Why I think the oghma infinium glitch has a rightful place in skyrim.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kryptic

I am going to put forward my case for why I think the oghma infinium glitch holds a rightful place in skyrim and should not be patched. I am also going to argue that there should be an oghma infinium like glitch in every elder scrolls (single player) game to come!

I am going to explain what the glitch does first for people who don't know. I am NOT going to explain how to do it though if you want to know just search for a tutorial on google.

Basically the oghma infinium glitch allows the player to become 'maxed out' (level 81 with all skills at 100) in a matter of minutes giving the the maximum amount of perks a player can have to spend. Basically it gives the player the means to create a build with the highest health/stamina/magicka, the highest amount amount of perks to spend and the highest level in everything!

Now I have explained what the glitch allows I am going to make my points in the fashion of a numbered list so they are easier to distinguish then continuos prose.

Reasons why the oghma infinium glitch is a positive thing/doesn't harm anyone:

1. Skyrim is a single player game so you cannot ruin anybody else's experience of the game.
2. It allows people who want to be that 'demigod badass' to be exactly that without interrupting the serious role-players experience.
3. It means people don't have to grind skills on each playthrough! If your like me and have completed the game several times you may not want to have to grind your skills up every time so the glitch allows you to be at your desired point in a matter or minutes.
4. It doesn't infringe on the hardcore role-players experience. If your one of those guys who writes a backstory for their characters an does everything they can to create a more realistic experience the you DON'T HAVE TO DO THE GLITCH! You can either stay away from the book all together or just read it once!
5. You don't have to max yourself out. If you want to max out in one area and not in others then you can do exactly that! I maxed out my magic abilities but still continued training my warrior ones the increase that playthroughs longevity!

Negative effects of the oghma infinium glitch:

1. If done on first playthrough can seriously reduce the games lifespan for people who aren't looking to play through many times.

To summarise I think that the glitch is a good thing ONLY if used after ou have completed the game legit at least once! I LOVE the oghma infinium glitch and hope there is an equivalent in the next single player elder scrolls game!

Please LIKE the post of you found this helpful an post your thoughts/insights below!

,Kryptic

Khaine

Hector Ciril (Baal), The Imperial Vampire
I usually see the Oghma Infinium as a method of achieving Chim. So in some respects it is actually not a game breaker from a Role Play Aspect.

Kryptic

Could you elaborate on what "chim" is? I am not into 'hardcore' role-playing yet!

Khaine

Chim: Attaining the ideology that everything is but a dream and that the dream can be manipulated because you are part of the dream as the dream is part of you. On that logic you achieve a higher state of mind of all things, Chim. Through this you can attain whatever you will yourself to. In other words it is similar to Vivec's state of being once he and the tribunal used Kagrenac's tools to attain Apotheosis. Albeit, you're achieving it through a different method, the Oghma Infinium. In short it means your character is aware of all the exploits but from a role play perspective rather than from the perspective of the player.

Khaine

Then there is Mantling, which is another thing a person could use the Oghma Infinium to Role Play out. After all, the book is basically the Knowledge of the Universe, as revealed by Xarxes. By that token you could assume it reveals something to your character that transforms them into the true being they were born to be.

Mantling: Basically your character sorta falls into the archetype of being a specific god or notable person from history. Albeit, the god also respectively becomes you. Basically this is what happened to your character in TES3: Morrowind. You mantled Indoril Nerevar and became him, achieving the God-state.

sticky runes

ugh. too much over-analyzing.

Basically, the console versions have enough glitches and bugs and sh!t that ruin the experience and need urgent patching, so we might as well have a glitch that is actually useful.

Khaine

I don't really find that over-analyzing when you're as versed in TES Lore as I am. To me that's pretty much common knowledge.

MrDSL

Man I couldnt agree more..

There is no way in hell I am EVER grinding smithing again!! I have kids/work.homework etc and to have to do that everytime to start a new character is crazy.

The glitch is really nice to plan out specs and see if something really works..If it wasn't for the glitch I doubt I would have ever picked up a bow but since I got to spec in it and try it out I love bows now and use one all the time on my new character I started.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts