• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Papoy

DON'T EXPECT SPOILER WARNINGS FROM ME
I simply love clashing and slashing of steel, medieval fights (such movies are my favorites), also like to see duel of two magic users (such films also intrigue me) (yeah i know, two completly opposite things xd) and Skyrim's got both!!!!! Still not overcomed RPG IMO

TheQahnaarin

Son of Skyrim
It lets you be everything you aren't or can't be in real life. From things like being a hero and saving the world to just saying stuff you never could IRL right to the NPC's faces.

You are whoever you want to be and can affect a seemingly very real world, for better or for worse.

medievalmama

My husband asks that question all the time. It's so addictive. Everything I do leads to 10 other things I want to do. I love all the herb/potion stuff, and figuring out what does and doesn't work. I'm hooked on the open-world format, and the graphics are beautiful.

Too me, it's I'm creating a life beyond the one I am living as an escape from reality where I can do the impossible and even the possible and bribe my way out of trouble lol...... plus i like to feel like a badass killing dragons with a war axe or war hammer. (between you and me, the pay in the game ain't too bad either...1000 coin would be wonderful to have right now).

Amradel

I wasn't really sure for a while, (I would probably have just answered "because it's fun!" a year ago) but I think I play Skyrim and other games like it because I have a huge sense of wanderlust, always have. I just love exploring so much, I can't do that at the moment in real life. So I'm glad there are games like Skyrim that I can escape to until I can. Plus. I can be the Dragonborn, slay dragons and live a life of crime, so, bonus! :p

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Skyrim was THE game that turned me into a GAMER. It was the first game that put a controller into my eager little hands. At first it was a means of escape from a really tough time in my life. Now it is still that but really more to just forget real life for a while and just chill. I love how immersive it is, the beauty of the game, discovering new things and places, the hilarious glitches and WTF moments.
I also love this forum and the friends I have made. I never thought I would write an epically long fan fiction, nor it to be so popular but I did and it's still going strong and I absolutely love it.

Skyrim, for me, is just another part of my life. One I will never get tired of.

GlacialDoom

I play it because I really enjoy the ambiance and the way the world feels. It's also a nice break from the normal world, as it's way better to do chores in a virtual world than to do chores in the real world. :)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I play it because I really enjoy the ambiance and the way the world feels. It's also a nice break from the normal world, as it's way better to do chores in a virtual world than to do chores in the real world. :)
You do chores? I have someone at home that does all of mine for me. Call 'em Wifey!

Swordslam

I just play it for fun. I mean, who doesn't like being able to kill dragons and yell at things so they fall off of walls?

Megaton

Simply because Skyrim is one of the best video games ever created. It is truly a work of art in many aspects. I've been an elder scrolls fan since Morrowind came out many years ago. I played that game for years. I did the same with oblivion. I still play these games today because it just shows how strong of a franchise the elder scrolls is. Naturally I play Skyrim all the time too now. It I has it's flaws, but it is also beautiful in many regards. It has a lot to offer and you always have some thing new to try in the game.

Vegito123

I play it for the graphics and also, the good story line it has and the game has real life like graphics and the world is a exciting place to be in and also can relax when playing the game. I also enjoyed doing the side quests and being rewarded with coin mostly which shows they were worth doing and sometimes took time to do. The romance option was interesting and, also that you can choose who to romance as long as you meet the requirements to romance the person and enjoyed trying differnt ones out.

ChudMacGud

Elite Bard
I enjoy Skyrim because not a single playthrough has ever been the same, and never will be. The random bits here and there, the way I decide to take quests or go through dungeons is never repeated. After playing for years I still discover something new, have a "wow moment," and cringe whenever a quest sends me to a dwemer ruin lol. Every game is a different immersive experience that makes me keep coming back.

cicerotheinsane

For me it absolutely has to be the huge vast open world with all the interesting lore and stories. The freedom to do whatever you want (except for not being able to stab certain characters right in their face, and kids) is liberating and manages to keep me hooked. I generally dislike open world games because there is so much to do that it is overwhelming and I start to get bored,I know it doesn't make sense but that's how it is. Skyrim has managed to keep me relatively hooked, with like 150 hours played which is still not much compared to other players.

Skittenlily

Juggernaut Assassin
For me it absolutely has to be the huge vast open world with all the interesting lore and stories. The freedom to do whatever you want (except for not being able to stab certain characters right in their face, and kids) is liberating and manages to keep me hooked. I generally dislike open world games because there is so much to do that it is overwhelming and I start to get bored,I know it doesn't make sense but that's how it is. Skyrim has managed to keep me relatively hooked, with like 150 hours played which is still not much compared to other players.
Yep, it sucks not being able to kill everyone. Especially those bratty little kids!

ChudMacGud

Elite Bard
Yep, it sucks not being able to kill everyone. Especially those bratty little kids!

I totally agree! lol Braith is at the top of my list.

Mithro'I

Started playing Skyrim because i hadent played an rpg in a while, and rememberd that I did enjoy Oblivion a long time ago. So I decided to try out SKyrim almost 4 yrs after release.
Usually I like sneaky evil characters, but atm I'm hooked on my newish dual wield run in and smash everything redguard warrior lady. (who is mostly good...)

Meesh

An Unlikely Orc
Hello everyone,
I'm a bit tardy to playing Skyrim, after all it was released in 2011 and I only now just started playing (better late than never, right?). But after witnessing all the hype, and still seeing all the memes, I thought, wow, this game must really be awesome. I mean, people are still talking about it and its been a few years. Anyway, now that I've started playing, I see why people love this game so much! I've never played an Elders Scroll game before, but I really like how Skyrim emphasizes story. In most RPG games I've played (the last being the newest Dragon Age), I really only cared about leveling-up, getting new powers, and acquiring better items. But Skyrim's narratives are really engaging. I play for the adventure more than just becoming a stronger character.
Thanks for having me!

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I should start playing again.. Time to hook up my 360 to my tv again. I would totally buy a remastered Skyrim for PS4!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts