Why would anybody want to hurt a child?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Would you hurt a child in Skyrim?

• No, of course not!

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Yes, I would....

Votes: 14 70.0%

• Total voters

Speech500

Well you kill everyone in a town to erase bounty. But there remains one. Little. Child. I go home thinking I am fine to hear "you have committed crimes against skyrim and her people"

iLouis

Psst...I know who you are. Hail Sithis!
Frodnor. Little dick. Just a game, don't read too far into it-also hate how you can't kill everyone because the will witness a crime too ^^^like above me said

Iceman_mat

Not to support the killing / hurting / abuse of childeren but to possible explain why people are complaining I submit the following.

I would say the reason for the complaint (possibly) is not so much that you want to kill / hurt / abuse childeren but more the fact that it is an option. In the game of Skyrim you are given the option of do whatever you want. You could say that the inability to hurt / abuse / kill children puts limits on a limitless world.

Before you start with the omg etc I will provide an example of this:

After trying my friends character out it came to a point were I had to head home, before heading home it was decided to kill every living thing on the map (dogs, people, chickens, jarls, etc). True this could be explained as psychotic however we wanted to see who you could kill / remove permently from the world of skyrim. What the result showed was 1) Persons who are part of quests - don't die 2) everyone else does 3) Childeren are unhurtable, period. Spells / weapons / shouts, nothing works on them.

People that complain most likely see this as a game limiter. Of course there are some who may just go around hurting kids which is a wtf. Even if it did let me kill everyone in skyrim, something just doesn't feel right about doing it to a kid, babette arguement aside. Perhaps that's why they are unhurtable and people should relize that, just a thought.

-Cheers

Speech500

All things change with time. Why would they try to stop players hurting kids? Their all busy playing skyrim!

Xiomn

Who wouldn't want to escape reality and hurt kids. You can role-play a necromancer in Skyrim and reanimate dead bodies. Could possibly create future Ted Bundy's? :eek:

Phenom

all lives are equal. end of story.

This.

Honestly, I think not being able to kill children is just silly. This is a roleplay game and all aspects of roleplay should be applied. You can slit people's throats, slice people's heads off, pillage towns, and a bunch of other brutal things on here, but killing children is the red button? It's okay for games like Grand Theft Auto and Saints Row to blow up millions of people to complete a mission, but it's wrong for a game that's suspposed to make sense to make children with an invicible HP bar for no reason. I don't even see the point of children even BEING in the game, most of the are parentless and they just run around the village constantly until the player comes so they can share pointless wisdom. I actually saw a Redgaurd couple with a white child! WTF! So that's how you know the creators don't care for their children program. Plus, I even played JRPGs that were E rated that allowed you or other enemies to kill children(Ex. Fire Emblem), why not this game? And to those claiming that it's immoral... IT'S A FREAKING VIDEO GAME! None of the characters on it are real! You don't see people wanting to kill children in real life in the same sense of not seeing Grand Theft Auto players actually stealing a real car.

Swordsmansmith

Why? Ill tell you why! Because that little bastard at dragons reach says I've come to lick his fathers boots! How dare you! You imputent little brat! I am the listener! I am death come calling!

KayO199X

I have to be honest.

It's almost like Bethesda was taunting aspiring childkillers when the wrote Nelkir and Braith's diologue...

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I know that the ability to kill the children of the game would add nothing at all to my own playing experience. I also wonder if this ability was added to the game, there would be a lot of very unpleasant press. I know that any press is a good thing mostly, but in this case, I'm sure modders will release something and Bethesda's hands will remain clean.

Speech500

If bethseda just made it so that kids don't monitor mounts, so if I kill everyone but the kid, my bounty goes

Metas

Redguard Battlemage

I believe the good die young...kill them now before they grow up to become a part of the civil war or a bandit or a vampire etc.

it is morally wrong to kill anybody but i agree w/speech you cant fully erase a bounty til that little bastard is eating dirt while the dragonborn is standing over him bounty-less

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
every child would die...