• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Do you agree?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Agreed. I find it sad that the dominate species on this planets is primarily idiots. Not even 11th Doctor is as much of a troll as this guy. However I revel in the chaos it creates, it's just plain funny.

Nothing is more funny than chaos.

I am reminded (again) of George Carlin's comment: "Think how stupid the average person is, then remember: half are more stupid than that"

Exactly. It's like someone playing a game in which you kill other players, and then raging every time you die.

No I would say its more like those retards that go onto youtube and look up Justin Bieber videos just for the sake of saying "Justin Bieber Sucks". While I to think JB sucks I have better things to do with my time than look up JB videos like, oh I don't know, how about looking up music that I do like.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
No I would say its more like those retards that go onto youtube and look up Justin Bieber videos just for the sake of saying "Justin Bieber Sucks". While I to think JB sucks I have better things to do with my time than look up JB videos like, oh I don't know, how about looking up music that I do like.

Or pondering how much of a waste of human resources you are.

Not you of course. The people that do that.

Agreed. I find it sad that the dominate species on this planets is primarily idiots. Not even 11th Doctor is as much of a troll as this guy. However I revel in the chaos it creates, it's just plain funny.
DON'T BE CALLIN' THE DOCTOR A TROLL! :mad:

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
DON'T BE CALLIN' THE DOCTOR A TROLL! :mad:

I wouldn't call her a troll, but you know how sometimes you have to tell someone something, and you say it in a nice way so as to not hurt the person's feelings? Yeah, Doctor doesn't do that.

I wouldn't call her a troll, but you know how sometimes you have to tell someone something, and you say it in a nice way so as to not hurt the person's feelings? Yeah, Doctor doesn't do that.
Very true. She doesn't care if she offends someone.

True for sure. She goes from polite debating to personal attacks within a single post. It gets on my nerves, but the mods seem to favor those who have bought membership. Kinda like being the thane.

Hotty Squirrel

GENOCIDE JUNKIE!
i hate when everyone makes a big deal over spoiled milk, as bethesda said themselves they are trying to make the game more and more interactive, skyrim was basically a big breakthrough after marrowind breakthrough of AI and oblivion breakthrough in graphics and better AI... skyrim was a tipping point of everything they accomplished and they wanted to make something great and they wanted DRAGONS! pretty soon the AI in the next game for the next gen system are gonna be everything everyone ever wanted, its gonna take years yes but its gonna be the best game ever, especially when people are making mods on how they want to play the game, Bethesda will eventually take A LOT of those idea's and make a game that everyone wants to play, its just a matter of time before they make a game that is better then anyone in the world.

Hotty Squirrel

GENOCIDE JUNKIE!
. plus with the kinect now involed, soon they are gonna have a game that is gonna be more interactive like how Legend Of Zelda - Skyward Sword was, you'll be able to control the weapon in your hand with you own motion that you want instead of the same back and forth motion they have but thats their style, if everyone wants that motion style control well you're gonna have to talk to bethesda about that for the next gen console... I personally would love to seem them put a reality mod where you have to eat and drink to survive like fallout hardcore mode, and i would love to be able to farm and make the game truly interactive, if the next gen are gonna be Superior then hopefully we could do all this stuff... but its just a matter of time and hope.

EleanorUnicorn

Wow.. Well, that was an interesting read.. *facepalm*

At the end of the day, this is the skyrim forums. All of us have joined up on here simply because we enjoy playing skyrim and sometimes want to talk about it. If you didn't enjoy playing skyrim, I don't see why you would bother with the time and effort in making an account on the forums (of which you know there will be hundreds, if not thousands of members), then spending even longer writing a thread to deliberately diss the game, the creators of the game (who probably have more talent in their pinky finger than you ever will in your entire body) and rile up the members who read it.

And even after all this pathetic time wasting, you claim that you're not trolling, but merely sparking a debate? Obvious troll is obvious. That's like me joining a Call of Duty forum after 5 hours of gameplay and writing a completely biased, unjustified rant about how plops their game is and how the creators suck. I might be completely right, but it's not going to 'spark a debate' is it? It's just gonna piss people off. After all, everyone has their own taste in games. My boyfriend likes fifa, I like skyrim, and we wouldn't enjoy it if we swapped. But there is a time and a place to point out the good and bad points of a game. For example, a thread listing 'Why skyrim is bad' probably doesn't belong in the skyrim forums. This is NOT debating, it IS trolling.

Finally, your 'reasons' for 'why skyrim is bad' are just plain *for want of a better word* fluffing retarded. And wrong. And I shall tell you why you are wrong. And before we start, you state that you have played skyrim for 'less than 3 weeks' (which is not enough time to really give a game a fair chance, never mind claiming to be some sort of expert on it), whereas I am approaching 1000 hours.

1. The world has no variety and all looks the same from the minute you leave Helgen? Are you blind, retarded, or both? Or perhaps you haven't gotten any further than Riverwood or Whiterun? There are 9 holds in Skyrim, each with their own different characteristics, weather stages, trees and plants/ingredients. Compare the green grasses of Riverwood to the snowy plains and shores of Winterhold? Or rugged, stone built Markarth to medieval Solitude? Compare the twists and turns in the alleyways of freezing Windhelm, to the fall forest surrounding Riften. All the same, with no variety? As I said, you must be blind, retarded or both. There are over 14 square miles to explore in Skyrim. Start from one corner of the map, and travel on foot to another. It obviously does NOT look all the same, and it pities me to think that you actually tried to use this as a valid point.

2. The combat system is 'shallow' you say. In that case, you're obviously not playing the game properly. Have you noticed the perk trees at all, when you level up? Have you realised that sticking with one type of weapon is better in the long run? And that you get to pick perks (you can usually pick to increase your weapons damage up to 3 or 4 times than normal), which unlocks the abilities of each weapon? Fill out a skill tree with a certain weapon type, then tell me that your weapon still feels 'shallow'. Seriously. For example, playing as an archer with no perk points = extremely difficult. Playing as an archer with a full archery skill tree = epic. Even a button mashing sword and shield player can transform their weapon choice into a work of art. Nothing 'shallow' about it.

3. Bland story, with 0 interesting NPCs? Yeah, because dragons flying around, attacking and setting fire to settlements then bringing each other back to life is just SO boring and bland. Have you even reached the part of the main quest where you capture a live dragon in Dragonsreach? Then he lets you ride him (and call upon him in the future) to the portal of heaven, where you meet Talos and the other heroes of Sovngarde, before slaying Alduin? Probably not, or else you would know it is anything but bland. And 0 interesting NPCs, really? No Cicero, no Brynjolf, no Karliah or Mercer, none of the Companions? Paarthunax, Delphine, Esbern? The khajiit traders, the housecarls? The dark elves and argonians of Windhelm? None of the followers are interesting, at all? Get a grip.

4. The dungeons are NOT all exactly the same, and you know it. They are all different and individually designed. In Oblivion they were all pretty much identical, so there's no way you can suggest Skyrims dungeons look the same, at all. Again, you're either blind, retarded or both.

5. Every item is completely bland and worthless? Wrong. Maybe during the lower levels the treasure isn't as good (which is normal in most games) but as soon as you start to reach higher levels you will be finding chests full of gold, gems, staffs and enchanted items/jewellery. And the items which are bland and worthless can always be sold, improved upon or enchanted. Plus, if you're only level 24 as you say, you're hardly likely to be finding legendary artifacts in each chest are you.

6. So, you played Skyrim for less than 3 weeks, reached only level 24 and have maxed out your smithing skill? Why don't you try not spamming the plops out of the game (which is obviously going to ruin it for you), but rather create a new character who you can relate to and sit back, relax and enjoy it normally, with a bit of imagination and roleplaying on your part? And is this only your first character? I am on my 5th character right now and I am still learning about all the different aspects of the game. None of my gameplays have been the same, as different things seem to happen to each of my characters (as I'm sure anyone else with more than 1 character will tell you).

7. NPCs also still give the name of the place you need to go to, and a rough description of where it is. Surely looking at a map, planning a route and following an arrow isn't THAT hard? And if you really don't want to use the markers, you can always unselect it via the journal. It's not rocket science.

8. Armour can still be mixed, matched, enchanted and customized (as I'm sure a 'master of smithing' such as yourself should know by now). Daedric artifacts still exist (and have been improved upon since Oblivion in my opinion), and you can also collect the masks of the Dragon priests which have some of the strongest enchantments in the game. How could you NOT know this?

9. Boats? When did any of TES series feature boats, apart from shipwrecked ones, and for the quest 'caught in the hunt' in Oblivion? Seriously? And no one is forcing you to fast travel, idiot. You can still walk everywhere if you want to or go via horseback. Skyrim also has the added bonus of having carriages, so you can still fast travel and visit cities if you need to, but with a roleplaying element rather than magically teleporting.

10. I would like to see you even attempt to make a game with the size and sheer epicness of any of the TES series. Something tells me that Bethesda wouldn't even employ you, never mind you being all high and mighty and better than them.

So, there you go. You can get off your high horse now. If you were being genuine about wanting a debate, rather than trolling, you've got one and I eagerly anticipate your reply.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Status
Not open for further replies.