• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Do you agree?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikk

Article Writer
Biting back when someone kicks the hornets nest is called "feeding the troll", and it's exactly what they want.

I understand what you're saying, Josh, and it's very nice of you. However, you shouldn't HAVE to credit people who are blatantly stirring others for negative reactions. I try to shut it down early whenever I can, and most forums simply delete these kinds of threads.

And Jeff, as I mentioned before, it's all about time, place and context. You don't bitch to Skyrim fans about why you hate their game and how horrible it's creators are, inside a Skyrim-fan discussion board you entered on your own accord (knowing very well the alignment of the people within), unless you just want to stir trouble.

I can't believe I'm in a debate with people arguing somebody's right to troll them. You are all MUCH nicer than I am, it's baffling :p

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Are you.........Retarded?

There is a Dark Brotherhood in SKyrim if you r looking for it?

Ok, so...to summarize the shortcomings people are talking about: the massive free roam world of Skyrim runs out of content or gets bland after God knows how many hours of play. Granted, but is that so strange? I mean, you can only play the best games over and over so much before you need a short break.

And, with Skyrim, you actively have to pace yourself. I often find myself beginning to blow through quests simply because they're so many of'em scattered across the game world. It takes a bit of discipline to really get into the game, like meld in, not just play it.

Josh Gilboy

WOW how did the Jews become involved in this?

Guilty. I was responding to a Christianity/atheism reference. I let my brain direct my next example. Apologies.

Biting back when someone kicks the hornets nest is called "feeding the troll", and it's exactly what they want.

I understand what you're saying, Josh, and it's very nice of you. However, you shouldn't HAVE to credit people who are blatantly stirring others for negative reactions. I try to shut it down early whenever I can, and most forums simply delete these kinds of threads.

And Jeff, as I mentioned before, it's all about time, place and context. You don't bitch to Skyrim fans about why you hate their game and how horrible it's creators are, inside a Skyrim-fan discussion board you entered on your own accord (knowing very well the alignment of the people within), unless you just want to stir trouble.

I can't believe I'm in a debate with people arguing somebody's right to troll them. You are all MUCH nicer than I am, it's baffling :p

I would die for everyone's right to troll me! OK, perhaps not. We're basically of differing opinions about the correct way to respond to extreme against-the-grain views in a forum. I say let them have their say and respond accordingly if you wish. If they are defying the rules, ban them or delete their material. I'll happily lay down my life for your right to disagree with this, however. Your concern about such views putting people off the game, for example, assumes the reader will respond to the influence of his post. If this is the case, I think they'll be overwhelmingly won over by the other much more positive material in this site, and if not, you're able to post views and arguments to counteract his. If they're inclined to read and believe one opinion then more fool them. I don't condone trolling, but if moderators deem a post to be within a forum's rules then it's fair game. I don't think I can add anymore.

Are you.........Retarded?

There is a Dark Brotherhood in SKyrim if you r looking for it?

I assume this is directed at me. Correct me if not. Thank you for your kind response to my opinion. I am aware there is a Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim. They deal in murder and assassinations; undoubtedly an evil group of characters. Would you say that this alone is sufficient for a game as large as Skyrim when the "good" end of the spectrum is offered an overwhelmingly greater number of role-friendly quests? I look forward to your reply.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
I assume this is directed at me. Correct me if not. Thank you for your kind response to my opinion. I am aware there is a Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim. They deal in murder and assassinations; undoubtedly an evil group of characters. Would you say that this alone is sufficient for a game as large as Skyrim when the "good" end of the spectrum is offered an overwhelmingly greater number of role-friendly quests? I look forward to your reply.

Actually this was for the person who started this thread

Bethesda put out a game; you bought it. That's it. They owe nothing more than the product you paid for, which is exactly what you received. You wouldn't buy a bagel and ask for your money back because it turns out you don't really like bagels. You were sold a game, not a satisfaction guarantee.

And the only reason you could be posting on a forum filled with Skyrim fans to bitch about Skyrim and it's creators with empty, generalised, opinion-based aggression is to stir the hive and/or upset the community by deterring them from something they love.

You are a weak troll.

I hate to tell you this, but I am not trolling, nor are any of you 'feeding the troll' here. I am stating my opinion, and unlike quite a few I have seen here, are backed up with actual examples.

And if you want to put it in a bagel analogy, sure I wouldn't get my money back if it turns out I didn't like bagels, but I would get my money back if they advertised it as the best bagel in the entire damn world and it turned out to be hollow, bland, and stale.

Skyrim is ALOT better than oblivion, though the cities are bland....the combat is MUCH better. but as mentioned item variety is very low. but i wont say EVERYTHING looks bland, ghostblade is cool looking. volundrung ETC...my problem is the damned glitches. so many obvious huge glitchs and every patch seems to fix things such as the "Surface of the water" lolwut? i didnt even know that was a glitch. just so many TINY glitchs they are willing to fix but allow game breaking((for some)) glitchs still roam. great artifacts ruined. such as the rueful axe and its unusable speed. it swings at literally the speed of a glacier. and ebony blade is fubar'd to hell so if anything my complaints is lack of glitch fixing.

The combat might be much better, but it is still bad. Using melee weapons is just mashing left and right trigger/mouse button. There is no strategy, planning, or thought in it at all. You could say the same things for magic and bows too. Dragon battles are supposed to be epic, but all they end up being is standing in front of it's face, tanking the damage and either swinging your sword like an idiot or taking pot-shots with your bow.

Obvious troll is obvious

Not trolling, genius, stating my opinion. If I were trolling you wouldn't have replied and you know it, you are just trying to say I'm wrong without actually having to use your brain. No wonder you think Skyrim is great.

Seriously, this game is the worst of both worlds. It somehow manages to make weapons and armor look so boring and dull, yet have them so game breaking. I have a set of daedric armor that reduces my Destruction and Restoration costs to absolute 0. From then on, even on master difficulty, there is nothing left to do. You get a disappointing boss fight with Alduin in the only good looking place in this game, you just take blind swings and shots until he just falls over dead. After that, nothing, everything goes back to normal and you become just another bland normal person. Everyone forgets about you and all the mundane tasks you had to perform to save their sorry ass.

If you can do some very basic and tedious tasks, you can essentially turn god mode on. Nothing is challenging, dragons fights last only a few seconds before you nuke them to oblivion, dungeons just involve walking to the back of another cave which looks exactly like the other ones, one shotting a few monsters here and there, retrieving the anal beads of the gods or something equally as stupid, and just running back out. That isn't exactly fun, and just because there are a lot of them doesn't make it a good RPG.

Tons of pointless tedium < a shorter and more well thought out fun experience

When will you people learn? I am not trolling in any shape or form, if I was you could tell. If I simply wanted a reaction out of you folks I wouldn't have backed up my opinions would I?

*facepalm* WEEELL, these are the Skyrim forums, for Skyrim discussion. Where the hell would I post this opinion? 4chan? Everyone there already agrees with me. I don't want to stir trouble with you or your Justin Beiber haircut, I want to hear your educated opinions on the matter and why you think I'm wrong.

You are honestly sitting there like you have the moral high ground when all you are doing is:

"No! Skyrim is good!"
"How?"
"Because you're stupid and you think its bad!"

troooll.png

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
Maybe you should play it a little more.. because i havent experienced anything your talking about. This is the first game i have beaten and picked it up again to play a second time through and im still finding new things to go through. i love this game the depth that bethesda took going into the thieves guild to dark brotherhood to being a vampire and the companions. this game has so much to offer. and its probably the reason i got a d in one of my major classes this semester so i do hate it for that fact (just kidding) but dont come onto a website that is built around a game just to bash that game. It only makes you look like a bloody idiot. if you dont like the game take it back to gamestop and get the new MAX PAYNE 3 maybe that game will have the designated ending and the designated plotline and the designated character you were looking for

Actually this was for the person who started this thread

There is a Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim, of course, it is just pretty bad. It took me about 45 minutes to get through the main DB quest line, and after that they killed off almost all of the characters they just have you do a 'stab random person' version of a fetch quest.

It quickly descends into tedium and you only do if you desperately need money, that is, if you are too thick to see the hundreds of other ways to make more money than exists in the world. I married a shopkeeper, left my computer on when I went out for the day, and ended up making more money than I could possibly spend.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
If the game is bad in his eyes, then so be it. It isn't going to stop those that enjoy the game from playing it. Nothing anyone says is going to change his views on how bad the game is, so why bother? Likewise with those who feel the game is decent/good. Nothing is going to change their minds. So, having a debate about it is pretty pointless. Just agree to disagree and move on.

Maybe you should play it a little more.. because i havent experienced anything your talking about. This is the first game i have beaten and picked it up again to play a second time through and im still finding new things to go through. i love this game the depth that bethesda took going into the thieves guild to dark brotherhood to being a vampire and the companions. this game has so much to offer. and its probably the reason i got a d in one of my major classes this semester so i do hate it for that fact (just kidding) but dont come onto a website that is built around a game just to bash that game. It only makes you look like a bloody idiot. if you dont like the game take it back to gamestop and get the new MAX PAYNE 3 maybe that game will have the designated ending and the designated plotline and the designated character you were looking for

"Play it a little more" is one of the worst ways to make a game look better. If you have to sit through 30 hours of garbage to get to the good stuff, it doesn't make it good.

I am not coming on here to just bash the game, I am coming here to state my honest opinion about the game, or lack-thereof as the case may be.

I really don't appreciate you hating and insulting me because of my opinion on a video game. It is a piece of software, and you don't need to be offended when I get a different amount of enjoyment out of it than you.

perkecet

guys, it would be best if you all just dropped it. these types of threads just go around in circles ad infinitum.

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
"Play it a little more" is one of the worst ways to make a game look better. If you have to sit through 30 hours of garbage to get to the good stuff, it doesn't make it good.

I am not coming on here to just bash the game, I am coming here to state my honest opinion about the game, or lack-thereof as the case may be.

I really don't appreciate you hating and insulting me because of my opinion on a video game. It is a piece of software, and you don't need to be offended when I get a different amount of enjoyment out of it than you.

it doesnt offend me that you dont like it, in all honesty i couldnt care less. mainly the fact that you took time out of your day to come onto a fan based forum full of people to like the game just to display your dissatisfaction. it doesnt make sense to me if you didnt enjoy the game then why feel like you have to tell everyone about it.

nobody cares if you dont like the game theres plenty of people who dont enjoy the game. but they dont shove it in our faces and tell us why they simply just put the game down and go about their business. my question is this

are you lacking attention that badly that you have to tell people why you dont like a game? everything about this thread screams show me attention. if you dont like it take it back end of story. Bethesda already got what it wanted out of you.

it doesnt offend me that you dont like it, in all honesty i couldnt care less. mainly the fact that you took time out of your day to come onto a fan based forum full of people to like the game just to display your dissatisfaction. it doesnt make sense to me if you didnt enjoy the game then why feel like you have to tell everyone about it.

nobody cares if you dont like the game theres plenty of people who dont enjoy the game. but they dont shove it in our faces and tell us why they simply just put the game down and go about their business. my question is this

are you lacking attention that badly that you have to tell people why you dont like a game? everything about this thread screams show me attention. if you dont like it take it back end of story. Bethesda already got what it wanted out of you.

Shoving it in your faces? What is bloody wrong with you? I didn't make you click on or read my post. You came here out of your own free will for the sake of arguing with me. This is a board for Skyrim discussion and that is exactly what I am using it for, stating my opinion on it and hearing your counter-opinions.

This is why I can't respect you, when you argue with someone, you are supposed to go after the idea and not the person. If you think I shouldn't have posted it here, state why you disagree with what I have said, and either leave or provide more counter points throughout.

Instead you just sit there calling me an attention whore because I don't like a certain video game, and say it on a board dedicated to that video game. That is just childish of you.

"I don't like this video game, and here's why."
"You're wrong!"
"Why?"
What you should have done:
"Because of (insert counter points here)"
What you did do:
"Because you're stupid!"

Seriously, you are the people I am ashamed to be grouped with when a major news network like Fox calls out video games. Everyone thinks games are for children, I try to prove them wrong, and you continue to sit there and act like children.

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
because he is a troll and vying for attention

because he is a troll and vying for attention

There you go again, genius, being a little child not willing to accept that your brilliant little game might not be perfect.

Funny thing about being a fanboy such as yourself, if you were happy with your purchase, you wouldn't feel the need to argue. You wouldn't need to justify Skyrim if you were happy with it. Usually you are only here because there is a little niggling doubt in the back of your mind saying that you might not be having as much fun as you have convinced yourself you are and won't go away no matter how much you try to smack it with a wet rag of weak excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts