• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

CaptMorgan72

At least during the events in Skyrim, these gods are nowhere to be found. They have no interaction with mortals unlike the daedra lords. All of my characters have had help and interactions with many daedra lords. At least these beings are communicating with us and giving aid in return for our service. I see the Vigilants of Stendarr wandering around preaching about their god and demonizing daedra lords. I have never had communion with Stendarr but have with many daedra lords and received their help. I don't see what is so evil about the daedra. What they do is no different than what the mortals do.

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
Well the divines have never intervened in the lives of mortals, it's just how they operate. Daedra however exploit the weaknesses of mortals so that's why they always communicate and have a presence on Tamriel. Basically the divines trust in the faith of mortals so they stay out of their lives

UnfaithfulServant

Silence, my brother...
Just going to put this out there,

This is a false universe so anything is able to exist :p

CaptMorgan72

Well the divines have never intervened in the lives of mortals, it's just how they operate. Daedra however exploit the weaknesses of mortals so that's why they always communicate and have a presence on Tamriel. Basically the divines trust in the faith of mortals so they stay out of their lives

All of the dealings my characters have had with the daedra lords have been beneficial to them. Many of my characters have sworn allegiance to multiple lords so I guess when they die the lords will have to fight for their souls if in fact they can claim them. So why worship the divines if they don't help you? At least the daedra empower you. Even if you have to serve them in the afterlife, so what. They have proven to be worthy of worship.

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob

All of the dealings my characters have had with the daedra lords have been beneficial to them. Many of my characters have sworn allegiance to multiple lords so I guess when they die the lords will have to fight for their souls if in fact they can claim them. So why worship the divines if they don't help you? At least the daedra empower you. Even if you have to serve them in the afterlife, so what. They have proven to be worthy of worship.

What about Whitestrike and the whole knights of the nine?

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
-does a crude hand to croth movement- pfft the nine divine my characters take dump on their alters I have yet to see the wrath...

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
*prefers to commune with Hermaeus Mora and Hircine*

The daedra are just more interesting in general, imo.

Rimfaxe96

The Divines give you their blessings, pray at their altar or wear their amulet. And while they don't intervene directly to whatever happens on Nirn, they also interact with certain people. In the quest "The Book of Love" you get your instructions from the Dunmer priestess Dinya Balu, who received the visions from Mara, who received these "calls for help" from prayers. Another thing would be the spectral Prelates in the Forgottn Vale who tend the wayshrines after their death; thanks to Auri-El. Last but not least, Runil had a vision of the Dragonborn and Alduin (read his journal, the last entry). Can't tell if that vision came from Arkay, but since he's a priest too it wouldn't surprise me.

Good for you, but as a matter of fact the Daedra usually kill about 99% of the 'normal' people who seek them out.
And serving them in the afterlife is quite a cost; it's eternal enslavement, sold your soul for material goods.
And also don't forget that the Daedra have a certain hierarchy and competition among themselves also, certain Daedra truly hate each other; I guess they'll damn your soul once they find out you've sworn yourself to more than just one him/herself.
Worthy of worship? Killing naive and easily impressionable people only to raise in the Daedras view from worm to weasel makes them worthy of worship? M'kay.

Won't deny that I did all their quests for the awesome stuff, but if I'd RP with my characters they'd stay away from all Daedra. Except maybe Meridia, killing undead is something I can do anytime.

Wildroses

For me, the Aedra vs Daedra debate always goes like this:

Me: If I choose to worship you, will you ever ask me to kill someone who isn't completely evil?
Aedra: No. Never.
Vaermina, Peryite & Nocturnal: No. He stopped obeying me so the guy I want you to kill is evil because I said so.
Hermaeus Mora: No, I'll just wait for you to come back with the blood elixirs or persuade the dude to give up the info then do my killing personally.
Boethiah: No if you can find an evil person who trusts you and considers you a friend.
Hircine: I think good and evil are irrelevant when hunting.
Namira: I won't ask you to kill someone but if you want me to talk to you, you'll have to kill and then eat someone.
Mephala: Only if you want to use my Ebony Blade.
Molag Bal: Yes, right after I force you to murder someone else.

Me: If I choose to worship you, will you give me weapons and armour which are more powerful than something I could smith and enchant myself or effects which could be replicated with a spell?
Aedra: We won't give you anything, but if you find our amulets in the world we'll give them blessings which are outstripped by something you could buy in a shop or find in a chest.
Daedra: That depends on how much you grind smithing and enchanting and what perks you have.

Me: Will you ever put me through humiliating or awkward situations just to amuse yourself?
Shegorath: Hell yes.
Peryite: Do you find being vomited on humiliating or awkward?
All other Daedric Princes: We will put you through humiliating and awkward situations for our own benefit as well as amusement.

Me: Will you ever drag me a million miles into the air to boss me around?
Meridia: Yes.
Shegorath: Hey, what a great idea!

Me: Do you have a history of killing your worshippers?
Molag Bal & Boethiah: Yes.
Hircine, Nocturnal, Malacath, Hermaeus Mora: Only when they start pissing me off or abusing my gifts.
Clavicus Vile: No, I'm just pleased when you kill them all.

Me: What sort of afterlife can you offer me?
Aedra: Sovngarde.
Hircine: Hunting grounds.
Nocturnal: Servitude in my temple then becoming part of the mystic force which aids living thieves.
Hermaeus Mora: Wandering around a place made out of books with tentacles in black ponds.
All other Daedric Princes: Not talking, but if Molag Bal doesn't offer eternal damnation I'll take an arrow to the knee.

Me: Can you cure me when I get sick:
Aedra: Yes.
Daedra: No.

Me: I will you ever kill anyone I like?
Hermaeus Mora: Oh, you liked that old Skald you persuaded to give up his secrets then.
Molag Bal: Stop being a drama queen. You knew Tyrannus all of five minutes.

Me: I'm worshiping the Aedra. As well as being a lot safer than the daedra, I also have an appreciation for their hands off and silent approach. Mostly when the Daedra get in touch, its because they want to order you around and/or be a horrible person.

Sahdira

Sahdira prays to the Divines for their sacrifice. They gave up their immortal power to create Nirn. That is why their influence pales in comparison to the Daedra. The Aedra, even after they knew creating this realm would destroy them, spent their power to create Nirn. The Daedra fled to avoid death. So we pray to the Aedra out of reverence.

Though Sahdira does agree that the Vigilants of Stendarr are an extreme, she understand why they exist. They formed in response to the Oblivion crisis. You can imagine the discrimination against Daedra after they nearly destroyed all of Nirn. They're response is definitely all-or-nothing against questions which are grey (at least in Sahdira's humble opinion).

TJ0331

Nords forever
It's easy to fall prey to daedra and do their bidding, not so easy to do what's right all the time and reap no reward. It's just like real life. People still believe in god even though they never see god or get "blessings" from him. It's more of a way of living and less of "How can I benefit from doing this and that?"

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
I absolutely hate it when someone says to you Talos Guide you, Saying that is why the Thalmor are after people like you, I don't Worship Him, I don't Like Him, I don't Worship Any Of the So Called Divines, Where were they when Helgan was burned to the Ground or was it their will for Alduin to Destroy Everyone if that's the case then so much for their love and compassion, if that's true then the Only Diffrence between worshipping the Aedra or the Daedra is that You will get something good out of Worshipping the Daedra also Nocturnal, Boethiah, Azura and Mephala can also grant you blessings just like the Divines and for the record just because you do a quest for a Daerda does not mean you are bound to go live in their realm, Take Sanguine or Sheo for Example now out of all the Daedra their realms are propably the most likely places you would want to go over any others daedras realm but a simple quest does not bound you to them, throughout the course of Skyrim the Only Daedra you get bound to in Nocturnal if your a Nightingale which for your character could easily be avoided if you became a Vampire as you would be Immortal or Hircine whereas you would have to be a Werewolf, I don't recall Hermaeus Mora binding you to his Service after you kill Miraak I do Recall him however telling him to Worship him however, I don't See Clavicus or Meridia either binding you to their realm, Unlike Werewolves and Hircine Vampires are NOT bound to Molag Bal they are just Expeted to show praise to him Molag is the Daedrc lord of Corruption and rape and I doubt he really cares

TJ0331

Nords forever
Haha people and their rewards. You don't need a physical gain from everything you do in life.

MadHatter

Guy with a cool hat.
When it comes to Daedra, you have maddened worshippers stomping around statues, performing rituals etc. etc. With most Daedra, there's blood, death, murder, torture and all that good jazz involved. Their worshippers in general tend to be a bunch of self-serving windbags who do anything for power and artifacts.

Looking at the Aedra, you have pious worshippers knelt in silent prayer within the various temples and chapels. You have priests who at least appear to genuinely care about the people around them. Everything about the Aedra is the complete opposite from the Daedra. If I were physically in Nirn, you can bet your arse that I'd be sitting in a temple dedicated to Mara over some hidden underground shrine to Molag Bal any day.

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
I'll take worshiping the daedra over aedra any day.Being a werewolf, I don't really need diseases cured,and I like collecting artifacts.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts