• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Now imagine it, a fishing skill I don't know if that is just me that thinks that would be legendary.... Just when you are lazy and don't want to do quests or anything you can just stroll up to a lake throw in the fishing rod and have the joysticks as your fishing reel where you spin them to pull in the fish. IMO that would have made this game but then again that is coming from a person who does do alot of fishing in real life ;)

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
I agree it would have made for a nice side-activity. You can hunt afterall, why couldn't you fish?

Slaughterfish scales are also awfully hard to acquire on your own unless you Fire Breath a river I suppose.

It would be a nice addition, but don't think it would have "made the game" as you put it. If this idea, along with more benefits to the Cooking mechanic were in place, I'd be happier.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
So we'll have the annual Riften fishing extravaganza!? bring your own skooma.

Seems like it was planned from the start, there's salmon and fishing poles in- game already. They probably scrapped for lack of time and possibly for the future DLC $$$. I would definitely like to have as a feature.

Eturnus

I would be happy just being able to swing my sword or cast magic in water, but being able to proper fish woukld be highly amusing. I can

I would be happy just being able to swing my sword or cast magic in water, but being able to proper fish woukld be highly amusing. I can

Not being able to cast and swing a sword in the water I can understand, have you tryed punching under water? I means it's doable but would it hurt your enemy? Not very much I think so I reckon they made it like that to the realistic side of them game

MushroomGenius

Not being able to cast and swing a sword in the water I can understand, have you tryed punching under water? I means it's doable but would it hurt your enemy? Not very much I think so I reckon they made it like that to the realistic side of them game

You can't ready yourself for combat in the deeper areas underwater. So punching is an impossibility.

YoungLord94

Yokudan Refugee
Not being able to defend yourself underwater is one of the few gripes I have. Especially since one of my protags is Argonian

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Dark Cloud 2 for the PS2 had fishing and so did Zelda. So long as every fish I caught wasn't an identical salmon I would love to see fishing as a Skyrim activity.

mellojoe

I don't need another WoW.

I'd rather there NOT be useless skills. There's already plenty of meaningless quests to do.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I wouldn't want it as a skill, just as an additional thing to do. I've seen fishing rods. And boats. And both are infuriatingly impossible to interact with. Guess I'll go ride a useless horse.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
I've thought about this as well.. it would be the pinnacle of relaxation to be able to fish on the lakes of the Rift. Certainly much better than diving into the lake and physically catching the fish by hand.. I mean c'mon, who fishes like that? A grizzly bear, or maybe Chuck Norris.. but me, I'd prefer a fishing rod. :D

I understand the point about the fish (apart from salmon) being alchemical ingredients, but I'd still like to see a realistic option for "harvesting" them; or more specifically, an option that is less like harvesting and more like catching them. Hopefully we'll see this in the upcoming DLCs, or perhaps some enterprising modder will make it happen.

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
The problem with this idea is if you want to make it a skill what kind a path of shadow?no path of might? No path of magic?no
Also even if you put it in a skill group you would have an uneven number making it unbalanced. Although if it was like cooking or logging I gauss it would be fine

stagnant94

the amount of stuff to do in Skyrim and you want to go fishing? really?

Azriel

I agree it would have made for a nice side-activity. You can hunt afterall, why couldn't you fish?

Slaughterfish scales are also awfully hard to acquire on your own unless you Fire Breath a river I suppose.

It would be a nice addition, but don't think it would have "made the game" as you put it. If this idea, along with more benefits to the Cooking mechanic were in place, I'd be happier.

wearing the ebony mail works too

MushroomGenius

wearing the ebony mail works too

hah yeah I suppose it would. Never tried casting a cloak spell before entering the water also.. maybe that works too.

Azriel

i diddnt think of a cloak spell...lol...but i would not make sense to use one under water...you would boil freeze or get electrocuted

MushroomGenius

i diddnt think of a cloak spell...lol...but i would not make sense to use one under water...you would boil freeze or get electrocuted

haha if that were the case, I could just safely cast Lightning safely from the shoreline!

Azriel

i wish....you can light oil on fire so why cant i electrocute people by shooting sparks into the water or ice to freeze the surface and paralyze them?

Static

I think that, given the massive expanses of water in this game, fishing and boat piloting could be interesting. Perhaps to compensate movement in water should be impeded by armour, making water into a slight obstacle rather than simply being identical to land as it currently is. This would make more sense as a mod though, rather than a DLC.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts