Which major city you find most architecturally attractive? A poll

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which major city you find most architecturally attractive?

• Total voters

graphicsgriffin

Hi, I find Solitude the most architecturally appealing city. Share yours!

This concerns building exteriors and street layout and design.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Riften has always been a favorite of mine. I love that it's built of wood instead of stone, as most of the others are—gives it a much more organic and cozy feel. As for the layout, I find it very interesting that it's build on two levels, and seems to radiate out from the merchant's circle in the middle. Being built on top of a river, it's like a miniature, more rustic version of Venice!

Newaryon

I like Solitude... I'm a big city girl. And the chaos introduced by the influence of Sheogorath in the Blue Palace and Sanguine on the Bards. I love the architecture in Markath but all the stone walls make me feel claustrophobic and the silver&blood style of the people is as cold as their stone.

graphicsgriffin

Actually, Markarth is so beautiful, but I chose solitude because it feels more cozy! If I were to choose a city to live in real life it would be Solitude (or Chorrol of Oblivion)!

ShadowMage

Article Writer
Markarth is amazing because of the multiple stories and ramps. And don't get me started about the dwarves that built the city.

ShadowMage

Article Writer
I'm okay that there are no trees. It gives an, almost, futuristic look. You don't see any trees in futuristic cities, do you? :p

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Markarth would get my vote, too. Love the flowing water and varying levels of the city. Plus, your purchased house sits in the upper reaches, which makes for a pretty nice view. All that elevation could also make for some potentially precarious circumstances, mind. For instance, don't come stumbling home drunk from a night of revelry with Sanguine. Those "upper reaches" could make for some rather lethal, ahem, falls to the unforgiving masonry below. ;)

Kruise

Khajiit will smell them coming.
I have to go with Markarth. Not only is it built into the mountain, it actually has a really interesting history. With the Reach just outside the doors, the Forsworn attacking me at every corner, it makes me feel more in a country at war than the other places. Whiterun, peaceful. Solitude, peaceful. Riften, is the only other that reminds me of corruption, but the forest just outside is beautiful. Windhelm is a bit.... Racist. Morthal seems really just unimportant, same with Falkreath.

Dylansauce02

Slaying Trolls and taking names.
I like Solitude, it's the Imperial city, so there's almost no crime, and it seems everyone gets along there. It's really welcoming. My second choice would be Whiterun because it's so serene. Markarth is beautiful but I find it threatening. xP

Dylansauce02

Slaying Trolls and taking names.
Maybe I'm biased because I typically think they Imperials rightfully own Skyrim. xP

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
Markarth fanboy