• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I started playing TES when Morrowind came out, and I got it installed on my new computer when I got it to play Skyrim on, and I was wondering who else plays Morrowind, even if it is old, and does kinda suck in some ways compared to Skyrim, because I love both of them.

Allet

Article Writer
I still play it from time to time. While it does have a few design implementations I do not like, I find that the magic system is still far superior to anything that Oblivion or Skyrim has to offer.

I stick to the tribal-warrior type abilities, because it is fun to do that kinda setup. I also love the armor-system, where you could make these epic one-pauldron style tribal-warlord looking armors from chitin and leather and stuff like that.

Ironlung888

I never played it but now I want to, after hearing it did for The Elder Scrolls what Ocarina of Time did for Legend of Zelda. Does anybody know if Morrowind is backwards compatible on the Xbox 360?

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
If its on the old xbox its can be played on the 360 with the right update and a hard drive.

BIGwooly

I played it as recently as 2 years ago, and plan on playing it again someday. It's outdate in terms of graphics and some of the gameplay elements, but for an RPG it's kind of the holy grail. It does so many RPG things so well.

I love Skyrim, but I'm very disappointed still with what they removed/changed from previous games:

- regenerating health
I'm level 20 (almost 21) and playing on master difficulty with a bunch of restrictions and I have yet to even use a single healing potion. Regenerating health sucks.

- armor/weapon degradation
What an amazing element to remove from an RPG game. Now my swords and helmets last forever. Lame.

- alchemy stations
Removing the various alchemy tools and the various levels of those tools (novice, apprentice, etc) and replacing them with stationary alchemy stations was a horrible idea. I really miss being able to mix potions while I'm out and about traveling the land. Lame.

There are many other things that Morrowind did much better, but I don't want to go on a total rant since that's not what the OP was asking for. d;-)

I played it as recently as 2 years ago, and plan on playing it again someday. It's outdate in terms of graphics and some of the gameplay elements, but for an RPG it's kind of the holy grail. It does so many RPG things so well.

I love Skyrim, but I'm very disappointed still with what they removed/changed from previous games:

- regenerating health
I'm level 20 (almost 21) and playing on master difficulty with a bunch of restrictions and I have yet to even use a single healing potion. Regenerating health sucks.

- armor/weapon degradation
What an amazing element to remove from an RPG game. Now my swords and helmets last forever. Lame.

- alchemy stations
Removing the various alchemy tools and the various levels of those tools (novice, apprentice, etc) and replacing them with stationary alchemy stations was a horrible idea. I really miss being able to mix potions while I'm out and about traveling the land. Lame.

There are many other things that Morrowind did much better, but I don't want to go on a total rant since that's not what the OP was asking for. d;-)

I don't care if you rant, I would actually like to hear what flaws people see, as it will allow us to see what others like/hate about games. Rant all you want.

XbSuper

Morrowind, is probably my favorite game of all time. My only issue with it, is the leveling system, it's very difficult to level your character correctly to get the highest boost to the stats you want. Also, the whole having to sleep in order to level, was kind of annoying. But I loved having no quest markers, you really had to pay attention to what's NPC's told you in order to find the place you're looking for.

Morrowind, is probably my favorite game of all time. My only issue with it, is the leveling system, it's very difficult to level your character correctly to get the highest boost to the stats you want. Also, the whole having to sleep in order to level, was kind of annoying. But I loved having no quest markers, you really had to pay attention to what's NPC's told you in order to find the place you're looking for.

Exactly, I hated leveling in Morrowind and Oblivion, but loved it in Skyrim as it was closer to the Fallout leveling system. Not having markers for quests is so good, but I hate not having fast-travel, but also love it. I just wish it would mark locations for quests, such as the quest to go get the Dwemer Puzzle Cube from Arkngthand, which I am stuck on because I can not find Arkngthand, because I forgot where it is.

Roentgen

I used to play a lot of 1st person shooter games but most just had a one line quest that were quite long. My first venture into this multiple quest thing was Bethesda's Fallout 3 which had a lot of side quests but their updated version of Fallout New Vegas has an insane number of side quests much like Skyrim. Graphics, sound, and attention to detail are just enormous in these games. I've put well over 120 hours so far into Skyrim and am only about 1/3 the way through my first game. I'll be going back and trying again with another character after I've exhausted this one's play.

XbSuper

It's a good thing you can disable them in skyrim.

I could, but the quest notes in skyrim aren't good enough to find where you're going easily. In Morrowind the notes were very detailed, in skyrim it just says "go to this place and do something" but doesn't tell you where that place is, or how to get there.

junta

I could, but the quest notes in skyrim aren't good enough to find where you're going easily. In Morrowind the notes were very detailed, in skyrim it just says "go to this place and do something" but doesn't tell you where that place is, or how to get there.

Well, you did say that you wanted to listen to the NPCs. I agree that the quest notes could be a bit more detailed.

Well, you did say that you wanted to listen to the NPCs. I agree that the quest notes could be a bit more detailed.

Exactly, but in Skyrim I used markers because the directions given suck, in Morrowind it tells you every turn you must make to arrive at your destination, so it all comes down to preference for system.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts