Will the Lore work in TES Online?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I was wondering if any "Lore Savy" people could answer this.

I'm not really sure where in the 2nd Era this would take place, and I'm having a problem trying to locate information other than "2000 years before Skyrim"

Is it somewhere in the 4th centry of the 2nd Era where the Darkbrotherhood was first formed and the Emperor was killed? And where ever it is does it work right?

Sevrin

It's an MMO. The lore and story won't matter as long as there are always people to give you more useless pig-killing or fetch quests. "2000 years before Skyrim" is likely as detailed as it needs to be.

Chryss

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I'm not really sure where in the 2nd Era this would take place, and I'm having a problem trying to locate information other than "2000 years before Skyrim"
It doesn't take place 2,000 years before Skyrim. People have been saying this because they incorrectly assume that each Era was a 1,000 years. Skyrim takes place at the beginning of the third century of the Fourth Era, the Third Era lasted less than 500 years and the Second Era was 900 years.
Is it somewhere in the 4th centry of the 2nd Era where the Darkbrotherhood was first formed and the Emperor was killed?
In the teaser trailer the narrator states that the Imperial Throne sits empty so if I were to hazard a guess I would say it takes place in the early Fifth Century when the Second Empire ends with assassination of the entire Imperial line by the Morag Tog (~430).

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I believe this is what you are looking for:

Elder Scrolls Online Faction Profile: Daggerfall Covenant - The Elder Scrolls Online - PC -
Home - www.GameInformer.com
It's kind of funny, but that article is the one I read that made me wonder about it lol. It just seemed kind of vague. Maybe I missed something I guess.

It's an MMO. The lore and story won't matter as long as there are always people to give you more useless pig-killing or fetch quests. "2000 years before Skyrim" is likely as detailed as it needs to be.
well, just thought I'd ask.

In the teaser trailer the narrator states that the Imperial Throne sits empty so if I were to hazard a guess I would say it takes place in the early Fifth Century when the Second Empire ends with assassination of the entire Imperial line by the Morag Tog (~430).
Thx for the insight.