while playing skyrim do you ever get angry or fustrated with stuff?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I suppose you could look at it that way Gidian. But it's not really the point, I would prefer much deeper quests with a feeling of knowing what you did certainly made a difference like clearing out that old ladies house out so tigers don't come in anymore. Than this more 'Free-will' I don't see the difference between the free will except being able to be more versatile in your leveling up system. I just feel that the quests had a deeper meaning in Oblivion than they do in Skyrim. Killing Drauger should be a rarity, and whilst i'm on this rant i'll also state i'm not happy about the Goblins not being in, I know the Falmer were 'supposed' to replace them, but it isn't really the same. Also where the minotaurs go? I mean really? I feel like they should add some more creatures in. Also I don't have any DLC so if they have then I take back my complaint, but as far as the main game goes..C'mon...No Goblins...Big disappointment.

Half the fun is roleplaying you're own reasons. But I see what you mean.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I sorely miss the variety most other games have in foes.

jonathan90

well known member
When townfolk refuse to run from dragons, vampires, bears, sabre cats, other assorted wildlife, assassins, hired thugs, and just about everything else. I can't stand when townsfolk perish and I keep reloading until they live. It gets VERY frustrating. Then there is this helpful glitch that messes with my bashing and causes me unnecessary damage and death.

Edit: I have been informed that it is a feature, not a glitch.

yeah,those thugs fluffin kill me, I would get pissed.
just scream at myself saying....it's okay I am just at a low level,there is no need to get pissed. AAAAAA FOR F**** SAKE F**** FAT ASSED THUGS LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!

I get frustrated all the time. Most recently because on my new guy Everyone and everything is attacking me on sight. I don't really know why since he's just begun his journey in Skyrim and I haven't done anything to earn him enemies. I'm talking thalmor assholes, imperial assholes, citizens and outlaws and pets and assassins and fluffing everyone. As of now he has retreated into exile somewhere in the pale.

Saozig

Hippy
Usually when I get angry it's in part my own doing. I too often try to outsmart the game but at the end of the day, the game's programming is the game's programming.

I found myself tonight having one of those "I think this game's going to humble me" moments, doing the Break of Dawn quest tonight, with my new character, a no-frills Bosmer adventurer that I have deliberately not loaded up wth enchantments and whatnot. Normally I do this quest with characters with more sophiscated gear than what she has right now, but I'm thinking "I've done this a few times--my newbie Wood Elf can just push her way through this with the help of some healing potions."

I bash and slash through the temple, "cleansing" it of all these corrupted souls and any loot laying about--all's good so far. Get to the final part where you have to kill the Malkoran dude, and after my Wood Elf nails him with a prememptive arrow, he kills her with one ice storm blast after she slashes through all the corrupted shades. Then I remember this Malkoran dude's one mean mofo. I'm majorly annoyed because my little Wood Elf doesn't have anything on her to protect against frost--just one piddley resist magic potion.

So I try again, thinking, I know it's coming so I'll just jump out of way--all that achieves is a rather humorous 3rd person animation of my Wood Elf's frozen corpse flying through the air. I try a third time, going in the other direction, letting the corrupted shades converge around my Wood Elf and hammer away to see if they will buffer her from ice storm spell until I can get close enough to Malkoran to attack. Nope. Then I try a rain of prememptive arrows. Not working. Now I'm getting angry--at myself, for not be better prepared. I'm thinking I'm not going to be able to beat this a-hole after clearing out the rest of the freaking temple, and I'm going to have to exit, go get some anti-frost gear or potions and come back, humbled. It's not like something like that hasn't happened before.

Then I remember that my follower's carrying a stolen vial of Potent Paralysis Poison, which I gave him to hold in case a guard arrested my Wood Elf (she's prone to that--she's a problem child). So I get the potion, put it on my bow, and down goes Malkoran. I sprint through the corrupted souls, leaving my follower to deal with them, and just tear into Malkoran so to kill him before he can get back up. At that point, I'm close enough to him that when he resurrects as a shade, he can't really whammy me with that killer ice storm spell, and it's just slashing and drinking healing potions until Shade Malkoran and all his lackey shades are gone. Whew.

Didn't humble me this time, Syrim. Ha.

Ok, you did...a little.

Andre2807

The only time I got frustrated, was when I received my Nightingale Armor, only to see that the hood... Was for Illusionists. I managed to get around that though. Made an assassin, that uses Illusion. Success.

Willow

When the game freezes mid-power attack I kinda feel like throwing my xbox out the window. But then I remember how much I love Skyrim, and I don't...

Also, I'm a little obsessed with decorating my house and moving stuff is just NOT ok, but I'm used to it now so I don't get too frustrated.

Chadonraz

I get angry at enemies who attack my follower (when a quest requires me to have one...), any guards or other innocent people. When a dragon attack in a town/other settlement results in bodies, I sometimes pound the dragon's skeleton with my fists.

If an enemy is annoying me (or for the above reason), I often start swearing at them aloud. The language varies, but I usually use English. :D
Last night I was doing the Companions questline, and those Silver Hand sure got their share of my anger...

AS88

Staff member
I don't get angry when my characters die, unless it's due to a glitch, or a power attack/bash not staggering properly, or because I wasn't awarded the sneak multiplier that I should have, or a levelled enemy does double the damage that I do, etc. If I die because it was my fault, ie I missed a few swings or didn't block properly, I just make sure I win next time! ;)

So yeah, I get angry :p but not overly so, because my immersion is broken and I stop caring if it's down to a glitch.

Glitches and freezes annoy me, especially, because it's something that shouldn't ever really happen.

RY14NCE

Dragonborn
Spending ages climbing, and slipping down, Frykte Peak in solstheim to find, that, in reaching the top, my moment of triumph is short lived. I found nothing there, so I thought, " I know, I'll do the clear skies shout to clear the clouds so I can at least enjoy the view". Turns out I accidentally picked whirlwind sprint and just lunged myself into the open air, dying from the fall.

I think I would have been less angry if someone walked straight up to me and poured a kettle of boiling water straight onto my testicles.

Yes, I do occasionally get frustrated with Skyrim. Sometimes.

Some things used to bother me, until I found out how to counter all of them. Now, it's all good, other than the fact that I've completely burned out all the content so that there's literally nothing new to do. This doesn't cause anger, and frustration so much as ennui, though.

Lethennon

#1 for me is the load times. So boring waiting to load, and waiting and waiting. Then you load, run 8 feet, and...load again.

#2 item placement in display cases. I was all stoked, took every gem i had ever gotten and filled the big display case in my house with them. Like a glittering trough of sparkles. When i was satisfied I went to town to get some straw for my trophies. Came back and ALL the gems were on TOP the case. Seems every time the area loads it "drops" the misc type items.

#3 that's it! Honestly, I love the game, as a fan of open world games in general I find the freedom a breath of fresh air.

I thought, " I know, I'll do the clear skies shout to clear the clouds so I can at least enjoy the view". Turns out I accidentally picked whirlwind sprint and just lunged myself into the open air, dying from the fall.

I think I would have been less angry if someone walked straight up to me and poured a kettle of boiling water straight onto my testicles.

Yes, I do occasionally get frustrated with Skyrim. Sometimes.
Oops. Operator Error. Funny, though, I've done similar things because Wuld... is my default Power. Pretty much all my characters have that cued up by default, until I swap it out for something else. No reason to blame the game, though. That was all you.

Yeah, I was a little pissed off when I went to attack the Ebony Warrior after he finished killing a mob, not noticing his magic reflect ability was up. One shotted myself with a sprinting power attack with Chaos and Fire enchanted on my blade. Rag dolled right by him and slid down snowy hill face first.

Lethennon

Pretty much the same thing that happens to everyone. Explore for fifteen minutes and get insta killed by a sabrecat from behind

Aurawhisper. Never get cat spanked again!

Aurawhisper. Never get cat spanked again!
Or, if you're leveling Alteration, Detect Life. Don't keep it up, but pulse it until you hear the "Thump" and let your magicka recover. Great for Hunter too, to see the Deer/Foxes before they see you. Like the Whisper, it's a "Silent" spell without Quiet Casting. I cast my _flesh spell first, because you can really run you Blue Bar down with it, but it sure gives you XP fast.