Who attended your wedding in Riften?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I would really love to find out the factors of who and how many people show up at weddings..?

I was fairly privileged to have Elisif the fair and the riften begger at my wedding to Janessa. I also brought my handsome kitty, Jzargo with me in his finest master robes.

I had made it to the alter about a week earlier with Brelyna Maryon but I ended up rejecting her at the last minute. Big regret of mine as she isnt a follower any more and I think she would have made a better wife than Janessa...

But at that wedding I had the riften jarl lady and that was it.

Geee im an a**hole :D

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Liches don't marry it would be really awkward if they did, I do remember one time once before though when Ondolomor Showed up, the Thalmor at my wedding what a honour they must think very highly of me to stop everything they were doing just to attend

Rimfaxe96

Liches don't marry it would be really awkward if they did, I do remember one time once before though when Ondolomor Showed up, the Thalmor at my wedding what a honour they must think very highly of me to stop everything they were doing just to attend

Wtf, Thalmor come to weddings?!
And what if thecandidates for marriage both wear Talos amulets while marrying?
If he tried to jump up and kill both of 'em it could really, really ruin the party, you know. :eek:

tx12001

Wtf, Thalmor come to weddings?!
And what if thecandidates for marriage both wear Talos amulets while marrying?
If he tried to jump up and kill both of 'em it could really, really ruin the party, you know. :eek:[/quote/ Are you Accusing my Immortal Draco Lich character to Worshipping that which is below him? take a good look at my avatar Pc cause that's my Character

Rimfaxe96

Are you Accusing my Immortal Draco Lich character to Worshipping that which is below him? take a good look at my avatar Pc cause that's my Character

No, I'm asking because of my own. :D
Below him? >_> Talos would have fus ro dah'd him off a mountain before he could even try to whisper!

seeker23

Looking for the Snitch in Skyrim...
You actually paid attention to who was at the wedding???:eek:
I was busy trying to whisk her away on our honeymoon.:D

On a serious note, I remember having about 10 people at the wedding, but can't remember them now.

This was way back when I was young and foolish.*sighs*
Ahhh..... :eek::eek: no no the above line was a computer generated, I need to go home tonight.

Chadonraz

I've only gotten married once, and it was a long time ago. I don't think I saw many guests, but I do remember that Lydia and Farkas attended.

I was fairly high level, and done several major questlines (MQ, CW, Companions and possibly CoW).

Amaryllis

My very first marriage in Skyrim, ever, ever, ever, was to Sylgja (the miner from Shor's Stone). And I had the whole Shor's Stone crew show up, a Riften Guard, Alvor, Faendel, Camilla Valerius, Lydia, that wandering bard guy, Ondolemar (wtf), some mod companion I hadn't picked up as a follower yet (whose only task ever turned out to be attending my wedding, as they were broken and got deleted soon after), Anneke Crag-Jumper, and Beirand. Beirand, btw, is the Solitude blacksmith, and I had not even visited Solitude on that character. The church was absolutely PACKED.

Second character I got married on, I married Jordis. I was level 40-something at the time, halfway through the Imperial questline, pretty much solved the problem of everyone living in Solitude or the surrounding area, and ditto for Whiterun and Markarth. The only attendee was Sorex Vinius (who gave me 3 gold when I walked near him as well, saying that it didn't mean we were engaged).

Next marriage was Marcurio. Basically, most of the inhabitants of the Bee and Barb showed up, including that Argonian that hates you, and Loius Letrush, who was broken and attacked me in the tavern, and out in the town, but not at the wedding (he had SOME decency, I guess).

I thought that maybe it had something to do with your quests in addition to your spouse's 'connections' in the world, which would have been why Sylgja brought the Shor's Stone people and her mother (but not her father? I guess he hated the idea of his little girl tying the knot...), and why Marcurio brought the residents of the Riften Tavern, since I'm guessing they're basically reenacting episodes of Cheers in there whenever you aren't around. It would also explain why Jordis had nobody (poor Jordis), since she was a housecarl that isn't even in the game until you become Thane, but you'd have thought that would have at least brought some of the palace people.

Anyway, that made sense. But then I married Brelyna Maryon, and...Sorex Vinius showed up. None of the college people, even though I was friendly with all of them.

Married Farkas. Aela shows up, but no other Companions. Also, Sorex Vinius.

Shahvee. Some Argonians from the Assemblage, one of the racist beggars, the Dunmer that they're yelling at when you first come into Windhelm. And Maul.

Gilfre. Uthgerd, Ysolda, and Sorex fluffing Vinius. At this point, I'm starting to think that maybe I should be marrying Sorex, because he's the only person who troubles to attend my wedding regularly out of the millions of people I help (and in at least one of the playthroughs, I'm pretty sure I had never even done his quest).

Amaryllis

Not really polygamy issues. :p They all married characters I thought fit the mold of what I was trying to RP (Sylgja was probably the loosest one, as that was my first major character, that I was just running everywhere with). Jordis' character was a mercenary from Cyrodiil who came up at General Tullius' behest to help the empire in the war, and just sort of set up home base in Solitude, the Brelyna character was obviously a mage at the college, the Farkas one was a Companion, and he was the one who helped me out the most, etc. I don't tend to get married anymore, because I try to make characters with very strict RP parameters, and I give up on them when game mechanics start hindering me, so if there was any indecency there, I've probably made up for it by having dozens of short-lived, celibate characters. I'm probably going to get married again soon though, now that I'm thinking about this, because I want to see if Sorex Vinius shows up to this one too. I wish I understood how the game decided who attends. It must be a laugh a minute for that program.

As for my memory...yeah. I remember silly crap like this for YEARS. Pointless minutiae of games and books are apparently top-shelf stuff. Phone numbers or something though? In one ear and out the other the second I hear them, no matter how hard I concentrate. My brain's sense of priorities is a little messed up.

Wildroses

I just married Marcurio. Despite the fact I had done all but six quests in the entire Rift, I only had my dog, my daughter, Sondas Drenim and Jarl Laila deign to show up, and my dog only showed up because he was following me. He barked and panted throughout the entire ceremony. Still, I suppose having a Jarl watch me get married made up for some of it.

tx12001

I had Ondolomor the Thalmor Agent Show up such a memorable occasion having the thalmor actually act non-sefish for once.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
So who should my female Nord warrior/mage marry? I thought maybe Farkas (not Vilkus) since he's not too bright so wouldn't ask any awkward questions about her relationship with Irileth, plus he's a Companion just like her so they could go off a'howlin' some nights.

Wildroses

Can anyone guess who is here?? Except for Marammel, I can't put a name on anyone else.

http://www.uesp.net/w/images/f/fc/SR-activity-marriage.jpg

The player is the groom, right?? That is if this isn't the emperor's wedding.

I've identified the poorer looking man. It's the beggar in Solitude who sends you to get his master Shegorath back from his vacation. Isn't that nice, he came all the way from the Shivering Isles to see you get married.

So who should my female Nord warrior/mage marry? I thought maybe Farkas (not Vilkus) since he's not too bright so wouldn't ask any awkward questions about her relationship with Irileth, plus he's a Companion just like her so they could go off a'howlin' some nights.

If you want someone who won't ask awkward questions, there is also Omlaug the smelter worker in Markarth and the racist beggar in Windhelm. They have sucky lives and will probably be so happy to have a rich wife with a nice home instead of a pile of hay that they'll let her do whatever she likes without complaint.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member

Im gonna suggest a lez relationship with the chick you save the Rift from her hagraven mum :D

Amaryllis

Incidentally, Illia was my latest Skyrim marriage. No Sorex Vinius at this one though. :*(

In fact, it was just some mod companion and an unnamed NPC ('Barkeep' or something). Very low turn-out. I suppose it's understandable, as the character wasn't very old. But man, stupid Riften citizens. I helped so many of you guys out. At least help a guy look good in front of his fiance, will you?

You know what though? Screw them. Screw everybody. Don't you worry Illia, it's okay if the whole world hates us. All we need is each other.

*cue 80s power ballad*

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts