• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I'm here to put a fly in your ointment. I stopped playing Skyrim about 2 months ago and though I love the game and still like to discuss it from time to time, I'm positive I won't be playing Skyrim again. Every now and again I'll talk my daughter through a quest, but that's about it. I keep waiting for the desire to come back but every time I think about starting a new build, my inner child responds by saying: "Ugh... god no please..."
All I can really say is that I'm sorry to hear that. I've heard people say a quote, "Skyrim is a way of life." I think it's attributed to Morgan Webb? Either way, I think it's partially true. I mean, if you truly feel so strongly about never playing again, then perhaps you weren't really that captivated by it in the first place? I don't really know, but I usually toss something like this up to different strokes for different blokes. I was really just trying to be positive and can only speak from personal experience. I may take time off from Skyrim, but I always come back. For instance, I recently stopped in favor for some heavy FIFA14 action (FUT is killing my soul). I'm starting to wane on that and considering getting some Assassin's Creed gaming going since they released Liberation for consoles. But at the same time, I find myself day dreaming about a hearty Nord who wears nothing more than fur armor (or maybe scaled armor, I'm unsure at the moment) and wields a shield and axe. A real traditional Nord type of character that relishes a fight, loves to drink, and can often find himself on the wrong side of the law usually by accident.

So, my point is, for me, while I may put the game to the side for awhile, I guess I never really leave Skyrim.

Ever? That seems a bit harsh. But you are right. I am getting tired of it after a year and may move on to Dragon Age, Dragon's Dogma or even Assassin's Creed (I haven't even made it through 3). I really do need to branch out one of these days.
I've never played Dragon's Dogma, but I thoroughly enjoy the other two you mentioned. I only played Dragon Age Origins, but I'm told if I enjoyed that, I should pick up the second one.

I'm more versed in Assassin's Creed, though. I, personally, didn't like the third one. While the American Revolution is one of my absolute favorite periods in history, I felt like the game kind of fell flat. It just didn't have that certain something that the others have. My favorite is still Brotherhood, but the newest, Black Flag, is probably my second favorite. The story for Black Flag was great and I really enjoyed the main protagonist, Edward Kenway. I'm a historian by trade, so the Assassin's Creed series is like my bread and butter. :D

LuChao

The Martial artist
I'm here to put a fly in your ointment. I stopped playing Skyrim about 2 months ago and though I love the game and still like to discuss it from time to time, I'm positive I won't be playing Skyrim again. Every now and again I'll talk my daughter through a quest, but that's about it. I keep waiting for the desire to come back but every time I think about starting a new build, my inner child responds by saying: "Ugh... god no please..."
All I can really say is that I'm sorry to hear that. I've heard people say a quote, "Skyrim is a way of life." I think it's attributed to Morgan Webb? Either way, I think it's partially true. I mean, if you truly feel so strongly about never playing again, then perhaps you weren't really that captivated by it in the first place? I don't really know, but I usually toss something like this up to different strokes for different blokes. I was really just trying to be positive and can only speak from personal experience. I may take time off from Skyrim, but I always come back. For instance, I recently stopped in favor for some heavy FIFA14 action (FUT is killing my soul). I'm starting to wane on that and considering getting some Assassin's Creed gaming going since they released Liberation for consoles. But at the same time, I find myself day dreaming about a hearty Nord who wears nothing more than fur armor (or maybe scaled armor, I'm unsure at the moment) and wields a shield and axe. A real traditional Nord type of character that relishes a fight, loves to drink, and can often find himself on the wrong side of the law usually by accident.

So, my point is, for me, while I may put the game to the side for awhile, I guess I never really leave Skyrim.

Ever? That seems a bit harsh. But you are right. I am getting tired of it after a year and may move on to Dragon Age, Dragon's Dogma or even Assassin's Creed (I haven't even made it through 3). I really do need to branch out one of these days.
I've never played Dragon's Dogma, but I thoroughly enjoy the other two you mentioned. I only played Dragon Age Origins, but I'm told if I enjoyed that, I should pick up the second one.

I'm more versed in Assassin's Creed, though. I, personally, didn't like the third one. While the American Revolution is one of my absolute favorite periods in history, I felt like the game kind of fell flat. It just didn't have that certain something that the others have. My favorite is still Brotherhood, but the newest, Black Flag, is probably my second favorite. The story for Black Flag was great and I really enjoyed the main protagonist, Edward Kenway. I'm a historian by trade, so the Assassin's Creed series is like my bread and butter. :D

Black Flag ending surprised me because I played all the way through 3 so the ending of Black Flag had my jaw on the floor not gonna say anything about it so I dont ruin it for others who are yet to find out but I will say this SKYRIM always keeps me coming back for more and I never tire fully because of so many ideas I have never dont and the fact I never finished Dawnguard OR Dragonborn it gives me something to work for once I find that 1 Build I can keep alive :D

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies

It's not that I feel strongly about not playing, it's more that I feel strongly about the fact that there is literally nothing left for me to do in the game that I haven't done already. I'm not saying that to boast but as a point of fact. Looking back, I would have to say that the game pretty much ended for me the day I killed a Legendary Dragon... on Legendary... with Mehrune's Razor. Killed him in three swings. I remember thinking: "Well, that completes my Skyrim Bucket List."

Right now I'm a full time Wastelander. I gotta say that the Fallout universe is as compelling as the Elder Scrolls universe and I prefer the character development in that game. Leveling your character is much less about grinding and more about playing. Right now I'm still exploring every inch of the Capital Wasteland. Next I'll move on to Fallout:New Vegas then Fallout 4 (when it's released, hopefully), then TES 6. I see no room for Skyrim in my gaming future. :)

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
When I got my 3DS XL for Christmas, that really brought me out of my console gaming groove for like, a month. I didn't touch my Xbox for a good month and a half. When I started playing Xbox again, Fallout 3 was the first game I went to... sometimes you really just need another diversion in order to get excited about an old game again. After playing my 3DS hardcore for a month, it was refreshing to go back to good old Fallout. I have yet to play Skyrim again, though I did put in Oblivion for a few hours the other day. :) I always get nostalgic with that game.

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
Same happened to me... Ubisoft and Rockstar lured me from the game... With their piratey and terrorist games! But once I was done helping Kenway molesting Spanish, English, Maians and even Portuguese ships of which I have a model and several drawings in my room, I finally picked up Skyrim again and said triumphantly: "Let's kill Nazeem again!"

nightmare16

here have a cookie :)
raido I had a very similar experience. my first time I played it I thought "wow this game sucks what a waste of money" threw it in its case and put it on shelf. 6 months later, I was so bored I couldn't stand it so i put it in and played it for 16 hours straight. I actually missed work because I couldn't stop and now im a elder scrolls fan forever

nightmare16

here have a cookie :)
im not a fantasy fan at all, but I have sunk probably 4 times as much time into skyrim then I did gta5. skyrim in my opinion is the best free roam AND best game ever created

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts