Windhelm house is awesome!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Thallik the Orc

Blacksmith
Windhelm is a beautiful city! The wintery atmosphere and cobblestone buildings epitomize the true Skyrim city.

Tara

Windhelm is a big, dark, depressing maze of a city to me. D:

And it doesn't help that the Nords there act like arrogant and racist jerks toward the poor dark elves, just because they don't want any part in the war.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Windhelm is a big, dark, depressing maze of a city to me. D:

And it doesn't help that the Nords there act like arrogant and racist jerks toward the poor dark elves, just because they don't want any part in the war.

It's just karmic reprisal for Elder Scrolls III, where most dark elves acted like arrogant racist jerks.

Scar

Redneck DragonBorn Nord
Isn't the "Burcher" quest in Windhelm? Not the best city in the game, Solitude is one of my favs along with Whiterun.

Yukari Yakumo

The Countless Violet Clouds
Riften has the best house. I love Honeyside
Tiny though.

Love Hjerim and Windhelm.
Great house, smithing amenities, several merchants all grouped together, a fence, extra enchanting table; Love it.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Heirem won't be my city. It creeps me out to live in the city where a mass murderer was.

I like the house in Solitude better. 3 floors with your own servant quarters and smelter type thing. The first time I went in there, it was barren and Jordis said to me, Need anything? IT WAS MY HOUSE!!!

KC95

Hjerim is awesome but like other says, Windhelm sucks. I dislike the entire NE region of Skyrim, its snowy and depressing. It negatively affects people. I basically agree with that sailor on the Windhelm docks. He was spot on.

Is it true that the house you can buy in Solitude is buggy and is dangerous to store items in?

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
It's just karmic reprisal for Elder Scrolls III, where most dark elves acted like arrogant racist jerks.
The only people that are allowed to be racist jerk are the Altmer because they're fun.

StellaLuna

I have a seething hatred for that house. It was unbelievably buggy for me. The quest to get it was buggy, the house is buggy, even the stupid Housecarl is buggy. I mean, the lighting, the furniture sticking out of furniture that I had to manually delete, the way the house would reset the cobwebs after I cleaned all of it out... Urghh, drove me nuts.

I actually used console commands to get it, since its location was so convenient (Loading screenless access to a smith, a fence, and several vendors and there's a nearby alchemy shop). That was just it. Windhelm is far from being my favorite city... Dunno why I bothered. Moved to Solitude when the display case ate my dagger :sadface: It was fun rubbing it in the racist Nords faces though. A Dark Elf (Who conquered the city for the Imperials and shouted Ulfric to death, cus it made for a better story) now lives in a mansion, in the wealthiest part of town :D

Aquillus

Solitude by far is my favorite as well. That might just be because Imperial is my favorite race, and it reminds me of "home" (Cyrodiil). Plus, it has a ton of storage :p as I like to separate items by type. (Ingredients, weapons, armor/clothing, soul gems etc). Maybe I'd try the other houses if storage wasn't such a big factor. Thanks Bethesda for taking out the category division in chests... :mad:

Dragon Kin

Dovah Fen Ni Dii
Solitude by far is my favorite as well. That might just be because Imperial is my favorite race, and it reminds me of "home" (Cyrodiil). Plus, it has a ton of storage :p as I like to separate items by type. (Ingredients, weapons, armor/clothing, soul gems etc). Maybe I'd try the other houses if storage wasn't such a big factor. Thanks Bethesda for taking out the category division in chests... :mad:

Proudspire Manor actually has poor storage for its size and price. If u look at the houses on the usep website it shows each houses storage and how many weapon racks, armor stands etc and there are two or three that best Proudspire. I believe the Markarth and Windhelm houses are better in that department. RP wise Proudspire is awesome cause your living in a mansion haha. I like my basement in Honeyside that has all displays to show off my trophies

KritikalPT

In terms of storage space, Hjerim has the most of all the other houses, and it doesn't cost much, while Proudspire Manor is the most expensive but is third in terms of storage space, with Vlindrel Hall in second place. Also, with the money you use to buy the house in Solitude, you can buy both the one in Windhelm and the one in Markarth.

Its a great house for sure, although not nearly as accessible as Breezehome. That's an issue I have personally with all homes in Skyrim, since I dont fast travel.

tvJefe

My permanent residence is definitely Honeyside. It's quaint and I love it. My wife is there, although I'm sure she would prefer to live in Solitude. Maybe I will move her there just to make her happy.

But last night I moved the majority of my weapons and armor into Hjerim. I love all the display cases and the mannequins. (Guild Masters Armor, Ancient Shrouded, and all my Nightingale weapons are still at Honeyside)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts