Who should have been in Sovngarde?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lucid

Obviously there are far more people in Sovngarde than those that we meet in-game. Is there anybody you didn't see that you feel should have been? If so, who and why?

Mine to start:
Tiber Septim - just to settle any doubts
The Ebony Warrior (if he is defeated before finishing the main quest)
Roliand from Oblivion - Who deserves Sovngarde more than the Nord Blade protecting the Emperor?
The Bear of Eastmarch - I can't be the only one who really wants to meet Ulfric's father

JoeReese

Hmm...interesting. I'd never really given that thought. Maybe you could run into one or two of the Whiterun guards, who fell at the Western Watchtower while battling a dragon. Or some of the Nords from Helgen.

Lucid

Also Vorstag and Belrand - my Nordic sellswords who died honorably, if foolishly, fighting in the way of alongside the Dragonborn.

Lucid

Hmm...interesting. I'd never really given that thought. Maybe you could run into one or two of the Whiterun guards, who fell at the Western Watchtower while battling a dragon. Or some of the Nords from Helgen.

Oh, the Helgen folks! The trauma of getting killed in a dragon attack only to face the dragon in the afterlife. That would have been a brilliant part of the storyline. Some of them certainly should have been included!

JoeReese

Who was it Hadvar told to watch over the boy, who eventually ends up at Froki's shack? Maybe he could approach the dragonborn, having recognized him from Helgen, and ask of the boy's fate.

JoeReese

I was so distraught, after getting her killed in my first play through, that I stopped using her as a follower.

Lucid

Lydia. Lord knows she deserves it after being murdered by me so many times. Poor girl. Give her some mead!

Yes! Any of the Housecarls who get killed in the service of the Dragonborn should be there! That wouldn't have been too tough to write.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I was so distraught, after getting her killed in my first play through, that I stopped using her as a follower.
You mean you're not supposed to kill her within 20 minutes of meeting her? I thought that was why she was so annoying!
th

Whoop! Shropshire!

Pete

Tiber Septim can't be in Sovngarde -- he's one of the nine divines. His shrines offer the same power as other divines -- thus proof he was elevated.

As for who should be in Sovngarde and aren't there, are the harbingers who accepted the beast blood -- but that my friends, is a matter of debate.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Tiber Septim can't be in Sovngarde -- he's one of the nine divines. His shrines offer the same power as other divines -- thus proof he was elevated.

As for who should be in Sovngarde and aren't there, are the harbingers who accepted the beast blood -- but that my friends, is a matter of debate.
Can Tiber at least come for a visit? He may be better than everybody else, but I'd still like to meet him. Not worship him, meet him.

Maybe your character from oblivion. Obviously you wouldn't see the face but it be interesting. They should be able to talk to you but no voice as you didn't have one.

JoeReese

Can Tiber at least come for a visit? He may be better than everybody else, but I'd still like to meet him. Not worship him, meet him.
Tiber and the other divines are there on the 4th Monday of each month, for the 7:00PM ADDDGOIE meeting. (Aedra, Deadra, Deities, Divines, Gods, and Other Immortal Entities, local #1)
He can usually be found in the Gold Keg Hall an hour or so before the meeting starts.

Maybe your character from oblivion. Obviously you wouldn't see the face but it be interesting. They should be able to talk to you but no voice as you didn't have one.

I like the idea but, Sovngarde is generally for the nords. And most people (like me) didn't pick a nord(or didn't play oblivion in the first place) so wouldn't they want to be in their races version of Sovngarde over the nords version?

JoeReese

I like the idea but, Sovngarde is generally for the nords. And most people (like me) didn't pick a nord(or didn't play oblivion in the first place) so wouldn't they want to be in their races version of Sovngarde over the nords version?
Valid observation, of course, but Sovngarde is the only one we as players get to see. I would imagine, if each of the different groups going different places had an in-game visit, we'd be kicking around who we'd like to have seen there. Fun to imagine

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
Miraak.
Mind you, not sure I would want to see that ghastly wound that tentacle made.

Im not joking! Maybe if you had already completed his questline you could summon him from Oblivion to help you defeat Alduin, finally offering him Repentance in the eyes of Akatosh (or something else of a holy nature).

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
Also, wasnt the Ebony warrior a Redguard?

Lucid

Also, wasnt the Ebony warrior a Redguard?

Yes, but all he wants is to go to Sovngarde. You'd think that Tall Papa and Shor would have granted him that. I feel he earned it.

But a member here beat him before finishing the main quest, and confirmed that the EW was not in Sovngarde.

Lucid

Miraak.
Mind you, not sure I would want to see that ghastly wound that tentacle made.

Im not joking! Maybe if you had already completed his questline you could summon him from Oblivion to help you defeat Alduin, finally offering him Repentance in the eyes of Akatosh (or something else of a holy nature).

Yes to all of this!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts