Whiterun Guards attack me for no reason.(May contain some spoilers)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Richard94

Obviously there is a reason but I don't know what it is they wont even come up to me and say "You have committed crimes against Skyrim, what do you say in your defense" there must be a reason because I need to figure this out because I'm on the main quest where *SPOILERS!!!* you have to capture a dragon at Whiterun *End of spoilers* and I can't do it when the whole of Whiterun is trying to kill me!!

Please help me if you can.

Jordan Ward

Hidden Leaf Village Anbu Black Ops
umm to fix that, mabye you should do the first dragon in whiterun, go to dragons reach in whiterun, and talk to the jarl and help them kill the dragon, and he will make you the a thane (wich is honor) and he is the jarl. so when guards do that, you can say "im a thane of the jarl, you better watch what you say" then they should leave you alone.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
You did something illegal while in Whiterun Hold so you have a bounty on your head for that Hold. The guards will offer you dialogue options which will include the option to pay off your bounty or serve time in jail. Either will clear your bounty and the guards will no longer harass/attack you (until you break the law again in that Hold).

BSE

^^that doesnt work everytime (Jordans post), though. Id say just pay the fine so you can continue with the quest.

Richard94

You did something illegal while in Whiterun Hold so you have a bounty on your head for that Hold. The guards will offer you dialogue options which will include the option to pay off your bounty or serve time in jail. Either will clear your bounty and the guards will no longer harass/attack you (until you break the law again in that Hold).
As I said "they wont even come up to me and say "You have committed crimes against Skyrim, what do you say in your defense"" So it's not that

BSE

Oh, I misread that part as well. Does it happen in any other town, or just Whiterun? If its just Whiterun, check your bounty in your menu. When they start running up to you, sheathe your weapon.

If it happens in every town, then you might be a vampire and need to feed.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
As I said "they wont even come up to me and say "You have committed crimes against Skyrim, what do you say in your defense"" So it's not that
Whoops sorry, misread your post. Is it just the guards or are other people hostile to you as well?

If all NPCs are hostile towards you, you may have Stage 4 Vampirism. Check your active effects for the following:

Champion of the Night
Nightstalker's Footsteps
Resist Disease
Resist Frost
Resist Poison

Richard94

Whoops sorry, misread your post. Is it just the guards or are other people hostile to you as well?

If all NPCs are hostile towards you, you may have Stage 4 Vampirism. Check your active effects for the following:

Champion of the Night
Nightstalker's Footsteps
Resist Disease
Resist Frost
Resist Poison
Witch one of those would make me a Vampire? and surely if I was a Vampire I would just burn in the day, wouldn't I?

BSE

None of those make you a vampire...those are the different affects of having vampirism. And yes, you do "burn" in the day. When you walk in the sunlight, there should be a message in the corner telling you whats happening.

Richard94

ALL IS GOOD NOW!!! :DD Must have been a glitch because when I turned off my Xbox and turned it on again and played Skyrim the guard just told me to come with him. It was very scary see 30 guards chasing you and they all wanted to kill me but I have no clue what cause this but when I took off my blade armor and put on some normal cloths they didn't cause a lot of trouble, maybe it was because of the blade armor?

Thanks for all the help, much appreciated <3

Jordan Ward

Hidden Leaf Village Anbu Black Ops
im sure it was the blades armor, the thalmor are after them... well not just the thalmor, they are despised a bit

mellojoe

if you have a high bounty and you have your sword/spell drawn, then they can attack. but if you put those away, sometimes they will stop and "arrest" you instead.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts