Will my followers stay equipped?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I've always stuck with Marcurio, a Mage character, but I thought I wanted a sword and shield follower lately. I have a question though. Marcurio is equipped with enchanted legendary Dragonscale armour and named weapons. Will they stay on him if I send him back to the tavern, or will he be wiped clean?

Golgo_SPB

he will keep them in his inventory until you get it back from him. he will be back in his ordinary gear after some certain time when you visit him at the tavern.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
They should stay on him. Sometimes however, you have to ask your follower to exchange items, take one of the items you've given him/her away and give it back to get them to equip everything back on themselves (when you return to them to make them follow you again). Your follower will automatically equip the best items they have when you do this, and I've never had anything disappear on a follower after I've given it to them.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
... I dunno about that. I would just strip him clean before releasing him. Just keep his gear in a separate container in one of your homes. Better safe than sorry.

Golgo_SPB

well I've used faendel as a temporary "home" it's been months in my game and he still has the stuff I gave him.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
... And I swear I had Jenassa automatically replaced by one of the Companions and when I returned to her after the quest in The Drunken Huntsman, she was no longer wearing what she had when she was dismissed. All that she had that was mine was gone. *shrug*

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Yes. I agree with Golgo. Unless your game has a glitch issue your followers never lose the equipment you give them. I've outfitted several followers, including Lydia and Uthgerd the Unbroken. Even after making them Blades they still had everything I gave them.

Golgo_SPB

lol she played you man! she sold all your stuff! just kidding, that does suck though. I never tried it with the followers that need to be paid for before.

Morgan

They usually change back to their base gear a little while after you release them, but they have always kept anything I gave them in their inv. I don't use them as warehouses, but I usually make sure every former follower has a set of improved gear so if I need someone in a hurry, I can grab them and they're ready to go. No one has ever lost their gear in any of my files.

Golgo_SPB

So you still see Faendal strutting around Riverwood in clothing other than his base gear?
oh no he usually goes back to his normal clothes when I leave him at his home, but he still has all the stuff I gave him in his inventory when I come back to get something from him.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts