Why I Went Werewolf, one Nords opinion.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
On my current playthrough, when I became a werewolf the whole town attacked me. Idolaf and Adrienne died. So sad about Adrienne.

Benthos

Proud Mer
I got a question why even when I´m a werewolf with all the perks of it and high over level 60, those forsworn still kicking my ass...can someone tell me why?
Their level matches yours as do all other creatures and enemies. They're all leveled, this is why when you're higher levels you'll come across as the common enemies in the dungeons to be Draugr Deathlords, Hulking, etc. This is why the higher level you are, the more difficult the dragons will be - Ancient, Elder, and Legendary rather than plain dragon, blood, and standard frost.

Two Bears

I got a question why even when I´m a werewolf with all the perks of it and high over level 60, those forsworn still kicking my ass...can someone tell me why?

To start with, Forsworn are 'perked' to do obscene amounts of damage while having excellent damage resistance. Combine this with the fact that the werewolf form is a 'glass cannon', as it does not have armor or regenerating health, and it can be a long day when taking on a camp. To make things worse, Forsworn are usually found in mobs and on terrain that is not particularly open, which doesn't allow the werewolf to play upon it's strengths -- dashing in and out of combat with power attacks.

Essentially, what one needs to do in that situation is make use of the fear howl (easily the most valuable, in my opinion). This acts as a form of crowd control, allowing you scatter them, pick off one or two, howl again once the effect wears off and repeat the process until they are all dead. This can be difficult to do in tighter positions largely due to the fact that you are stuck in third person view and the camera can get wonky. Still, it is better than trying to slug your way through them, as going toe to toe with powerful opponents as a werewolf is a bad idea.

I was a Werewolf and loved all of it but then joined Volkihar and decided to become a Vampire but then I had the Ring of Hircine so I decided to see if it still worked and it did...

I'm a hybrid.

I like to roleplay that I get grief from both sides for being a "half-breed"

Benthos

Proud Mer
To start with, Forsworn are 'perked' to do obscene amounts of damage while having excellent damage resistance. Combine this with the fact that the werewolf form is a 'glass cannon', as it does not have armor or regenerating health, and it can be a long day when taking on a camp. To make things worse, Forsworn are usually found in mobs and on terrain that is not particularly open, which doesn't allow the werewolf to play upon it's strengths -- dashing in and out of combat with power attacks.

Essentially, what one needs to do in that situation is make use of the fear howl (easily the most valuable, in my opinion). This acts as a form of crowd control, allowing you scatter them, pick off one or two, howl again once the effect wears off and repeat the process until they are all dead. This can be difficult to do in tighter positions largely due to the fact that you are stuck in third person view and the camera can get wonky. Still, it is better than trying to slug your way through them, as going toe to toe with powerful opponents as a werewolf is a bad idea.

That's why you must fill out your perk tree BEFORE taking on Forsworn camps due to the fact that they can take you on since you're usually alone or at least have a follower with you. The perks give you more power and abilities, by taking the Gorging perk - you can heal both health and stamina by feeding. I cleared out a forsworn camp, a dwarven ruin, several bandit hide outs, as well as cities (as much as you can excluding essentials).
-=Werewolf tree here=-
You should definitely utilize the shout but also take them on when you already have Gorging, Totem of Terror (for higher levels), Totem of Predator (for range), and 2/4 Bestial strength. If you max out Bestial strength - that's 100% improved strength and I've killed guys in one hit, it's practically OP. Charge in and attack while charging for a first hard hit, best against those archers or any long distance attackers since they're still aiming and can't switch attack methods quick enough. When they're knocked down from a good strike, it leaves them open for you to rip them apart, I also cleared out the Thalmor Northwatch to rescue the Graymane but he broke out of his shackles to fight me alongside them then when I fled so I wouldn't fail the mission, returned to come back to him shackled back in place. What a world... I'll have a video up with all of it compiled but here's a piece of it all.

I was a Werewolf and loved all of it but then joined Volkihar and decided to become a Vampire but then I had the Ring of Hircine so I decided to see if it still worked and it did...

I'm a hybrid.

I like to roleplay that I get grief from both sides for being a "half-breed"

Wow! I thought you couldn't get both due to the disease resistance or something but I guess I was wrong.

Two Bears

That's why you must fill out your perk tree BEFORE taking on Forsworn camps due to the fact that they can take you on since you're usually alone or at least have a follower with you. The perks give you more power and abilities, by taking the Gorging perk - you can heal both health and stamina by feeding. I cleared out a forsworn camp, a dwarven ruin, several bandit hide outs, as well as cities (as much as you can excluding essentials).
-=Werewolf tree here=-
You should definitely utilize the shout but also take them on when you already have Gorging, Totem of Terror (for higher levels), Totem of Predator (for range), and 2/4 Bestial strength. If you max out Bestial strength - that's 100% improved strength and I've killed guys in one hit, it's practically OP. Charge in and attack while charging for a first hard hit, best against those archers or any long distance attackers since they're still aiming and can't switch attack methods quick enough. When they're knocked down from a good strike, it leaves them open for you to rip them apart, I also cleared out the Thalmor Northwatch to rescue the Graymane but he broke out of his shackles to fight me alongside them then when I fled so I wouldn't fail the mission, returned to come back to him shackled back in place. What a world... I'll have a video up with all of it compiled but here's a piece of it all.

You are doing it correctly. Keep it up. Just be careful with the mobs; you're pretty squishy in beast form.

I´ve already download Dawnguard, finished proving honor quest and I´ve search throught the forest between 10pm and 5am, but I´m never been able to see a wild werewolf... am I missing something?

Two Bears

I´ve already download Dawnguard, finished proving honor quest and I´ve search throught the forest between 10pm and 5am, but I´m never been able to see a wild werewolf... am I missing something?

No, my experience is that they are pretty rare. 1500+ hours I have put into this game and I have only seen wild werewolves once, and that was on the Whiterun plains near Halted Stream Camp.

Kory Stukenborg

Proud Member of the Mercer County Facial Hair Club
I chose to be a werewolf because I was always fascinated in the idea that human has superhuman abilities. Not superpowers or anything. Just unhuman abilities other animals have.

Wow! I thought you couldn't get both due to the disease resistance or something but I guess I was wrong.
As far as I can tell, it's a glitch where the code for Ring of Hircine doesn't recognize that I was sup;posed to purge my Werewolf blood.

CaptainPollux

We must be careful about what we pretend to be.
This might be an unpopular opinion in this particular thread, but personally, I actually ran away once I had figured out that I had to become a werewolf to advance in the Companions quest it just felt weird and wrong, especially for my character. (Redgaurd, honor and integrity in battle, distrust of magic) It just didn't feel right the whole time through.

I might explore lycanthropy and vampirism on another character, but... It's not terribly likely.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts