• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

missingno

Article Writer
I really wished you could have a home that was just jam packed with bookcases.

I collected so many books it was unbelievable. I love finding a rare book in a tomb or dungeon.
But it sucked i couldn't have a secret library, perhaps in the 'Windhelm' home or perhaps an entire library to myself, like the one in the Winterhold college.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I suppose you could just stack them on the floor. There are even small stacks all over the place in the Arcanaeum. It would add an element of realism and make it look like you were a serious collector. It's not as satisfying but you could also devote a storage container (chest or cupboard) to nothing but books.

I was only ever interested in collecting rare books though I might eventually create a character that was serious about collecting at least one of everything in the game.

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
The bards collage has a much better selection then the collage of winter hold. I really wish their was a library in my homes to instead of one or two small book shelves

missingno

Article Writer
The problem i found with dropping stuff was that when i left the house/building and returned the stuff i put down would be thrown about the room as if someone had trashed the place.

I remember putting a load of stuff on the table and then returned to find everything on the floor.

If you own the house in Windhelm there is a cuboard with a secret door inside it, with an empty room.
Might be fun filling that with books.

Neriad13

Premium Member
The problem i found with dropping stuff was that when i left the house/building and returned the stuff i put down would be thrown about the room as if someone had trashed the place.

I remember putting a load of stuff on the table and then returned to find everything on the floor.

If you own the house in Windhelm there is a cuboard with a secret door inside it, with an empty room.
Might be fun filling that with books.

There's a trick to fixing that. Set up things the way you want them, save the game and exit your house. Then save it again and enter your house again. It seemed to work pretty well for me in Breezehome, anyway.

Icy Seeker

I was disappointed in my Rifton home because some of the book shelves will not hold books because they came with stuff on it. :sadface:

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I was disappointed in my Rifton home because some of the book shelves will not hold books because they came with stuff on it. :sadface:
I hate that too. Actually they just aren't set up to hold books. Instead of building the Triggers for it to work, they just put stuff on them. THIS is one reason why I love the Creation Kit on the PC. Although it gets hard to do, it's nice just to go in and build the bookshelves as they should be.. or add extra's.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts