Will we ever see a single player only ES again?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DuhSkyrim

Elder Scrolls Online is fast approaching and I was wondering, would they ever release a single player Elder Scrolls again? I ask because with online, we will have to play online, I don't think there's a single player option, so what about those people who just want a single player game? Will they just have to stick with Skyrim and past ES games? I can't see that being bad, but I can see some people being annoyed over it. What do you think?

TJ0331

Nords forever
I think they will still do single player games again. They are probably working on a new fallout right now and after that I'm sure they will do another elder scrolls.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
Yes, there will be. TESO is not the end of The Elder Scrolls series; in fact, TESO is not even being developed by Bethesda. The next game our beloved developers will (most likely, judging by past trends) crank out next will be Fallout 4, followed by another Fallout, this time done by Obsidian, then finally we will see TES: VI. That's what happened in the past--Fallout 3, then Fallout: New Vegas (by Obsidian, not Bethesda), then Skyrim.

Then again, that's a lot of speculation. What I do know is that Zenimax is in charge of TESO, not Bethesda, and the MMO does not signal the death toll for The Elder Scrolls series. We will see another single player TES game in the future.

BlueTiger

I think they will still do single player games again. They are probably working on a new fallout right now and after that I'm sure they will do another elder scrolls.

This is what I think. I believe they're main focus will be on the next Fallout game. After that is finished, I'm sure they will begin work on the next single player ES game for next gen consoles. They might even have some ideas for the game already, but I doubt they've started production.

FushRoDahhh

Of course they'll do single player games. They can't drop that off the chain and just focus on the elder scrolls online. They could do that, but many people would be furious. Not everyone likes to play online and Bethesda knows this. It will be another 5 years before we'll get a sequel to Skyrim, a true single player sequel.

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
Yes, of course. They never said they would only go for online games from now on. I am absolutely sure we will see the next TES (and Fallout) game on PS4, Xbox One (lol Ubuntu One thieves) as well as computers.

They would be really stupid if they didn't.

I'm really excited for TESO, but I don't think I'm gonna buy it if it doesn't have a single-player feature. I can just tell it is going to be over-populated with trolls and hackers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts