• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mad-God Rigamortis TuDoap

Rogue Extraordinaire
Good Day Adventurers, I recently discovered that wood chopping can be extremely exciting. I play on PS3 and one of the trophies is "Hard Worker" which you must a) make food, b) mine ore and c) chop some wood. I know this doesn't sound as invigorating as of all the other things you can accomplish, but it is... I was in Riften chopping away at some wood for my trophy, not realizing every time you successfully cleave the logs in half it adds 10 pounds to your inventory in logs. Becoming over in-cumbered I did what anyone else would do, discard them. Discarding the wood resulted in half the community of Riften turning up to pick up the discarded wood (lazy bastards), which quickly escalated into a huge brawl between about 5 citizens, leaving 2 dead. Each shouting various things about "seeing it first" or "It's mine." Just be precautionary where you chop your wood and who's around. When the citizens die in the game it can result in loss of quests or other things. Keep your wood to yourselves.

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
hahahahahah, that's hilarious!!! now I'll have to try that when I get home from my real job

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
Sounds like the citizens of Riften... *puts on sunglasses* ...were barking up the wrong tree.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Stone

Retired Moderator
Good Day Adventurers, I recently discovered that wood chopping can be extremely exciting. I play on PS3 and one of the trophies is "Hard Worker" which you must a) make food, b) mine ore and c) chop some wood. I know this doesn't sound as invigorating as of all the other things you can accomplish, but it is... I was in Riften chopping away at some wood for my trophy, not realizing every time you successfully cleave the logs in half it adds 10 pounds to your inventory in logs. Becoming over in-cumbered I did what anyone else would do, discard them. Discarding the wood resulted in half the community of Riften turning up to pick up the discarded wood (lazy bastards), which quickly escalated into a huge brawl between about 5 citizens, leaving 2 dead. Each shouting various things about "seeing it first" or "It's mine." Just be precautionary where you chop your wood and who's around. When the citizens die in the game it can result in loss of quests or other things. Keep your wood to yourselves.
I must say, that does sound really cool. They must of been peasant-equivalent to want to steal wood though. :s

brandon

im gonna have to try that in all the cities now. see how many people will fight over firewood. maybe theyll make a new achievement called robinhood or something.

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
I had to attack one of the Companions to get them to leave me alone.

I accidentally picked up a bowl inside a tomb, promptly discarding it on the floor... BIG MISTAKE.

Every 2 minutes I was being interupted by one of the Companions telling me I had dropped something and did I want it back.. thing is, I didn't get a sodding choice. In the end I had to FUS RO DAH him away as he tried to hand it to me again.

Another reason I refuse to take followers with me...

brandon

I had to attack one of the Companions to get them to leave me alone.

I accidentally picked up a bowl inside a tomb, promptly discarding it on the floor... BIG MISTAKE.

Every 2 minutes I was being interupted by one of the Companions telling me I had dropped something and did I want it back.. thing is, I didn't get a sodding choice. In the end I had to FUS RO DAH him away as he tried to hand it to me again.

Another reason I refuse to take followers with me...
yeah i had someone in riverwood tell me that after i killed the dragon there and dropped a greatsword cause i was overencumbered.

brandon

I must say, that does sound really cool. They must of been peasant-equivalent to want to steal wood though. :s
he did say it was riften thats not excatcly the richest city in skyrim

Mad-God Rigamortis TuDoap

Rogue Extraordinaire
Thanks for the feedback everyone, any other incidents I will be having, which many occur, I will also post about. A lot of strange things happen in Skyrim that continue to amaze me even 100+ hours into the game.

brandon

That is so neat. It is a wow moment for me.

I mean, how do they come up with this?
i just smacked my computer cause of your bug. lol lack of sleep and not paying attention are to blame.