• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Worst ingredient? I thought you would all know....
Jarrin Root. Duh.
:p

With the correct alchemy perks, a poison made with the root can have a magnitude of over 3000 points. Or it can be made to create a poison with five effects.

That little root is a mean son of a bitch.

Chadonraz

I'd say Lavender. It has zero effects that I use/need, and the potions it can be used for aren't very valuable. I only ever use it until I discover all of its effects, and then never touch it again. :p

As for mushrooms, Mora Tapinella is awesome. Lingering Damage Health is a fairly common effect, and it's also insanely useful. Plus those potions sell for quite a bit. :D

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Daedra Heart... it's a much better smithing component.

Giant Lichen, btw, if you are in to poisons, can be combined with Skeever Tail (common) and Deathbell (extremely common) to create a really nasty poison that I use often. Damage health/ravage health and (key) weakness to poison.

Last edited:

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
I'd say Lavender. It has zero effects that I use/need, and the potions it can be used for aren't very valuable. I only ever use it until I discover all of its effects, and then never touch it again. :p

As for mushrooms, Mora Tapinella is awesome. Lingering Damage Health is a fairly common effect, and it's also insanely useful. Plus those potions sell for quite a bit. :D

Lavender is pretty bad. I tend to gather it early in the game when I'm struggling for money but then after a little while it isn't really worth 0.1 carry weight to me

On my current game (sneaky archer) I've been trying out poisons a lot more and lingering damage health is great! The ingredients aren't that common but there's just enough around that I've never ran out, and eventually when I got the perk green thumb, a garden and greenhouse it was pretty easy

Giant Lichen, btw, if you are in to poisons, can be combined with Skeever Tail (common) and Deathbell (extremely common) to create a really nasty poison that I use often. Damage health/ravage health and (key) weakness to poison.

I have no idea what daedra heart does as an ingredient because there's no chance I'm using such a rare ingredient for alchemy!

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that poison out tomorrow. I imagine that's going to do a big chunk of damage? I'll find out!

On the topic of giant lichen it must be the most difficult ingredient to spot. Grass pod and jazbay can be hard to notice too, but giant lichen is a nightmare

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies

Lavender is pretty bad. I tend to gather it early in the game when I'm struggling for money but then after a little while it isn't really worth 0.1 carry weight to me

On my current game (sneaky archer) I've been trying out poisons a lot more and lingering damage health is great! The ingredients aren't that common but there's just enough around that I've never ran out, and eventually when I got the perk green thumb, a garden and greenhouse it was pretty easy

I have no idea what daedra heart does as an ingredient because there's no chance I'm using such a rare ingredient for alchemy!

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that poison out tomorrow. I imagine that's going to do a big chunk of damage? I'll find out!

On the topic of giant lichen it must be the most difficult ingredient to spot. Grass pod and jazbay can be hard to notice too, but giant lichen is a nightmare

Giant lichen is all over the place around Morthal. Check around the base of the buildings. There are also many, many samples in the surrounding marshes but they are, as you pointed out, very hard to spot in the wild. They are growable so if you have Hearthfire you could plant them in the garden and/or greenhouse along with deathbell, that way you only really need to worry about gathering skeever tail.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts