will there ever be a DLC that resolves the Thalmor situation

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
It would be nice, but that might be another game entirely

Shavon Black

I finally finished the main quest yesterday (between being in college and getting sidetracked with side quests, it sure took awhile!), and I must say I am very underwhelmed at the lack of resolution with the Thalmor's role in everything.

It would be nice, but that might be another game entirely

I tend to agree with this. Considering that the Altmeri Dominion was powerful enough to force the Empire into an uneasy treaty, and that the only opposition to...not the Thalmor...but the Empire's acceptance of Thalmor...is the Stormcloak Rebellion, it doesn't seem feasible to me that the issue could be resolved in a DLC. Its simply too large and all encompassing of an issue.

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
Agreeing with the posts above, there is more than enough material ready to be used to create another Elder scrolls game but I would much prefer having the situation resolved in Skyrim. But for now I will continue to hunt Thalmor agents by baiting them by wearing a Talos amulet after which I will then kill them without incurring a bounty. Easy murder :)

Benthos

Proud Mer
How about just having DLC that has you to join forces with a group like the Blades to infiltrate the Thalmor Embassy and a couple of other places (like a couple of random dungeons treated for the DLC for their hide outs) and conquer the area, it's not likely we'll be remaining in Skyrim in the next Elder Scrolls, I feel it would be nice to have a DLC drive them out of Skyrim like how they were driven out of Hammerfell.

But anyway, the next Elder Scrolls might be at the Black Marsh or Elsweyr. Expect it to be bigger, better, and longer than Skyrim but also expect it to take much longer to make. I hope the Argonians and Khajit will look even cooler now and there will be more character models/features to choose from. Perhaps a place where Falmer aren't the condition they are now?

I would really like a DLC that resolves the problem and there are some hints by npcs that there might be another war
There will be a DLC for it in skyrim even i prefer the idea of an entire game and you will see the details it will be the 5th DLC though it is just a rumor.

Don Fatshine

Daedric Servant
How about just having DLC that has you to join forces with a group like the Blades to infiltrate the Thalmor Embassy and a couple of other places (like a couple of random dungeons treated for the DLC for their hide outs) and conquer the area, it's not likely we'll be remaining in Skyrim in the next Elder Scrolls, I feel it would be nice to have a DLC drive them out of Skyrim like how they were driven out of Hammerfell.

But anyway, the next Elder Scrolls might be at the Black Marsh or Elsweyr. Expect it to be bigger, better, and longer than Skyrim but also expect it to take much longer to make. I hope the Argonians and Khajit will look even cooler now and there will be more character models/features to choose from. Perhaps a place where Falmer aren't the condition they are now?

I agree. It seems like the Beast races don't get any attention.

Benthos

Proud Mer
I agree. It seems like the Beast races don't get any attention.
That or negative attention, it doesn't help either race's image when they have mostly those who are affiliated with the negative. Jaree-Ra tries some serious backstabbing methods as well as his sister, then there's Keerava who was affiliated with the Thieves Guild, very few are able to be looked upon positively. When I read into Madesi's profile at the Skyrim Wikia, I felt bad for the guy because he's a hard working individual who isn't treated very fairly especially by Grelka who works next to him.
That's just with the Argonians, look at the Khajit, not even allowed within city limits except if you have a Khajit character but that's because you're the Dragonborn/messenger. Otherwise they wouldn't let you in at all, then there's the letters and books which prove that most of the treatment of them being thieves turn out to be true which harms some of them like Kharjo.