of the time a random dead horse spawns out of the blue, with its leg twitching.

Freaks me out every single time. I take it as a sign of bad omen.

Sheuneux

Guardian of Talos Worship
The "worst" bug (or one that annoys me the most) is when I fast travel to Winterhold, 90% of the time a random dead horse spawns out of the blue, with its leg twitching.

Freaks me out every single time. I take it as a sign of bad omen.

Sheogorath playing tricks on you.

Reactions: Vex

JClarke1953

Arcwind Point for a Shout Word. It never leaves your Miscellaneous quest section, thereby denying you anymore Word location's. And no more courier's either. The only way to possibly get by is to make a save sometime before you visit Arngier, revert back to the save if you're given Arcwind, and try again, or go on, do another quest and hope you get another location.

Bethesda has known of this since last February, and it's still there.

And No, I've not dl'd the "patch/fix", and actually don't see that I will in the near future. Bethesda has again, put out something that seems to worsen our game playing experience rather than improving it.

JClarke1953

When my follower attack me for no reason. Serana did it about 4 times while she was with me and Lydia did a couple of times. I was pissed and confused. Pacify did not work on the freaking Serana but Lydia. With Serana, I had to reload the game. :mad:

I don't know when or how it was put in (maybe it was there already?), but friendly fire could well be the cause, although you mention no "reason". Whenever a follower hits one of my Dremora Lord's, they go after the follower until I re-cast them. And I've had a follower to two turn on me, or threaten me if I hit them again.
So, I let my Lord's and follower do the fighting, and I use Shout's on whatever opponent we're up against.

Finnsson

Prince of Denmark
Even after all of these patches, some blood dragons still refuse to surrender their souls to me, not to mention how often they seem to attack. By the Nine, I'm level 81. Blood dragons should not be popping up all the time!

Shadow King said:
The second time I played Dawnguard I was to search for 2 recruits a woman and a guy im sure his name was Gunmar or something, well I got the woman then went for him but no quest marker so I looked on net and searched around 10 bloody caves and just anywhere he could be he wasn't anywhere at all didn't exist. I was 100 hours into this build and the dawnguard quests were the main part of my roleplay so that build went out the window, when u play a Vampire hunter kind of defeats the purpose if u cant do Dawnguard :sadface:. Im just glad my 800 hour character never had any real problems though

I had that problem once. After searching nearly all of Skyrim I gave up and went to Solstheim for a netch hunt (hunting netch relaxes me). What do I see when I arrive in Raven Rock? A quest marker. Gunmar was on Horker Island the whole time... :mad:

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Mine, and I'm not sure if it's a bug, is that, I'll clean out a fort or something of necromancers, but it never says cleared, and, even if it does, when I come back 10 minutes later... They're baaaack!!!! Now I don't mind refighting them, but, every friggin' time I want to use that enchanter I have to fight my way through again...

Another one that just creeps me out is that I have a dead skeever floating a foot off the ground on the road in the Whiterun, right outside the stables. It's just creepy, and frankly, I want nothing to do with skeevers. Can't believe people actually roast and eat them... Yuck.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
I don't know when or how it was put in (maybe it was there already?), but friendly fire could well be the cause, although you mention no "reason". Whenever a follower hits one of my Dremora Lord's, they go after the follower until I re-cast them. And I've had a follower to two turn on me, or threaten me if I hit them again.
So, I let my Lord's and follower do the fighting, and I use Shout's on whatever opponent we're up against.

Yeah, but for example, with Serana happened that we were heading into Blackreach ( we were on the cave still facing the freaking giants worm and falmers where the rock trap is ) and she was hit by one of the rocks and started to attack me; what the f ... I said, she is not still my wife and she is getting on my nerve with her bad female temper ? To the heck with it I said ! For a second I wanted to reply to her and show her who was the boss and stronger but because I did not expect that kind of rage toward me, I decided to reload the game ... with the decision in my mind that if she would do it again, then I will face her and have her kneel in front of me begging for mercy ... probably she wanted me to be sadist with her but I am a gentlemen, well, kind of ... lol ... perhaps she wanted to be whipped ... lol ... tell me please if that is not a crazy behavior on her part for no reason ?
I did not deserve that at all. Anytime she was complaining about the sunlight, believe me, I was always getting inside a cave for hours to make her feel OK but she forgets very fast all the good things I’ve done for her .... typical on women I guess ... lol ... how badass I am ... lol... :eek:

Vex

Master Nightblade
I had that night mother bug!! It was HORRIBLE. They fixed it in the new patch though :D Thank fluff.

Worst one I ever had was (and still is) Not being able to get big jobs in The Thieves Guild and getting the same small quests all the time (Whiterun and Riften). I can't get the achievement for becoming Guild Master because of it. :sadface:

What you can do is take a bedlam job from Delvin Mallory AND a sweep job from Vex, once you find out the city they're to take place in, either quit one or both until the city matches up for both jobs. It'll count as 2/5 jobs completed per city. You basically kill two birds with one stone and avoid having to make extra trips around Skyrim. For every 5 small jobs completed in Whiterun, Solitude, Riften and Windhelm you unlock a corresponding "big quest". Once all 5 major quests have been completed, voila, you're the new Guild Master of the Thieves Guild. Plus you'll receive some nicely leveled Guild Masters Armor from Tonilia.

Back on topic:

The worst bug is when your jump-climbing a mountain and you get sucked into some obscure ridge in the cliffs where you cannot move or jump to get out thus causing you to reload your last save and lose your recent progress. Also, I'm not sure if it's really a bug, but for awhile my Skyrim disc would refuse to load up my highest leveled character and would just be stuck at the loading screen, the animations would move and switch but the loading screen never allowed me to begin playing. Thankfully it's stopped but it was quite irritating for awhile.

Does the safe ever appear in the Ragged Flagon Cistern? I must have done 125 jobs for Vex and Delvin. What's in the safe when you get it?

Is Helga's Bunkhouse still bugged? The arrow points halfway up the outside wall.

DarkObliskTower

Dulist kingdom
A glitch were you try to go through a doo into a house a inn or something else and the game just keeps on loading

tonj

Master of Distraction
I couldn't remember the quest for this one so I didn't mention it, but this one INFURIATED me. I had to do it over and over and over until I figured out the problem.

Also, since I'm a bit on the OCD side, the quest journal bugs drive me insane. I have several quests which are complete yet never disappear from my quest log, such as "collect bounty money from Skal" "Bring a dragon bone to Esbern" and still more quests like "Kill the bandit leader located at Uttering Hills Camp" and "Bring the Chronicles of Nchuleft to Urag" that cannot be completed because over ambitious me happened to clear those places prior to picking up the quests. It is a visual eye raping every time I scan my Misc quests log, and although minor, it still aggravates the crap out of me.

The hoarder in me also dies a little inside every time a unique item I've collected somehow vanishes (like my dragon priest masks, or the Forge Master's Fingers) either from my storage containers or through the mysterious portal that is the floors in my houses haha. But the worst thing is forgetting to pick up Volendrung after Malacath's Daedra quest, which isn't really a bug but rather a poor method of delivering the reward since I never even saw the thing.

ZombieTrash143

What you can do is take a bedlam job from Delvin Mallory AND a sweep job from Vex, once you find out the city they're to take place in, either quit one or both until the city matches up for both jobs. It'll count as 2/5 jobs completed per city. You basically kill two birds with one stone and avoid having to make extra trips around Skyrim. For every 5 small jobs completed in Whiterun, Solitude, Riften and Windhelm you unlock a corresponding "big quest". Once all 5 major quests have been completed, voila, you're the new Guild Master of the Thieves Guild. Plus you'll receive some nicely leveled Guild Masters Armor from Tonilia.

I made a post on the Skyrim Help topic about it, it'll explain more. But I can't get the big jobs. He won't give them to me. I've been doing all the small jobs for months now and all I've got is the Whiterun job lol I'v e been taking at least 2 small jobs from them everytime I play... Which is a lot! lol

I was FINALLY able to finish Waking Nightmare last night :) Thank you 1.9!

Although there's this glitch now where a random dragon body is just sitting in Whiterun.... Quite inconvenient!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts