Who else thinks Bethesda should design the first full virtual reality MMORPG?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shadowbane

Premium Member
Personally this game would be great as an MMO but I really think it should stay single player. there would be so much complaining about Balance and Overpower junk, then Bethesda would fix our complaints and slowly the game would turn to ruin. just like what happend with COD and other good games, not that I dont like cod though

I highly doubt that sort of technology will be available anytime soon (that is assuming you mean complete virtual submersion of the senses with complete interaction) and the closest technology we have now isn't really worth it (unless you have more money than god, if god had money...).

Personally this game would be great as an MMO but I really think it should stay single player. there would be so much complaining about Balance and Overpower junk, then Bethesda would fix our complaints and slowly the game would turn to ruin. just like what happend with COD and other good games, not that I dont like cod though

also this, I would rather TES reamain single player, perhaps with a multiplayer expansion, but primarily singleplayer, more people usually just serves to ruin good roleplay.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I don't think Bethesda are up for MMORPG type of games. What I've seen from them, there are mostly single-players.

Well Bethesda is honestly on my oppinion one of the best in style and roleplay games , however i do not believe they would whant to break into that marked if you see what there games are about , transporting you to a virtual world you can get lost in with personnel touches for your uniqeu character wich is their trademark. However getting some of their graphic deseigner and story line editors together with another compony that does online games , it will promis to be epic .

Hotty Squirrel

GENOCIDE JUNKIE!
they are actually suppose to be making a fallout that is an mmorpg.. its wierd but they dont have to make it, there's other people who already made skyrim an mmorpg but only for computer and it works too.. the problem is that its only a beta and it may take years before perfecting it.. so in the state that its in right now it good for everyone.. but dont rule out the mmorpg playing because they are pople who actually already designed it just not bethesda themselves.. you'll have to go on youtube or skyrimnexus to find the online mods if you want too. ;)

Quanah

Bosmer Shadowscale
This idea has been thought of like in books like "Ready Player One" and "Snow Crash."

This would revolutionize the World, a virtual dreamland in which to escape and even fly.

It may even replace marriage, but I'm pretty sure we'll have android sex slaves by then.

Hotty Squirrel

GENOCIDE JUNKIE!
This idea has been thought of like in books like "Ready Player One" and "Snow Crash."

This would revolutionize the World, a virtual dreamland in which to escape and even fly.

It may even replace marriage, but I'm pretty sure we'll have android sex slaves by then.

it would suck if you machine malfuntion and your stuck in your virtual world forever.. or even suffer major brian damage or even death... they wont dare do anything until it is PERFECTED but even then it may have serious downfall... but if it is perfected then we wouldnt have a reason to send troops overseas.. we can just link together an army and see which side has the best soldiers whithout anyone dying

it would suck if you machine malfuntion and your stuck in your virtual world forever.. or even suffer major brian damage or even death... they wont dare do anything until it is PERFECTED but even then it may have serious downfall... but if it is perfected then we wouldnt have a reason to send troops overseas.. we can just link together an army and see which side has the best soldiers whithout anyone dying

virtual reality doesn't require nay interference with the brain, it just requires complete imitation of sensory inputs, such as sound, sight, touch and taste.

interfering with the brain is another thing entirely, and I wouldn't think that invasive technology would be developed before non-invasive technology where something like that is concerned.

Hotty Squirrel

GENOCIDE JUNKIE!
virtual reality doesn't require nay interference with the brain, it just requires complete imitation of sensory inputs, such as sound, sight, touch and taste.

interfering with the brain is another thing entirely, and I wouldn't think that invasive technology would be developed before non-invasive technology where something like that is concerned.

well you never know whats gonna come out now and days so all we have to do is wait and see... whether they do use your brain or mimic what it can do..

Jaeger

Virtual sex kittens would win out in the market if true VR. Material is so permanent. Jessica Alba last week, Kate Upton today, who the he'll knows tomorrow. Unless we have Morphin' Power Sex Slaves that can shape change, color change, etc (memory metal from the Terminator movies), Virtual Sex Kittens will win at the market. And considering with what happened with those T's....

Krilot Sivaas Do Zoor

Khajiit Brawler
It would be more successful than PSU. And PSU was pretty damn great. It suffered a slow, sad death. But An Elder Scrolls MMORPG would not suffer the same fate.

XbSuper

I don't think anyone said it needs to be an ES game. But I think if they're going to make a game like this, I would want to see Bethesda and Blizzard work together to make it.

It would be more successful than PSU. And PSU was pretty damn great. It suffered a slow, sad death. But An Elder Scrolls MMORPG would not suffer the same fate.

all MMOYPGs suffer a slow, sad death.

mainly because of WoW, I'm not gonna lie, a game that has grown for that long is hard to topple in a genra that requires a vast world.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
If Bethesda were to make a MMORPG out of the Elder Scrolls series, I think it could have potential to be great. The only way I can see it work is it being a modern version of Arena(think Skyrim's combat system and visual graphics implemented into it) with the way characters were built in Morrowind(attributes, classes, birthsigns).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts