while playing skyrim do you ever get angry or fustrated with stuff?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jonathan90

well known member
A: I love skyrim, and thy shall not get fustrated with playing skyrim.

B:God dammit!!!!!, I say this bandit bastard keeps on killing me!!!!!plops*

C:I just try and stay calm when I play, and do not chuck a wobbely, whenever I get killed by a big fatass boss bandit.

so, do you get angry?, while telling another enemy who keeps killing you to piss off. while you know...I do get pretty pissed, when I get killed by the slightest thing. errrrggghh!!!so do you get angry over this game???

Valhallrion

is this a serious qeustion? I yell.... loud. mostly because of glitches. But fighting the ebony warrior almost made people in my house deaf

jonathan90

well known member
I just wish this big fatass bandit would just die!!!!!!because I am sitting there saying to myself, die you bastard die and piss off you bitch,stop hitting me with ice rune, and these fluffin idiot draugr's stop shouting at me for FLUFF SAKE!!!!!:confused:

Valhallrion

ohhhh DUDE i know exactly where you are. You are in the crypt. the nordic rune. i think theyre may be a dragon preist at the end i do not remember. But i remember having great difficulty with that part

Wildroses

I don't mind so much getting killed. I look on it as an intellectual challenge to improve my strategy. But my policy of never fast travelling is can be kind of annoying.

I don't really mind walking through the glorious landscape of Skyrim, I just object to having to fight for my life every twenty steps. Surely all the bandits of Skyrim should have caught on. Surely the Dark Brotherhood should have realised I needed better techniques then having someone charge at me in the wilderness screaming. Surely the vampires should have figured out I wouldn't have joined the Dawnguard if I didn't think I couldn't handle myself. Surely the Thalmor should have realised they need way more than three people to take me down. Surely by now I should have singlehandedly bought about the extinction of Skyrim's wolves, bears, sabrecats, trolls and spriggans!

When I keep having to wade through a bloodbath when I am just trying to get from point A to point B, I have actually screamed at the computer: "A TWO MINUTE WALK HAS TAKEN ME HALF AN HOUR OF BLOODY BATTLE!"

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
hmm, Skyrim is for me just a sort of cool-down.

when I've had a bad day, or i'm just frustrated whit something, I start playing Skyrim to take my mind of things.

So for me, Skyrim makes me calm down. being killed is part of the game. I don't believe there is someone who never died in Skyrim!

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
The last time I got frustrated was the other day when one of my characters, my namesake, got corrupted. I loaded it up and every 30-60 seconds the game would freeze. I was in my home, in Falkreath, and I had just come up from the basement. I had two more saves, but they were all from in the basement and every time I would come up, I would freeze within the 30-60 seconds. I could do whatever I wanted and spend as much time in the basement, but every time I came up...it never failed. I don't know what caused it, but I'm pretty bummed about it. I was working on my house while preparing to set out to Solstheim.

Maybe I'll make a new version of him one day, but not now. I was pretty frustrated while I spent the time figuring out how to salvage the character.

juniperbugg

Skyrim addict
The only thing that frustrates me are the loading screens, everytime I enter and exit my house a shop and theyre not quick. Other then that everything is cricket.
I do talk to myself and curse people who are attacking me but thats half the fun ^.^

itsLilBeastHD

Jason, Modder.
Yep, was in the middle of a quest killing someone in a cave and i had full health but some how in oblivion a mage got a kill cam finisher on me. I know i'm low level but i know mages don't hit that hard, not using sparks at least. So after that i dawned on werewolf mode and gobbled him up.

MiniPea

The Dark Lord of Skyrim
hmm, Skyrim is for me just a sort of cool-down.

when I've had a bad day, or i'm just frustrated whit something, I start playing Skyrim to take my mind of things.

So for me, Skyrim makes me calm down. being killed is part of the game. I don't believe there is someone who never died in Skyrim!

No one has never died in Skyrim because everyone tests if they will survive a fall from the Throat of the World. :D

Cazimir

I regularly get frustrated while trying to climb a mountain or over rocks. You think I'd learn my lesson, because generally there will be an easily found path not too far away. But noooo, I immediately go for whichever way is closest and wind up pounding the space bar in a futile attempt to jump up or over all those boulders.

The Dragonborn can fling spells from his hands, but he's pretty pitiful at mountain climbing.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
When townfolk refuse to run from dragons, vampires, bears, sabre cats, other assorted wildlife, assassins, hired thugs, and just about everything else. I can't stand when townsfolk perish and I keep reloading until they live. It gets VERY frustrating. Then there is this helpful glitch that messes with my bashing and causes me unnecessary damage and death.

Edit: I have been informed that it is a feature, not a glitch.

Zernor2618

I wouldn't say I was angry with this point, more disheartened by it. The quests in Skyrim in comparison to Oblivion were just terrible. I mean I don't mind killing people in the companions or the fighters guild, that's part of the job, but in the thieves guild? Where the point is not to get caught? Also the quests were really repetitive, oh go to this cave where a word wall is kill at least 40 draugers along the way. It really gets annoying. Where as in Oblivion it had a reason behind the fights besides...Hurgh...Were zombies!

Example: Pirates take over an inn which is a ship. You actually talk to them before you fight.

Example 2: Escaping a painting, again there is an explained reason for the enemies.

Example 3: Stopping two women who are taking advantage of married men.

I could go on, but I hope my point is clear by now.

Staff member
I wouldn't say I was angry with this point, more disheartened by it. The quests in Skyrim in comparison to Oblivion were just terrible. I mean I don't mind killing people in the companions or the fighters guild, that's part of the job, but in the thieves guild? Where the point is not to get caught? Also the quests were really repetitive, oh go to this cave where a word wall is kill at least 40 draugers along the way. It really gets annoying. Where as in Oblivion it had a reason behind the fights besides...Hurgh...Were zombies!

Example: Pirates take over an inn which is a ship. You actually talk to them before you fight.

Example 2: Escaping a painting, again there is an explained reason for the enemies.

Example 3: Stopping two women who are taking advantage of married men.

I could go on, but I hope my point is clear by now.

The reason for these differences is that Bethesda gave the player a much larger amount of free will. It was a tradeoff I guess, but I deeply enjoy skyrim none the lesa.

Staff member
You could look at it as a challenge to come up with your own methods and reasons. Skyrim has near limitless possibilities, if you have the mind for it.

Suleku

The Grey Knight
Be wanting to smash my Screen with a baseball bat, whenever I get a corrupted save thanks to a mod :/, and of course when I get killed by a bandit erasing hours of progress :sadface:

Staff member
Be wanting to smash my Screen with a baseball bat, whenever I get a corrupted save thanks to a mod :/, and of course when I get killed by a bandit erasing hours of progress :sadface:

Steve Wozniak speaks words of wisdom.

LittleWolf14-10

Meridia's Champion
Since my main character was put into retirement after her save file kept crashing upon every fast-travel and rest, I've disabled autosaving and now just save with the console.

Suffice to say, it gets very frustrating when I forget about this and attempt the Honningbrew Meadery Thieves' Guild quest with my new stealth-focused Main.
Protip: it's nearly impossible to sneak up on those uber-skeevers. For the love of the Divines, PUT SOME SKILLS INTO YOUR ONE-HANDED FIRST.

Zernor2618

I suppose you could look at it that way Gidian. But it's not really the point, I would prefer much deeper quests with a feeling of knowing what you did certainly made a difference like clearing out that old ladies house out so tigers don't come in anymore. Than this more 'Free-will' I don't see the difference between the free will except being able to be more versatile in your leveling up system. I just feel that the quests had a deeper meaning in Oblivion than they do in Skyrim. Killing Drauger should be a rarity, and whilst i'm on this rant i'll also state i'm not happy about the Goblins not being in, I know the Falmer were 'supposed' to replace them, but it isn't really the same. Also where the minotaurs go? I mean really? I feel like they should add some more creatures in. Also I don't have any DLC so if they have then I take back my complaint, but as far as the main game goes..C'mon...No Goblins...Big disappointment.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts