Who attended your wedding in Riften?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dovahkiir

Only Lydia,Farkas and Hroki. I expected more would attend though. Especially after the numerous misc quests i did to help as much NPCs as possible.

Likewise, well not the same but similarly few in number. Even the kids didn't even bother to show up. Apparently its assigned randomly by the game. Funnily enough one person who always shows up is that imperial captain woman that you do that quest to clear out Japhet's Folly for, she must really like me. Sometimes its really random and I look at them and think, who the heck are you? Its some nobody I fetched a carton of milk for months ago. Or something like that.

Still its better than the wife, only one person showed up on her side. You'd think she has some family that might show up even if my character is as far from home as can be imagined.

Moris said:
I am thane in nine holds and own property in eight. I am Harbinger of the Companions, Archmage (though I think it's just an honorary title because they like having someone around to kill the numerous dragons which alight upon their grounds), Imperial legate, and known throughout the holds as the dragonborn defeater of Alduin. I am level 66.

Who showed up at my wedding?

Wujeeta.

Well, I AM glad I helped her with her skooma addiction. Truly.

Lol, I'm similar and guards still treat me like something they scraped off the sole of their boots.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
GroBenjii just had a lovely wedding ceremony, and is now the husband of Borgakh the Steel Heart of Mor Khazgur. He turned up with no follower and this is who attended the temple:

My orcs best man was Cosnach, as he is thane of Markarth and spend a bit of time at the Silver-Blood Inn, they have gotten to know eachother well :beermug: But little did Cosnach know, that this was a dry wedding :p

Benjii's Markarth housecarl Argis the Bulwark, was also there. As he have only just been a thane for 2 in game days it was nice to see that he was taking his duties seriously.

Borgakh's mother, Bagrak, and grandmother, Sharamph from Mor Khazgur also attended. The couple are glad about this as they sorta broke Orc tradition with the way they are chosing to live there lives. It ment a lot to Borgakh to have them support her.

One of the Mor Khazgur miners, Olur was also there. Benjii will have to keep an eye on him as he may be smitten with his new bride... I dont think Benjii has said a word to him all game...

Benjii was very honoured to have Chief Mauhulakh from the Stronghold near Windhelm turn up as well. He is currently wifeless and unfortunately for him, no young, single orcs attended Benjii's wedding for him.

Thats it! It was a very full temple of mostly orc guests, by my count 4orcs, a breton and a nord housecarl, and Im extremely happy with the guestlist! If I could change one though it would be Olur for Ghorbash of the Dushnikh Yal Stronghold.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
OK. So, I finally got married to Jenassa. I was like, "Ok, this is great!"

NOBODY WAS AT THE WEDDING. I ask you, people of the forums, why????

Vilkas Farkas was there from the Companions. And two like, strangers from Riften that I can't even tell you who they are. That's it. None of my housecarls, no other Companions, nobody from the Dawnguard... Nobody. Does that mean everyone hates my character?

RP wise I have to figure out how to explain why nobody showed up. I hope it doesn't mean everybody hates me. :sadface:

EDIT: Had the wrong brother. I'm going to have to take Farkas out adventuring to thank him for the solidarity.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
OK. So, I finally got married to Jenassa. I was like, "Ok, this is great!"

NOBODY WAS AT THE WEDDING. I ask you, people of the forums, why????

Vilkas Farkas was there from the Companions. And two like, strangers from Riften that I can't even tell you who they are. That's it. None of my housecarls, no other Companions, nobody from the Dawnguard... Nobody. Does that mean everyone hates my character?

RP wise I have to figure out how to explain why nobody showed up. I hope it doesn't mean everybody hates me. :sadface:

EDIT: Had the wrong brother. I'm going to have to take Farkas out adventuring to thank him for the solidarity.

OMG thats horrible! I would really like to know how the game picks the guests as well...

I think that the lower level you are (Benjii was level 20) and the less missions you have done, it seems more people come to the wedding.

Perhaps npc's find out you are spending time with other groups of npc's and get upset by that? haha

zuko514

OMG thats horrible! I would really like to know how the game picks the guests as well...

I think that the lower level you are (Benjii was level 20) and the less missions you have done, it seems more people come to the wedding.

not true for me, level 50 finish the main quest,companion quest and civil war quest.I was almost done with db and thieves guide quest. only two woman from windhel, showed up.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
not true for me, level 50 finish the main quest,companion quest and civil war quest.I was almost done with db and thieves guide quest. only two woman from windhel, showed up.

Well your strengthning my point... Your saying it's NOT true while giving evidence that supports my statement :confused:

By the way, you do realise there is a 'reply' button :p ?

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.

Perhaps npc's find out you are spending time with other groups of npc's and get upset by that? haha

Yeah, it was brutal. I wonder if that's true. I'm approximately level 45 or around there. I also considered the idea that one faction felt I wasn't spending enough time with them or something. I'm just not sure why my own housecarls weren't there. I mean, they're supposed to defend me to the death, right?

How I've rationalized it is that none of my housecarls came (only have two, to be fair) because they were going to have their own ceremony/party back at Lakeview Manor. And for the Companions, Farkas was the only one who was available... the rest were off doing Companion stuff. So, I was promised a proper celebration upon my next visit to Jorrvaskr. For people like Dawnguard and the 100 bazillion people I've assisted, I just assume they didn't know about it. After all, it all happened so quickly. :rolleyes:

I want to see screen captures of weddings that are full. I want to compare it to my sad and pathetic wedding. Here are some from my wedding. Please excuse the awfulness of them... I am a console player, after all. And I have better quality pics in my album or whatever. These are just showing how barren the temple was.

soij.jpg

kcno.jpg

Bonus points if anyone can tell me who the Dunmer priest is behind my character's shoulder. I don't think I've ever helped her, so I assume she came for Jenassa? And there was another Dunmer there, too. A man who I think may have been a trader? I'll need to search through the wiki to figure it out.

Wildroses

There is a guy on DeviantArt called Sir-Douglas-of-Fir who had no Companions turn up to the wedding of Aela and his Harbinger Orc. He rationalised it by deciding that the Companion members, while open minded enough to accept an Orc member and leader, couldn't approve of the marriage of an Orc and a Nord. Maybe the Skyrim isn't as open minded about interracial marriages as we think.

On a completely unrelated note, I recommend Sir-Douglas-of-Fir's The Trouble with Skyrim comics, especially if you are a fan of Janus's Skyrim Oddities.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Bonus points if anyone can tell me who the Dunmer priest is behind my character's shoulder. I don't think I've ever helped her, so I assume she came for Jenassa? And there was another Dunmer there, too. A man who I think may have been a trader? I'll need to search through the wiki to figure it out.

Hard to tell, could actually be a Mage? Hood looks darker than the priest hood. So it could actually be the Dunmer Mage from Kynesgrove I think it is? Where she is after frost salts.

Or if it is a priest, it could be a Dunmer Priest from Riften. If you've done her quest for Agent of Mara.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.

Hard to tell, could actually be a Mage? Hood looks darker than the priest hood. So it could actually be the Dunmer Mage from Kynesgrove I think it is? Where she is after frost salts.

Or if it is a priest, it could be a Dunmer Priest from Riften. If you've done her quest for Agent of Mara.

I think it may be the Dunmer from the Shrine of Azura, Aranea Ienith. The interesting part is that I haven't done the Azura's Star questline. Perhaps Jenassa is a big supporter of Azura? I don't know enough about Dunmer religion, but Azura is one of their chief deities, right?

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member

I think it may be the Dunmer from the Shrine of Azura, Aranea Ienith. The interesting part is that I haven't done the Azura's Star questline. Perhaps Jenassa is a big supporter of Azura? I don't know enough about Dunmer religion, but Azura is one of their chief deities, right?

You know you could have chased after her and seen what her name was right? And yes, Azura is one of the Dunmer's chief deitys. I wouldnt be surprised if Janessa and Aranea know eachother :p

Twiffle

I drank so much ale i cant remember who attended my own wedding, so how do you expect me to remember who attended a video game wedding, , hehehehehhehheh :D

mattizcool

Flying lawnmowers are cool.
My nord married Mjoll and all that showed up were some locals and that Dunmer priest.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
If I remember right I had some Companions come, as well as Lydia and Hroki

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
You know you could have chased after her and seen what her name was right? And yes, Azura is one of the Dunmer's chief deitys. I wouldnt be surprised if Janessa and Aranea know eachother :p

I KNOW! :mad::D

But I was in disbelief and I paused to see if there were people around that I missed. And then when I went to run outside, I bumped into the male Dunmer that was there by the door. By the time I got out, she was gone. I just didn't think to take note of either of their names.

It will forever remain one of my character's great mysteries, I suppose.

Rhew

The missing snow elf
My snow elf married Faendal (mod) and Camilla showed up :p. The Dunmer woman who you bring ice wraith teeth showed up. A random mage (mod to add more students) from my college (I'm the arch-mage) was there. And I think that was it. i didn't save it. I want more people to attend. And I expect Jarl Balgruuf to be there! :D
rhewwedding.jpg

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts