Who did you go with in Helgen and why?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
Hadvar,because thieves guild usually has ties to the empire.(maven black-briar being one of the most influencial)

Nighthiker77

I always follow Ralof since we are both escaping and I can't trust Hadvar when he is with the guys that had me on the block just 5 minutes before.

Dr.Madness

Overlord of the Void
I went with Ralof, I have trouble choosing under pressure. With Helgen burning down all around us I just ran into the nearest entrance to the keep and ended up with Ralof. Killing the Imperial Captain was satisfying, she was one racist woman, (This was on my most current character, an Argonian Battle Mage) About my previous comment on the Captain, I mostly play as one of the "Beast" races (Orc, Argonian, Khajiit) with a few Altmer and Dunmer mixed in.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
It usually depends on what armor I want for my character. Heavy? I follow Ralof. Light? I follow Hadvar.

Invader Vin

My first playthrough I went with Hadvar simply because I didn't notice I had an option to go with Ralof. After running through the chaos with Hadvar, I Just kept following him. In my subsequent playthroughs I typically go with Hadvar anyways because I like having free access to the ingots underneath the workbench by Alvor's house. Makes it convenient to have some ingots to craft with when I don't feel like looking for them elsewhere and they respawn every once in awhile. I know I could just steal them, but it's not always easy to do with so many npcs walking around.

Dr.Madness

Overlord of the Void
My first playthrough I went with Hadvar simply because I didn't notice I had an option to go with Ralof. After running through the chaos with Hadvar, I Just kept following him. In my subsequent playthroughs I typically go with Hadvar anyways because I like having free access to the ingots underneath the workbench by Alvor's house. Makes it convenient to have some ingots to craft with when I don't feel like looking for them elsewhere and they respawn every once in awhile. I know I could just steal them, but it's not always easy to do with so many npcs walking around.

I usually follow Hadvar for the same reason, but my current character is a Stormcloak so I felt it would make more sense to follow Ralof.

Wildroses

I went with Hadvar because he tried to stop his captain executing me. Not very hard, it's true, and when the captain said I was going to the block he just went: "Sorry" instead of: "But Captain, s/he isn't on the list. What if s/he's not a rebel or thief?"

But that's a hell of a lot more than Ralof did! I agree with Lokir, he could have told the Imperials that we weren't with them so didn't deserve to go to the block. I think it highly unlikely the Imperial Soldiers would have then said: "Okay, we won't kill them. What a good thing you spoke up" but Ralof should have still tried instead of being all: "Well, we're all of family of people going to die now. Let's try and think of nice things."

That's why I never follow Ralof.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I usually end up with Hadvar. Not 'cause I'm an Imperial supporter, but he's just cuter and the equipment is so much better to start with. I still kill everybody on the way out though, both Imperial and Stormcloak, no matter who I choose, neither Hadvar nor Ralof really seems to care. Besides, with Ralof you end up waaaaayyyy too close to Ulfrich and he smells like an old cheese sandwich left in the sun and it makes me nauseous!

Admittedly, when you go with Ralof you have a safe place to store you stuff and sleep until you get a home, but Ralof's family is much cooler and his father's the smith for goodness sake (and that's a good thing if you want free stuff!).

Sean

lost somewhere
I went with Ralof on my first playthrough, but I also didn't see Hadvar, so I just went with the only person I could find.

On every other playthrough, though, I go with Hadvar, and I always side with the Empire, because I see that as making more sense.

Tzipora

Hadvar. He tried to keep me from getting my head chopped off, and when the dragon attacked, he still went along with helping me survive. Plus he's pretty good looking.

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
My role-play character Greylin the Forgotten (aka Rashka the Slayer) went with Hadvar since she's a spy for Ulfric and the Stormcloaks (sounds like a rock-and-roll Bard band) and saw it as the perfect opportunity to infiltrate the Imperial Legion and the Thalmor.

Irish

Thane of Solitude
My Forsworn went with Hadvar simply because she despises Ulfric Stormcloak for brutally retaking The Reach from her people.

My Nord followed Ralof because amidst the hullabaloo and panic, she ran to the first entrance to Helgen Keep she saw.

Cren Reon

Lord Mustard
I went with Ralof, I have trouble choosing under pressure. With Helgen burning down all around us I just ran into the nearest entrance to the keep and ended up with Ralof. Killing the Imperial Captain was satisfying, she was one racist woman, (This was on my most current character, an Argonian Battle Mage) About my previous comment on the Captain, I mostly play as one of the "Beast" races (Orc, Argonian, Khajiit) with a few Altmer and Dunmer mixed in.
I wouldn't really consider orcs a beast race. They are Orsmer. Mer. So they are not really a beast race. They kinda act like it though!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

sticky runes

Hadvar is usually my choice, even if I don't intend to take part in the war. He is sympathetic towards me and does actually acknowledge that I shouldn't be there among the prisoners, and he stays calm and helps out the townspeople during all the chaos. Plus he brings me back to meet the blacksmith in Riverwood, who is a much better friend to have early than Ralof's sister.

And it is kinda cool, watching those Imperial archers and mages trying to fend off the dragon!

Enchanted Ruffles

I went with Ralof, since Hadvar and his men would have executed me. Ironically, when I actually traveled to Windhelm and met Ulfric a second time later on, I found the Stormcloaks to be distasteful in their bigotry. I figured, with attitudes like their, they could only plunge Skyrim into further chaos... I'll probably be joining the Imperials, afterall.

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
My role-play character Greylin the Forgotten (aka Rashka the Slayer) went with Hadvar since she's a spy for Ulfric and the Stormcloaks (sounds like a rock-and-roll Bard band) and saw it as the perfect opportunity to infiltrate the Imperial Legion and the Thalmor.

I forgot to mention (I was half asleep at the time) that I usually go with Hadvar anyway, regardless of the fact that his Imperial buddies were trying to remove my character from her head. The Imperials generally have better armor and weapons with which to start the game with, and you get access to a few nice items from his friend the smithy in Riverwood.

Rashka was born a true Nord, and is more or less a brainwashed zealot who was trained by an ancient assassin sect called the Ghost Warriors (off-shoot from the Dark Brotherhood), so naturally she is against the Imperials. But her hatred of the Thalmor skews any reasonable view she may have of the Imperials in the long run.

But, I like Hadvar; he seems to be one of the few nice Imperials you meet in the game. It's too bad he doesn't play any further role in the game than what he does.

Vaga8ond

I didn't even realize it was an option until a few months ago so I always went with Hadvar. I accidentally went through the door with Ralof and it was satisfying to burn up the chic that was trying to cut off my head even though I wasn't "on the list".

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Hadvar because he was my first choice on my first playthrough and since it has no gameplay bearing, I stick with whats familiar so I can just get the hell out of there as quick as possible and start my game.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts